TONIGHT: Wicked Tuna Is Back and Bigger Than Ever!

Last year, one Gloucester captain dominated and outmaneuvered the entire fleet despite a difficult fishing season. But this season, the fish are larger, the competition is tougher and the top spot on the leaderboard is up for grabs once again. Wicked Tuna returns with an all-new season of peril and paydays on the high seas beginning Sunday, Feb. 15, at 9/8c.

Wicked Tuna gives viewers an in-depth look at the intense battles, fierce competition, crushing losses and major paydays of the country’s toughest fishermen.

For Gloucester’s finest, fishing isn’t just a way of life — it’s an addiction. Their philosophy is simple: Go fish or go home. Last season on Wicked Tuna, Captain Dave Carraro (@TunaDotCom) of the FV-Tuna.com easily bested the rest of the fleet for the second time, while his rival, Captain Tyler McLaughlin (@PinWheelFV) of the Pin Wheel, suffered the worst season of his career. One captain is driven to repeat his success, the other is trying to save his reputation — but both must watch out for their competition. It’s a new season, and now a new captain has the chance to rise to the top.

“Some people say I’m the most competitive guy out there,” said Carraro. “Yes, absolutely. Last year we smoked the entire fleet, and my goal this year is to do it again.”

WickedTunaQuotes_Dave_855x641“I’m fishing against not just some of the best fishermen on the East Coast, but some of the best tuna fishermen in the world, but at the end of the season, I want to be the No. 1 captain in town,” said McLaughlin.

In addition to returning favorites Carraro and McLaughlin, season four welcomes back Dave Marciano (@CaptMarciano) of the Hard Merchandise, who fared well in Gloucester last season but is disadvantaged by the age and speed of his vessel.

“Every season, I think the more competitive boats write us off as a non-threat,” said Marciano. “My boat’s not the biggest, the fanciest or the fastest in the fleet — that doesn’t really bother me much. My goal in life is to support my family.”

Captain TJ Ott (@tjHOTTUNA) of the Hot Tuna is looking to redeem himself after a slow season last year and has enlisted the help of his younger brother, Mike, to get things back on track. Fishing is a family affair on the Hot Tuna, and Ott hopes that he’s finally found the right formula to bring in the big catches.

Additionally, Captain Paul Hebert (@PissahTunaPaul) is back at the helm of a new boat, the Kelly Ann, and is ready to make his mark this season. With a young daughter at home and his reputation on the line, the stakes are higher than ever for Hebert to succeed.

Rounding out the fleet are fan favorites Captain Bill and Donna Monte (@CaptBillMonte) of the Bounty Hunter, and newcomer boat Drama, captained by Paul Cheney. The fourth season also showcases the high-intensity action of harpoon season with veteran boat Lily, captained by Bill “Hollywood” Muniz (@CaptFVLily), facing off against Captain Greg Chorebanian of the Kristiana.

From battles that rage on for hours to multiday trips that span from Stellwagen all the way to Georges Bank, season four will be a fight to the finish. Fish will be caught, catches will be weighed, earnings will be counted and, in the end, only one captain will go home a champion.

In addition to its insider look at one of America’s oldest industries, Wicked Tuna also sheds light on important issues surrounding the fate of the bluefin tuna. As the scientific community debates how best to preserve the species, American fishermen — including the Wicked Tuna captains — continue to adhere to U.S. regulations that determine size limits and quotas for the season. National Geographic Channel’s consumer website, www.natgeotv.com/wickedtuna, features articles, links and message boards devoted to the tuna and oceans.

On the season premiere of Wicked Tuna: First Blood, it’s opening day of the new bluefin season, and every captain in Gloucester is angling to bring in the first catch and send a powerful message to the rest of the fleet. Captain Dave Carraro of the FV-Tuna.com wants to start strong in hopes of winning first place again, but he’s got some stiff competition this year — including his former mate, Captain Paul Hebert, and his bitter rival, Captain Tyler McLaughlin, who have both enlisted new mates to help them put meat on deck.

