The Lion Ranger

Meet Kevin Richardson, a self-taught animal behaviorist with an uncanny ability to work with iconic predators. Witness his stunning attempts to protect a lion reserve and stop teenage lions from overthrowing their father.

The Lion Ranger: Trouble in the Pride airs on Nat Geo Wild Tuesday September 7 at 8P et/pt.

Video Preview: Kevin receives three new young lions and welcomes them into the compound – will the rest of the lions be as accepting?

Comments

1. Lannetteb
    September 8, 2010, 3:08 am

oh I am so disapointed as I cannot get this channel (Nat Geo Wild!!!) I am from the west coast of Canada. How can I find this? I have access to the regular Nat Geo but thats all. Please help someone!!

Lannette Boudreau lannette@live.ca

A big big fan of Kevin’s work!!

2. dbrown93
    September 8, 2010, 10:25 pm

Thank you for this amazing show. I would love to know how and where I can support this amazing sanctuary

3. hogpainter
    September 12, 2010, 3:13 am

I too would love to know how and where I can support.

4. TeaAnnaSilovana
    September 13, 2010, 9:32 pm

i so love this web site!!

5. glassblower 47
    September 14, 2010, 1:44 am

Saw "Lion Ranger" for the 1st time today via a fluke. How much a month to support and where can I buy the DVD Movie for all my family and grandkids?
    Shame on the bootlegers in the world. Will gladly pay retail!

6. ciaobellasogno
    September 14, 2010, 2:16 am

Best show. Thor is my favorite. So was Nafumu 🙁

7. bbsheffield
    September 18, 2010, 7:32 pm

I can’t stand this!!! Where are the wealthy sponsors of wildlife conservation who donate to keep refuges like The Farm open and stable? I’m on Social Security Disability and I would contribute to help Kevin and his lions & hyenas! Why haven’t the producers of the movie made it available in DVD form to the US and anywhere else where people would be more than happy to buy a single or even multiple copies? They’d make money and the Farm would also get the funds they need. Please, National Geographic TV, do something to help those of us who desperately want to help this family and their stunning and amazing animals survive!

B. Sheffield

8. Angel
    September 18, 2010, 9:29 pm

I just discovered this show and enjoy watching it very much. The work that Kevin and his family are doing for all these animals is great. I just can’t understand why there aren’t more volunteers, or just animal activists etc willing to help Kevin out to keep this sanctuary going. I have to say my heart broke when the one young lion was found deceased with no answer of how it happened. No bite marks on him. What ever happened, was it illness or internal injuries. Keep up the fantastic work. This was a dream of mine to do, however, due to an accident which broke my lower back permanently my dream was literally shattered. so I love to see others succeed. God Bless you Kevin and all the very best. Will continue to enjoy your show and hope all works out for you.

9. jeannemarks
    September 21, 2010, 7:48 pm

I hope we see more of Kevin and the lions and hyenas. This is a great show!

10. ShelbyS
    September 21, 2010, 11:34 pm

i just starting watching this show LAST NIGHT! i love this show and cant wait to watch future episodes.. i really hope everything works out for kevin and the farm.. i could volunteer over there i would.. maybe i will one day.. who knows? but if i dont then i pray that everything works out for kevin and his family and the farm and all the lion and hiyenas!

11. Hennie77
    September 21, 2010, 11:48 pm

I am from South Africa and now live in Tampa Florida. Watching Kevin’s interaction with the Lions touched me so much. I could never believe this was possible. Have since made contact with them direct just to encourage them. The movie that was made has a website that may prove helpful. http://www.whitelionthemovie.com/pages/adventures.html
    I am recording every episode on Nat Geo Wild to show to my children and grandchildren. THANK YOU NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC for the video series.

12. limodriver52
    September 25, 2010, 7:19 pm

Kevin i love ur show.If theres anyway i can help please let me know .im in lancaster,pa.please send me info so i can post it to my facebook page.since i was 6years old iv always dreamed of getting up close and persal with lions .I support u in any way possible thanks for reading this

13. Hennie77
    September 28, 2010, 2:22 am

I am sooo disappointed that there was NO "Lion Ranger" on this evening. Can NAT GEO WILD tell us if there are more episodes coming?

14. danikahyssong
    October 4, 2010, 2:47 pm

NatGeo’s site sucks! I haven’t seen the Lion Ranger on TV the last 2 Mondays so I wanted to check the schedule. This site has taken me everywhere but to a schedule. A search of the Lion Ranger took me to their sales website; searching NatGeo TV and then the Lion Ranger, got me to TV shows they have online (I didn’t see the Lion Ranger listed); a search of "the lion range schedule" brought me to this blog. I guess I just have to hope I run acrossed it on TV again.

15. Rich Smith
    October 6, 2010, 3:32 pm

Does anyone from natgeowild read these messages?
    What happened to this show?

16. tino
    October 8, 2010, 6:42 pm

Yes, what happened to the show? I’ve been telling everyone, especially the grand kids to keep an eye out for the show on Mondays, and never saw it again? Why tell us to watch it, and give no explanation so we don’t waste our time looking for something that isn’t on anymore? This was the BEST program ever, and I can’t tell you how disappointed I am that it’s off the air!!!!

