Dr. Scott Sims, We Will Never Forget

Nat Geo WILD is sorry to share the news that, along with our friends at Endemol Shine North America, we lost a dear member of our family yesterday. Dr. Scott Sims, star of our popular Aloha Vet series, passed away in his beloved Hawaii after a short battle with cancer.

Famous for answering calls day and night to care for his patients, he truly embodied the spirit of our network by always putting animals first, and for that he will be greatly missed. Our only consolation is that we got to share his incredible talent and humanity with the world, if just for one season.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends at this difficult time.

Thanks to all the WILD fans for your heartfelt outpouring of love for Dr Sims. We will truly miss him. We have heard from his family and friends in Hawaii, and they have started a foundation to support not just a cause dear to Dr Sims, but really something that represents his entire dedicated life to animals. To learn more, visit pegasusfoundationkauai.org

Comments

1. Paula Johnson
    Steele, Alabama
    July 26, 2015, 11:11 am

We live in Alabama, and we watched his show all the time. We loved him. He will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family. God needed another angel in Heaven. RIP Dear Friend.

2. Mike
    Columbia,TN
    July 26, 2015, 2:21 pm

My condolensces to Dr. Sims’ friends and family.

3. Terry Skelley
    North Braddock PA (nr. Pittsburgh)
    July 26, 2015, 3:02 pm

I’m so sorry to read of dr. Scott’s passing. we really enjoyed his show, the animals, and his staff.

Please convey our prayers and condolences to his friends and family.

Hank and Terry Skelley

4. Nancy Cavallin
    Mississauga , Ont Canada
    July 27, 2015, 5:07 pm

Watched him whenever his show was on. What a great man. He will be truly missed. Aloha, and thank you.

5. Patty
    Maricopa, Arizona
    July 30, 2015, 6:32 am

Dr. Scott you will truly be missed . My condolences to your family and friends you are so loved .

6. ida ewing
    Cozumel, Mexico
    July 30, 2015, 3:31 pm

It is always most saddening to hear of such dedicated and selfless people die too early …. i loved his show too like many other viewers… God bless him… and may his soul find rest and content on the other side….

7. marybeth andrews
    New Hampshire
    July 30, 2015, 7:21 pm

What a loss. He is truly irreplaceable.

8. Karen Briggs
    Indiana
    July 30, 2015, 11:39 pm

I so looked forward to the new season of his show. I did not know he had cancer. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and patients that will miss him.

9. virginia stroud
    hot springs ar.
    July 31, 2015, 1:28 am

Loved watching Dr. Sims perform surgery with the owners present in the converted garage. He seemed like a very humble down to earth caring soul. My condolences to all who were family, friends, work partners and admirers.

10. Al Gross
    California
    July 31, 2015, 9:16 am

It really took me by surprise to hear the sad news about Dr. Scott. He was very dedicated and we thank you. My prayers go out to all your love ones and those who worked so close to you.

11. Kristin Ghre
    Chapel Hill Tennessee
    July 31, 2015, 12:32 pm

I loved the show and the compassion he had for animals.In sorry to his family and friends.Although he will be missed he was such a positive influence on many.May we celebrate his life and remember the resurrection. John 5:28,29,

12. Deanna Sharpton
    lakeland, florida
    July 31, 2015, 2:26 pm

so sorry to hear of the lost of such a person who loved animals like he did. Will be truly missed. Thoughts and prayers go to the family and the staff.

13. Althea Keene
    Pasadena, Maryland
    July 31, 2015, 3:41 pm

I watch his show all the time. You could actually tell that he loved his job. He was the real deal. My condolences to his friends and family he will be greatly missed.

14. Joe Drasal
    Middle River ,MD
    August 1, 2015, 8:33 am

He looked liked he was having fun on the show. We will miss him.

15. Jennifer Brown
    Northern VA
    August 1, 2015, 9:00 am

RIP Dr Sims, Aloha Vet. Loved his spirit and easygoing communicative style. I’ll be watching the marathon.

16. Wild Bill
    Houston, TX
    August 1, 2015, 10:07 am

We watched all of his shows. Dont think we missed any. Rest in peace our friend, Rest in Peace!

17. Debbie
    New River, Arizona
    August 1, 2015, 10:15 am

I am so sorry to hear. My heart truly goes out to his family extended and all. He is such a wonderful man. He is now watching over his beloved animals through our hearts and memories. He is loved and will be missed.

