Lion Murdered by a Snake

Rafiki – one of the large male lions in the Kingdom – needs surgery on both of his hind legs. In this episode, we’ll follow Rafiki’s operation, an abandoned hyena cub’s first introduction into the nursery and a painful but expected death at the Park. Then, just as things begin to slow down, the Kingdom is hit with a bush fire.

The Lion Ranger: Death in the Kingdom premieres on Nat Geo Wild Monday September 20 at 9P et/pt.

Video preview: A lion cub is found dead in the kingdom’s enclosure — what was the cause of such a violent death?

Comments

1. zara48909
    September 21, 2010, 2:13 am

It looks like this is the last night for "Lion Ranger". I’m really disappointed because this is a fascinating show. While I enjoy "Expedition Wild" I would much rather watch "Lion Ranger". Please bring it back.

2. jjjjc
    September 21, 2010, 5:03 am

Please bring this wonderful show back! I can’t get enough of it!!!

3. Patricia
    September 21, 2010, 10:22 pm

PLEASE, PLEASE don’t let this show end. PLEASE! We love it and can not get enough of this show.

4. anaz
    September 23, 2010, 2:53 am

DO NOT END THIS SHOW! This was my favorite thing on T.V. its really good and its my main reason for watching National Geographic Wild. The story is amazing.

5. DianeMcMurray
    September 26, 2010, 3:24 am

Please keep this show on the air! It is a really good show and they need the exposure to help the lions and the park! Because of this show I have a new appreciation for lions. This is the only show I’ve ever seen that shows a man "lying" with full grown lions. I didn’t realize just how BIG lions are. Their heads are huge, and I have a whole new respect for lions. I could watch for hours the "Lion Ranger" just interacting with his lions. He truely has a special relationship with all of his animals. I understand that there are also 2 black leopards that I would love to see. I would love to see the "Dream" come true and open the park to the public. CATS RULE!!!

6. lspwhite
    September 27, 2010, 3:37 pm

This is a wonderful show! It isn’t all gussied up so that the lions look like circus performers, but shows them how they really act. The relationship between Kevin and the lions in his charge is incredible. I tend to be cynical but I was touched with his reaction over the cub’s death and how it was now going to fit in with other lions. This is the sort of show that is needed in the world of quickie entertainment!

7. Hennie77
    September 28, 2010, 2:28 am

PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW ON THE AIR. IT’S THE BEST ONE YOU’VE GOT.

8. kac485
    September 28, 2010, 11:12 pm

Bring this show back! It is phenomenal!!!

9. Bertlin
    September 29, 2010, 12:40 am

I’m really upset to learn that there were only two showings. I really looked forward to this show. PLEASE bring it back.

10. ericsess
    October 1, 2010, 6:51 pm

Why is this show not coming back on? I thought it was the best show on t.v. Please bring it back. I don’t see how anyone that watched this show would not get hooked on watching it every week. This show made me want to go work with Kevin! LOL Please, Please, Please bring it back!

11. JillVega
    October 1, 2010, 8:36 pm

I can’t tell you how excited I was when I saw this show…and now there are no more episodes??? PLEASE bring it back.