Dont miss the season premiere of Wicked Tuna: First Blood this Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015, at 9/8c

Comments

1. dave
    NY
    February 14, 2015, 5:13 pm

That “crew” on Pinwheel? are you kidding me? they don’t show and complain they work too hard and all the time.
    Tyler should not only fire them but disown them. The whole boat including the “captain” are yahoo’s…nice spearing by that moron on board…7 times he missed?

2. Bonnie
    Moline, Illinois
    February 14, 2015, 9:07 pm

Love the show!! Can’t wait for the new show!

3. Isabel Pinto
    February 15, 2015, 9:41 am

How can you make an attraction the killing of endangered species like tuna????? They are in enough trouble with all the over fishing that happens around the world!!!
    I though this was a responsible network where entertainment was to enhance peoples knowledge and awareness about the environment. Clearly I’m wrong – all for getting more people to see it

4. richard ross
    las vegas nevada
    February 22, 2015, 11:41 am

I really want to see Marciano and crew get this season off to a good start

5. Tim R
    Santa Cruz
    February 23, 2015, 3:29 pm

Isabel Pinto,
    The traditional fishermen taking one fish at a time are not the problem. They want to see Tuna stay sustainable. Large industrial tuna fishing vessels are the culprit.

On a side note I hope the Pinwheel sinks. Go Marciano!

6. neal Aleshire
    Oregon city Or
    March 1, 2015, 1:09 pm

I have watched the show since the beginning, I enjoy the thrill of the catch and the rivalry , every one who fish’s wants the biggest fish and to be the best, what I like best is to imagine doing a job that I loved as these guys are able to do it ! Fishing for salmon from a river bank as my brother and I do here in Oregon nothing more thrilling when you hook up and have no idea how long it may take to get the fish in , if you do great sense of accomplishment and food on the table when you do ! Fish on fellas! Nice to hear you guy’s respect each other while your all out for the same reason “family, finance ” love of fishing

7. Johnathan Maddox
    March 1, 2015, 10:20 pm

I don’t like tuna.com saying GD on national tv they should not be able to say that that word needs to be bleeped out

8. Johnathan Maddox
    March 1, 2015, 10:21 pm

They should bleep out all cuss words I think bc kids watch the show too

9. Cindy Lesniewski
    Dorothy, NJ
    March 2, 2015, 11:38 am

Hooked on the show, catch every episode faithfully, and T J and Reba rock my world. Great guy, met him at Atlantic City Boat Show. Very personable, much like his character on the show.

10. Claudio hernandez
    Anderson Mo
    March 3, 2015, 10:43 pm

I am absolutely “HOOKED” on this show! Started watching on Netflix watched two seasons.unfortunately the third season aint out on Netflix yet so I gotta wait for then.but will catch up and cant wait!
    #TUNADOTCOM

11. vernon
    st lucia
    March 7, 2015, 1:22 pm

i like the show i am a young fisherman and to dave the young fishermen are taking over

12. vicky
    san antonio
    March 8, 2015, 10:04 am

Dave carrano complains too much. Over an anchor ball. I don’t know which has more air, the ball or his head. I love the show but can’t stand babies. I agree he does cuss a lot.

13. Sami
    California
    March 8, 2015, 9:03 pm

I LOVE the concept of this show! But is anyone besides me getting very tired of Dave’s whining like a little girl? And Dave and Paul squabbling like a couple of kids on the play ground? Come on gentlemen “man up!”, stop whining and FISH!

14. John Peck
    San Diego ,Ca
    March 15, 2015, 8:24 pm

The plane and spear fishing aught to be illegal that’s not a sport or challenging ,it is disgusting to see people that ruin a real great sport. This should not be aired on TV , the ones that need to get respect are the real fisherman that do blood swet and tears to make a living with hook line and sinker .

15. Lisa
    Whitefish, MT
    March 29, 2015, 6:30 pm

Ah Hum…OK, I am addicted to watching this show, but if YOU have “issues watching this show based on the fact that YOUR religion somehow “prevents” you from being able to handle the “slipping” of intense, so-called profanity…then, here’s my suggestion. STOP WATCHING! Maybe you should enjoy the Primos guys (who I LOVE to watch) hunt & slay the mountain wildlife, including up here where I live. For most real, outdoorsy people…THIS IS OUR WAY OF LIFE! If it helps feed and potentially other people, please leave that alone! You’ve got to understand that it is EXTREMELY important to those doing these sports for the fact of supporting your life and family and, guess what? A few bad words or MORE are likely. As an avid fisherman and hunter, I LOVE THIS SHOW! Suck it up and deal with it or don’t watch…pretty simple.