18. Kathy Withrow
    Spring,Tx
    August 1, 2015, 10:48 am

I was really sad to hear about Dr.Scott Sims, I loved watching his show and will miss seeing the him and the show.i watch all the vet.shows on N.G.W. That’s what I was going to be when I grew up but unfortunately at a very young age I found out I had asthma and was very allergic to animals.So I just wanted to send my condolences to all of Dr.Sims family,friends,employees and especially his patients cuz I don’t know if anyone can replace the heart and soul he had,my heart goes out to each and everyone that was a part of Dr.Scott Sims life. My prayers are with you all,Kathy

19. James Wilson
    New Port Richey Fl.
    August 1, 2015, 1:20 pm

It was my privilege to watch someone as dedicated and caring such as Dr. Sims, he showed as much love for his clients and their pets as he did for life.
    My condolences to his family, friends and clientele.

20. Vicki
    Newnan, Ga.
    August 1, 2015, 1:24 pm

So sorry to hear of Scott’s passing, such a heart felt man!! Rest in peace..

21. Connie Sellers
    Houston,TX
    August 1, 2015, 7:44 pm

My prayers and condolences go out to Dr. Sims’ family and friends. I loved watching his show. God has truly gained an angel!

22. Jennifer
    Dallas, Texas
    August 1, 2015, 7:46 pm

My condolences to Dr. Scott’s family and friends. What an impact you made on so many – you will be missed.

23. Joe
    Kansas City
    August 1, 2015, 8:10 pm

Very sad news. Our favorite Vet. Just a great, great guy. RIP.

24. Judy
    West Union, South Carolina
    August 1, 2015, 8:12 pm

We had just met Dr Scott Sims this year on TV. We were so impressed by the way he cared the animals, he never wanted to see one to suffer. He always put their care first. We know no one can replace Dr Scott, but we pray that someone with the love for animals, the zeal for caring for them like he did to take his place. Our prayers go up for Dia & Ella for we know the are in great shock for the loss of their dear friend.

25. L A.
    New York City
    August 1, 2015, 8:22 pm

We are very shocked to hear about the passing of Dr Scott.
    We loved the show!!!! We need more Vet Dr like him.
    I hope there is some to take over is practice. He was a very special caring loving person. A man who loved his job. NOW HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THAT. He will be truly missed

26. Christie Labbe
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    August 1, 2015, 8:30 pm

I’m so sad too hear this news. I loved watching Dr. Scott. He truly had a heart for animals and was a great mentor. I loved that he was called the bare foot vet! Aloha Dr. Scott!

27. Sherry Hall
    Vineland, NJ
    August 1, 2015, 8:36 pm

So saddened to hear of Dr. Scott’s passing. I share his love for animals and Hawaii. Can you imagine all the animals that were at the meadow next to Rainbow Bridge waiting to welcome him to Heaven and thank him for his care? Rest in Peace Dr. Scott.

28. Sara DeFusco
    Orange Park, Florida
    August 1, 2015, 8:41 pm

So sorry to hear of the loss of Dr. Scott. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

29. Pamela
    Joplin mo
    August 1, 2015, 8:58 pm

My husband and I loved to watch Dr Scott every time it was on . He will truly be missed we will say prayers for the family .

30. Janice Aubin
    Cumberland, RI
    August 1, 2015, 9:23 pm

SO SORRY to hear of Dr Scotts passing. ALWAYS watched the show. My condolences to his family and friends. So sad to lose a man who was SO dedicated to his profession and patients–Only the good die young.

31. Malaki Harper
    Marion, North Carolina
    August 1, 2015, 9:38 pm

He will dearly missed we all love you animals and to thank you. Dr. Scott

32. Marely Cervantes
    Fullerton CA
    August 1, 2015, 9:50 pm

Our family was deeply saddened by this news. Our sincere condolences to his friends and family.

33. Michel Cromwell
    Commerce Texas
    August 1, 2015, 11:03 pm

I was saddened to hear of Dr. Sim’s passing away. I enjoyed his show very much, especially seeing his incredible love and dedication to the animals and people. He will be missed! 🙁

34. Vicki
    Pace, Florida
    August 1, 2015, 11:15 pm

I will truly miss watching his show, but mostly Dr Scott. He truly loved helping those that could not speak for them selves. He will surely be missed. My condolences to his staff and family.

35. Karen
    Nashville, TN
    August 1, 2015, 11:38 pm

Watching Doc Pol when I saw the news about Dr. Scott. How sad to learn of his passing. He will be missed by so many and not just in Hawaii. My family sends our deepest sympathies to his family, friends and staff.

36. Lydia
    McAlester, OK
    August 1, 2015, 11:49 pm

Just heard. Heartbroken. Blessings to his family & friends.

37. Gina
    Texaz
    August 2, 2015, 12:28 am

I’m so saddened to hear of Dr. Scott’s passing. My condolences to his family, friends and community. I pray God will send a loving and compassionate replacement in his behalf. He will be greatly missed and we were blessed to have met him through his program.

