Safari Live is Back for Mother’s Day Weekend!

A  Lion and Lioness together.  Safari Live gives viewers a front row seat on daily safari rides as we explorer the natural habitat of animals in South Africa's Sabi Sands Park.

(photo credit:  iStock)
A Lion and Lioness together. Safari Live gives viewers a front row seat on daily safari rides as we explorer the natural habitat of animals in South Africa’s Sabi Sands Park.

(photo credit: iStock)

Need a Mother’s Day gift? Nat Geo WILD has you covered. We are bringing back our popular Safari Live event. A special Mother’s Day weekend treat the whole family can share and enjoy, Safari Live premieres Saturday, May 9, and Sunday, May 10, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET on Nat Geo WILD and online at WILDSafariLive.com. Grab your mom and the family for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to go on a live safari to see lions roar, hyenas fight for food, and giraffes run wild — and, if you’re lucky, maybe even some mother-child bonding, wild style — in real time.

No passport required for this one! Spend some time with Mom and witness stunning wildlife, with two expert guides leading the way. All you need is an appetite for adventure and a love for our wild friends in the African bush. Tracker Stefan Winterboer will be taking us on a bush walk, where he will be tracking big game, as our safari guides Pieter Pretorius and Hayden Turner take us deep into South Africa’s Sabi Sands Park to bring us face to face with Africa’s wildlife, including lions, leopards, elephants, buffalo and even some mom-and-baby pairings in the animal kingdom.

During the safari between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. ET, guides Pieter and Hayden will also answer questions from viewers live via Twitter with #SafariLive and email through our website WILDSafariLive.com. The guides will also host a “campfire chat” at the end of each broadcast to answer viewer questions and talk about highlights from the day’s safari.

Comments

1. Suzan Kandlbinder
    Bedford, IN
    May 9, 2015, 9:39 am

Thank you, thank you Nat,. Geo. channel for Safari Live !!!!! The very best TV on a daily basis but you make my greatest wish come true by bringing live safari to me. Please bring more safari’s in the future,
    God Bless, Suzan K.

2. Ernie Martinez
    Los Angeles
    May 10, 2015, 8:13 am

I would like to say Happy Mother’s Day mom! Your son Ernie

3. Ernie Martinez
    Los Angeles
    May 10, 2015, 8:14 am

I would like to say happy Mother’s Day to Jackie!

4. Ernie Martinez
    Los Angeles
    May 10, 2015, 8:18 am

Where did the term “king of the jungle ” come from?

5. Geri Oberer
    May 10, 2015, 11:27 am

Safari Live was wonderful!! Very educational and the guides were great. Hope to see more live safari tours.

Thank you to all for all the hard work that went into broadcasting the tours. God bless everyone.

6. Kay Burns
    Akron Ohio
    May 10, 2015, 12:34 pm

Love, love, love WILD SAFARI LIVE, the guides are great, but I never saw a promotion for the program. I was surfing the channels and found this Saturday after it was on one hour! DO BETTER PROMOTIONS!

7. Cheryl Patrick
    Elizabeth, CO
    May 13, 2015, 2:07 pm

More promotion of the shows would have really helped. I also was surfing and found it on Saturday one half hour in to the first show. I was so looking forward to spending several days with Safari Live and was very disappointed it was only 2 shows. I am hoping it will be airing again soon. I do have all of them recorded as well and I frequently go back and rematch them and I get more from them each time I view them again. What a treat this show is for those of us who love the wildlife but cannot actually go to Africa and join a wildlife excursion. This show has fulfilled a lot of those dreams and wishes. Thank you Pieter and Hayden.