16. jonze
    Hainesport, NJ
    March 29, 2015, 8:09 pm

Why is wicked tuna not on. Jesus is great and all but i like watching wicked tuna more….Fishing season isnt here yet and this show is the only thing keeping me sane.

• Meg Gleason
      March 30, 2015, 12:03 pm

Don’t you worry, Wicked Tuna will be back this Sunday!

17. Capt Mitch Chagnon
    April 19, 2015, 9:06 am

I have been fishing for Blue-fin for over 50 years and have seen their numbers plummet. I have to say though it wasn’t the rod and reel fleet that die the damage. I can go all the way to the mid-fifties when we caught giant blue-fin a few miles from the dock. We would go off-shore to catch school tuna and see Russian fleets all over the place. Large, giant factory trawlers wiping out the most important part of the eco-system the forage. then a few years later we witnesssed large American fleets of trawlers and seiners taking entire schools of tuna, discarding many that weren’t the right size or that might have been marked up in the sein while they were being brought to the boat. I can remember the comment of my captain backthen he was the famous dick Lema who proobly caught more Blue-fin than any man I know. He stated quite solomnly that it was over and we were in trouble. He was right within a couple of years catches plummeted to near zero. The amazing thing is that the NMFS was subsidizing these fletets. (they were from the West Coast) to develop the seine fishery here on the east Coast I happened and the stock continues to plummet. Now we have a tiny quota, which we agree to stay whithin, set by a multi-national comittee. the thing is we are the only nation that has stayed whitin our quota since the inception of the commission.
    I am getting out of the Charteboat and tuna fishery this year, but watch every show I can. It brings back tremendous memories of why we do what we do and the days on the ocean fishing for these magnificiant fish. Hope they can stand the pressure in the upcoming years.
    The drama of the show I have to admit takes away from the enjoyment a wee bit, but there is a lot of drama in this fishery, so i guess they want to get a point across and keep us interested. Would like to see a little more on the history and problems of the fishery once in a while , maybe a short out take once in awhile.

18. J. M.
    Cabot Ar
    April 24, 2015, 8:18 pm

All the fisherman want to fuss and cuss Dave but they want to know where he is all the time. They know he is a better fisherman and have to stay close to him to catch fish. As for Tyler, hopefully someone will put a fist in his mouth.

19. Albert Gesualdi
    Johnston, R.I.
    May 3, 2015, 6:43 pm

Want to know which College Dave’s son Joe is attending and is he playing football?

20. Bette
    23168
    May 10, 2015, 8:29 pm

I thought Dave on .Com was just a whiney brat crying on the playground. Now I know he’s a unethical jerk. Lying to TJ after TJ helped him. He is the scum of the fleet. Looking forward to the other captains

21. Angeles
    long island NY
    May 17, 2015, 8:58 pm

i wish Dave Carraro do not cage no more tuna. He is a selfish and stupid person.

22. Charles Eaton
    Hatfield Pa
    June 17, 2015, 7:55 pm

The USA is probably 1 of 2-3 other member nations that adhere to the quotas/size limits set by ICCAT(Comm. for the Conservation of Atlantic Tuna). Yes the stock isn’t anywhere what it was BUT it is making a rebuild. Some of these BFT’s travel to the Med. Sea and back yearly. Unfortunately, some Med members take undersized BFT’s. Catching these fish by hook is no joke-I don’t know what the hooked/boated ratio is but I’ll bet, overall, it’s not that great. These guys are using 130# test line for fish 250#-1000#+ and comparatively small hooks with heavy drag settings…We lose our share of 100# Yellowfin tuna here off the Jersey Shore on 80# test & same size hooks.
    Remember this show is also about ratings so I wouldn’t get too upset about Dave on the .com–or anyone else…Can’t wait for the next season–this show gets me through ’til our tuna season starts…

23. Dan
    New jersey
    January 10, 11:20 pm

I really like the show tails up to all of you.