38. stacy
    california
    August 2, 2015, 12:45 am

We enjoyed watching Aloha Vet and Dr. Sims has inspired my daughter to be a vet. We were just in Kauai and wanted to meet Dr. Scott and actually drove past his house on Sunday and did not know of his passing until today. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

39. Teresa Clifford
    Las Vegas Nevada
    August 2, 2015, 2:05 am

My mother in law and I loved Dr Scott. His love of what he did was a joy to watch. We are so saddened to hear of his passing , and send his family, friends and staff are most heart felt condolences. I hope our beloved “Kaiser” & “Tucker” get to meet this amazing man.

Teresa & Rosemary

40. cathy & ray
    Oklahoma
    August 2, 2015, 8:52 am

we so enjoyed watching Dr.Scott… we will really miss him and all the people we got to meet who worked him. prayers for his family and all those who worked with him and cared for him

41. Jo Ann
    Talladega, Alabama
    August 2, 2015, 9:27 am

So sorry to hear about Dr Scott. He will truly be missed. My prayers for the family. I loved his shows. Would not miss his show. All ways had to be home to see the love he held for his clients. Love you Dr Scott’

42. Danette and Maia
    Chicago, IL
    August 2, 2015, 10:43 am

Thoughts and prayers to his family. A true loss to his community.

43. Marya Remines
    Co.
    August 2, 2015, 10:58 am

That’s just sad.

44. sue
    fall river ma
    August 2, 2015, 6:48 pm

Dr Scott, you were one of a kind. Your kindness and compassion for both animals and their people – I am a believer that animals are not “owned” – was unbelievable. May God’s greatest blessings of peace be with your soul and with your family and friends in their time of grief. Peace be with you always. Sue

45. Barbara
    Florida
    August 2, 2015, 8:42 pm

Very sorry to hear of Dr’s passing, loved watching his show and compassion for his animals and his staff, his family are in my prayers

46. Francisco Bonilla
    Las Vegas, NV
    August 3, 2015, 12:07 am

My condolences to his family friends and the Nat Geo family. Dr. Scott you will be missed.

47. Kevin Winn
    California
    August 3, 2015, 3:21 pm

So sorry to hear about Dr. Scott’s passing. He will be missed. Our prayers go out to the ones he loved.

48. Trudy Lott
    Fyffe Al.
    August 4, 2015, 6:18 pm

God bless Dr. Scotts family in their time of loss. He will truly be missed By so many.

49. Janis B
    Gettysburg, PA
    August 5, 2015, 10:46 am

Loved his show. Prayers for his family, friends & to all whom he served in his practice.

50. Marianna Kirsch
    Farmingdale NY
    August 5, 2015, 5:24 pm

My sister and I loved watching Aloha Vet and we are so sad to hear of Dr Scotts untimely passing. Our condolences to Dr Scotts family, friends, coworkers and patients. RIP Dr Scott <3

51. Julianne
    eden, ny
    August 5, 2015, 10:16 pm

I just learned of Dr. Sims passing today, I was completely shocked when I was watching an episode of Doc Pol my Boyfriend recorded, in which a commercial told of Doc Sims passing…I couldn’t believe what I heard, and hit rewind. I am so sorry, my condolences to all his family and friends, he was a beautiful soul and will be missed by so many.

52. Beth Lewis
    Savannah GA
    August 6, 2015, 2:21 pm

Pure shock and sadness upon learning of Dr Sims passing. My condolences go out to all who knew and loved him, but I am especially sad for all the creatures that will never know his loving, healing touch. RIP Dr Sims.

53. regina
    pensacola fl.
    August 6, 2015, 7:15 pm

shocked and sad about the passing of such a great person. just now got the news and im so disappointed to see another great caring and dedicated human being gone to soon. love and prayers to his family, staff and patients.

54. Steve Rodriguez
    Denver, Colorado
    August 6, 2015, 10:01 pm

I was very saddened to hear about the passing of Aloha Vet! I loved the show! My condolences to Family and Friends!

55. P..A. Flanery
    California
    August 7, 2015, 4:29 am

I am devistated by the sudden passing of Dr. Scott Sims. My deepest condolences to Dr. Sims family, friends and staff at Pegasus Veterinary Clinic. His love and care for animals will always be a beacon of light. May his memory be a blessing always. Rest in peace Scott.

56. klovejoy
    West Virginia
    August 7, 2015, 6:32 pm

So sad to read this. Loved his dedication to animals & humans. Deepest sympathies, and prayers for family & friends.

57. Sherrie Dunn
    Kent, Washington
    August 7, 2015, 7:24 pm

Was very saddened to hear that Dr. Sims had passed. The animals have losted a wonderful advocate to there health and well being. My prayers go out to his family, friends and his co-workers. Will never forget you true compassion for the animals and the care you blessed us with. Thank you sir, Thank you.