17. snuffles
    November 8, 2010, 10:50 pm

I am also disappointed that The Lion Ranger is no longer on. Why film only 3 episodes and get us all to watch and then take it away???? I think what Kevin does with the lions, etc. is amazing! I want to help him by donating to help keep the sanctuary going. I only wish I could fly to Africa and volunteer my time. I would do anything to be able to help those lions. Keep up the fantastic work Kevin and here’s hoping NatGeo listens to its viewers and films more than 3 episodes next time!!! I only pray there is a next time!!!!

18. jules520
    December 28, 2010, 7:50 pm

I was fortunate enough to have caught this show on tv late one evening with my husband a couple of weeks ago. We sat up watching until 2 or 3 am. I am so disappointed that this show is not coming on anymore. I was looking forward to watching it and letting my daughters see it as well. Nat Geo needs to put this show back on ASAP! Kevin is doing fantastic work with the lions and I loved watching him interact with all of the animals.

19. aahouse
    January 2, 2011, 2:42 pm

Love this show, please, please, please,NatGo put more on!!!! Kevin and his family are great. You made us fall in love with them and the animals at the park and then nothing after three shows. We want to know what happends to them all!!! We would watch if you would just make it a reg show. To Kevin, Mandy, Tyler and all the animals at the park just keep up the good work, hope to see you soon:-)

20. jdaher860
    January 17, 2011, 10:15 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Keep making Lion Ranger shows. My whole family and friends love watching it and I’m sure much of the world does too.
    -#1 Fan Jimmy D

21. denisezbunch
    January 19, 2011, 6:22 pm

Kevin should create calendars and other commodities with his lions and hyenas to sell online. I love the big lions and I collect a few items that include blankets that have pictures of lions on them.

22. KathySutterfield-Khoshfahm
    January 19, 2011, 7:55 pm

To my knowledge, there are only 3 episodes of this program. I’m wondering if Kevin was able to find the funding to keep his park and his animals…

23. jdaher860
    January 26, 2011, 11:56 pm

The best show Nat Geo Wild has aired.. BAR NONE. It neeeeeeds to be recommisioned. The show makes everyone feel good. PLEASE make more.

24. tidi4evr
    February 3, 2011, 3:34 am

I agree with everybody. What happened to the show? Is Kevin’s camp still in existence? Is there an email address for him? Is there anyway to make donations? Why did u just drop the show without any explanation? What happened to the animals????? If nothing else, you should have information on this site! It’s wrong to have people get interested in a highly advertized heavily repeated real life show that shows this family and all his animals hanging by a financial thread and then just stop showing it.

25. wildlifelover
    March 18, 2011, 2:38 am

I would also love to support and donate to Kevin as well. I am unemployed with no steady income but I will gladly and enthusiastically donate what I can to help Kevin keep this wonderful reserve going. I would also love to see more of Kevin and his lions and hyenas.

26. moulakhancool
    March 31, 2011, 2:12 pm

wow its very cool but i would like to know sum more details and sum contacts also and i love to see those lions live with my eyes and i want to feel them very close so please let me have a chance pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee……………….kevin richardson…………

27. scinza
    April 11, 2011, 11:25 pm

well good people…plaser to meet you all here.Im a portuguese animal lover whos speaks 6 european languages and i like to know the correct adress to send a mail to kevin so i able to offer my services as volunteer:The law of nature is the strongest over the weakest but we could change it to the strongest for the weakest.God bless the people of good will.Greetings.

28. *~DiVa~*
    July 19, 2011, 4:25 am

Are there going to be any new episodes of the Lion Ranger?

29. Susan
    Germantown, Wisconsin. USA
    April 26, 2012, 5:08 am

I am so disappointed that the Lion Ranger isn’t on anymore. I loved that show and I love those amazing Lions. I just love Lions I think they are magnificent animals and I love the baby cubs. I hope Kevin and his wife don’t loose that wonderful lion reserve that they worked so hard for. I get such a kick out of how he interacts with the lions. My favorite is vietsy and the late nafumu. I cried when he died from that snake bite and I especially was heart broken for vietsy when he kept calling out for his brother it was so sad. I just love watching he and Kevin play together. Please tell me that the Reserve is doing well. Also where can I send a donation to This wonderful Reserve for Lions.

30. Valerie Leung
    May 18, 2012, 9:10 pm

I LOVE this show and Kevin Richardson is one of the most inspiring people I’ve ever seen. So it was very heartbreaking when, after a long time of searching around for new episodes, I found that the show may not be on anymore. It’s shocking! Is there any way I can send donations to the Reserve or see how it’s going? Better, is there any way we can revive this show?

31. Kadie Williams
    League City, TX
    June 10, 2013, 7:33 pm

What happened to Kevin’s park????? Why are there only three episodes???

32. zaineb
    Australia Melbourne
    July 2, 2013, 1:32 am

What happened to the park and how can we donate to save the animals is there a contract number that we can call

33. sweetsunset
    October 2, 2013, 6:07 pm

For those that wish to donate/check out Kevin Richardson and the Park visit: http://www.lionwhisperer.co.za/
    There is a donate button, and all sorts of cool information.

I do wish there were more than just the 3 episodes, I found these and watched all three of them in one sitting.
    It’s such a compelling show that will have you sitting on your couch for hours. After watching all three episodes I spent a few hours online trying to find more documentaries on Kevin Richardson and the Lions. I definitely think this would have been MOST WATCHED had the episodes in the series continued.

34. Eileen Tunick
    USA
    June 11, 2015, 3:03 pm

Some websites say Kevin Richardson (lion Whisperer) is dead.
    Please tell me it is not true! If he did die–How?