Now Streaming: Leonardo DiCaprio’s Documentary “Before the Flood”

From Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Fisher Stevens and Academy Award-winning actor, environmental activist, and U.N. Messenger of Peace Leonardo DiCaprio, Before the Flood presents a riveting account of the dramatic changes occurring around the world due to climate change, as well as the actions we as individuals and as a society can take to prevent catastrophic disruption of life on our planet.

“Before the Flood has been my three year journey exploring the subject of climate change. While making the film, we traveled around the world to learn more about the effects of climate change on our planet, and all of us. I had the opportunity to speak to scientists, world leaders, and activists on the urgency of this issue. Before the Flood will air globally in 171 countries and 45 languages commercial-free on the National Geographic Channel on October 30th. And to make sure as many people as possible see this film, National Geographic is making it available for free to all of you just about everywhere. You can watch it on YouTube, Hulu, iTunes, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and Google Play. Climate change is an issue that affects all of us, so please tune in and spread the word. Thank you very much.” -Leonardo DiCaprio

Watch Now:

Watch Leonardo DiCaprio’s three-year journey exploring the subject of climate change, Before the Flood, free on all platforms the same day it premieres on the National Geographic Channel.

Comments

1. Antonio Lopez
    Estados Unidos
    October 30, 2016, 9:43 pm

Pienso k Leonardo esta haciendo un buen trabajo para k tengamos consiensia de los ke le estamos haciendo a nuestro planeta .que es la casa. nuestra casa y de las futuras familia de nosotros mismos. Si no hacemos algo para hora nos arrepentirémos manana .y para que esperar el manana si lo podemos hacer hoy.

2. Carol S. Dansereau
    Great Falls, Montana
    October 30, 2016, 10:08 pm

I’ve been writing poetry & songs on this subject for decades. Thank you for all the work put into this wonderful documentary ! This left me in tears.. The Trent Reznor song at the end really capped it…WELL DONE.
    The future is NOW! God help us
    ~Carol Dansereau

3. Christy Leveque
    Tennessee
    October 30, 2016, 11:37 pm

Powerful! I’m hoping it will make an impact on this crazy world.

4. Anonymous
    Chile
    November 1, 2016, 9:45 am

Loved this documentary! Thank you!

Is there any webpage where I can find the references of the information presented in the film? I’d love to have access to the data, to inform myself and my skeptical friends

5. Nicoletta Galante
    Italy
    November 1, 2016, 1:18 pm

I’d like to know if the documentary is available in English with English subtitles. I am a teacher of English as a second language, I’d like to watch it with my students to start a discussion, but without subtitles it would be a bit too difficult to follow.
    Who can help me? Thanks.

6. Brianna Hallerbach
    California
    November 4, 2016, 3:17 am

A Review of This Documentary:
    This documentary speaks to the urgency of the global warming/climate change issue that is killing our world. Up till now, we the people have been ignoring the problem but now, it is almost too late to save our world unless we take drastic steps, put our heads together, invent new inventions that benefit the environment rather than harm it. Wake up people, the time is now. Leonard DiCaprio really shines a light on the issue and the devastation taking place as it continues to be unsolved as he speaks to experts, visits places and draws from his own experiences all the while making it into a beautifully portrayed movie capturing the reality of life.

7. Jonathan Ames
    Manchester, CT, USA
    November 4, 2016, 12:18 pm

Every member of the human race should watch this film. Perhaps then, there would be some small chance that life on earth will exist in 100 years. We MUST vote out the Climate Change Deniers and the Fossil Fuel purveyors or there is precious little chance that our grandchildren will get to die of old age.

8. Eric Belsterling
    Asheville, NC
    November 7, 2016, 1:59 pm

Wow, thank you Leonardo and all those who gave energy into producing this work. I SO appreciate you all and am committed to doing my small part to be part of the change/solution and to maintain some refuge of sanity within such an insane system. The great journey continues!

9. […] on this if the YouTube video is taken […]