Top ten ways to channel your “inner wild child” this month:
1. Build a milk jug birdfeeder and make wild bird treats.
2. Photograph nocturnal animals with a nighttime stroll.
3. Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
4. Talk to fireflies with your flashlight.
5. Master your tracking skills by interpreting animal prints.
6. Explore species living in state recreation area.
7. Adopt an endangered animal.
8. Make your backyard animal-friendly.
9. Sketch animals in a journal at a local aquarium or zoo.
10. Learn about diverse wildlife specimens at the nearest Natural History Museum.
Added tips? Plant a tree, sew a reusable tote bag, create a compost bin and participate in a community garden. For more information and ideas on celebrating National Wildlife Week, visit the National Wildlife Federation.
Test your critter knowledge with a “Weird and Wild Animals” quiz!