58. CJ
    Washington State
    August 7, 2015, 8:29 pm

I was shocked and deeply saddened by the loss of Dr. Sims. I love animals and I believe he loved his career and his patients and their families. My condolences to his family, friends and staff. I have watched his TV program whenever it was on. He showed such love. He will be greatly missed by all.

59. Jim Schuldt Jr.
    West Dundee, Illinois
    August 7, 2015, 9:10 pm

We really enjoyed the show, especially my granddaughter, Dr Scott’s passion for the well being and care of the animals could be seen in everything he did. Our condolences go out to the family and we all now know that the could Lord has a talented individual with him caring for all his creatures.

60. Ginger
    California
    August 7, 2015, 11:07 pm

Hope the program stays on, loved Dr Sims! So sad to hear he left us. Condolences to his family.

61. RON WARTBURG
    ARLINGTON, TX
    August 9, 2015, 6:58 am

On 25 July, Doctor Scott filed his final flight plan, pre-flighted his beloved hand-crafted airplane and took off from his airstrip turning west to forever follow the setting sun. Those who he left behind, his patients and their owners; his close friends and colleagues; and his army of faithful fans were devastated. Our hearts still bleed because we have lost a man who spent his life healing and caring. They are few.

As a fellow aviator, I wish him perpetual VFR flying conditions, tail winds that never stop, and smooth air in all his journeys. From ” High Flight” by John Gillespie Magee Jr. he now truly puts out his hand, and touches the face of God.

God bless Doctor Scott Sims. We loved you and will miss you.

62. Barbara
    Fort Mill SC
    August 10, 2015, 12:28 pm

So sorry to hear of Dr. Sims passing. I loved his show and was looking forward to another season. My condolences to his family & friends. RIP Dr. Sims.

63. Glenna. L. Martin
    Larkspur. Colorado
    August 10, 2015, 1:52 pm

Mahalo doc sims thank you for sharing your life and adventures with us all for a too short time. Rip and aloha thank you for being an unforgettable man and human. Aloha

64. Barbara
    Middleburg, Fl
    August 10, 2015, 11:31 pm

So sad to hear that Dr Sims passed away.. I loved his show and how dedicated he was to helping animals..
    Sending thoughts and prayers to his family..

65. Margaret Bruce
    Michigan
    August 18, 2015, 12:19 pm

I was shocked to see the passing of Dr. Scott last night while watching Dr. POL. I was so very shocked. I loved his show as he was a wonderful & caring vet. My thoughts & prayers to his family, staff, & community. He will be greatly missed.

66. Charlene Graveline
    Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
    August 19, 2015, 6:19 am

God Bless Dr. Sims soul. My deepest and heartfelt sympathy for his family, friends and clients.From watching Aloha Vet, he seemed to be a comical and deeply caring man. I will miss seeing the “barefoot” vet every week. Am looking forward to seeing the homage to Scott this weekend. Truly, a special human being. ,God bless Aloha Vet…

67. Harvey and Marlene Myk
    Edmonton Alberta
    August 23, 2015, 1:33 pm

We were saddened by the annoncement, of his passing, and will miss watching his kindness on Aloha Vet.
    We know he will look after many animals in Heaven.

Rest in peace.

68. Carol B
    Dallas, Texas
    September 21, 2015, 11:32 am

A warm and compassionate Dr. had left us. Dr. Scott really had heart and warmth for all his animal patient’s and his staff. Willing to teach them and be by their side. He will be truly missed and prayers go out to family and friends.

69. Michelle Dubuc
    Pawtucket, Rhode Island
    September 21, 2015, 10:25 pm

I am deeply saddened by the passing of Dr.Scott. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. May you rest in peace brother.

70. Jayne Blakely
    Hardy, Virginia
    December 26, 2015, 10:22 pm

I just saw a program and it said “in memory “. I couldn’t believe it. A man so full of vitality and love for animals! Such a great loss! Condolences to his family. Such an amazing and caring doctor! Thanks for sharing him with us!

71. Erica Berglund
    San Antonio, Texas
    December 29, 2015, 3:34 am

I to saw his show for the first time and was so thrilled, and when I saw dedicated to it broke my heart. Dr. Simms saved animals and people alike. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends he had many qualities that this world will miss. God Speed.

72. Susan Senecal
    Montreal Quebec
    January 8, 7:32 pm

We lost a great guy he will be missed, he loved animal an took good care of them.RIP Dr.Scott.

73. Tony
    Chandler, Az
    April 27, 8:19 pm

We loved his show. He was so compassionate to all the animals that he worked on. He will be missed. Our prayers go out to all his family and friends.