It’s Not Over Until the Fat Tuna Sings

It’s zero hour in the North Carolina Outer Banks Bluefin Tuna season with the quota about to close. Southern boat Wahoo leads the fleet but local rival Fishin’ Frenzy and Northern invader Pin Wheel are serious threats for the top spot and bragging rights. Gloucester veteran Hard Merchandise needs one more tuna to make the trip to North Carolina profitable, while Doghouse and Hot Tuna fight for one final paycheck to salvage their seasons.

When third place captain Greg Mayer of Fishin’ Frenzy receives the official call that the quota will close the next day at midnight, the dreaded news spreads quickly across the fleet. It’s now a race against the clock to catch as much Bluefin Tuna as possible in the next 36 hours and reach the buyers in time to make the final sale.

After brothers Reed and Banks Meredith catch another fish for Wahoo and extend their lead, Greg and Nick are even more determined to win back the top spot from their nemesis and put a muzzle on Yankee intruder Pinwheel. After catching one tuna on the final day, they realize it’s not big enough to push them to the top so they must fight to the bitter end to catch a tuna that will make a difference.

Captain Tyler McLaughlin of the Pin Wheel holds second place behind the Wahoo and ahead of the Fishin’ Frenzy but he’s determined to take the number one spot to redeem himself and prove to the Northern captains that he’s an elite fisherman. With only hours left to go on the final day before the quota closes, Tyler and Paul hook up at sunset but their fish does not want to give up. Even if they land the tuna, will they be able to get back to the buyer before midnight?

Captain Dave Marciano on northern boat Hard Merchandise has one priority: to catch more quality tuna in order to make his trip down to the Outer Banks profitable and provide one last paycheck for his family.

Captain Britton Shackelford on southern boat Doghouse needs to dig himself out of his debt-riddled season. He must put one more tuna on the deck in order to provide for his wife and three kids.

Facing two bleak seasons in a row, the pressure is on for captain TJ Ott on Hot Tuna to catch a Bluefin that could turn his entire season around. TJ has to pull it off in order to pay Jarrett and assure his dad Tim Sr. that he can keep the Hot Tuna profitable. The clock is running out on the Outer Banks Bluefin tuna season as all of the captains battle for one last good fish that will define their season. And anything can happen.

Don’t miss the season finale of Wicked Tuna North vs. South: The Fat Tuna Sings Sunday at 10P. And be sure to follow @WickedTuna on Twitter, the captains will be live-tweeting with fans throughout the episode!

Comments

1. steve
    October 19, 2014, 11:04 pm

I feel that the buyers in N Carolina are biased toward the local boats and they decided the winner of the season by giving the Fishing Frensy $26/lb for the last fish so their buddies would finish on top, i’m calling Bravo Sierra.

2. Al
    California
    October 20, 2014, 2:09 am

What is the green wrap they put on the fish after they catch them?

3. Patrick A Porter
    Green a River WY
    October 20, 2014, 8:13 am

I loved the show. The completion was great , I didn’t know that it was so important to be no . 1.I thought some of the fishermen were such baby’s , but what can I say but booho for the loser’.
    Thank ‘ s for the show . Pat .
    I loved the show . Gold rush is still the best of all of them kind of shows.

4. yvonne dapko
    FACEBOOK
    October 20, 2014, 8:28 am

dID PIN HEAD WIN I FELL ASLEEP? THANK YOU

5. JOHN
    wayne,pa
    October 20, 2014, 11:44 am

The last fish and the buyers pay $26 a pound when for at least the last 5 to 7 episodes i seen no fish bought for more then $22. I Smell something fishy!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. jbel
    NY
    October 20, 2014, 2:29 pm

I agree, I also noticed the Northern boats most times got less per lb than the southern boats- altho my kid said i was paranoid. who caught the biggest fish? was it Paul and Tyler?

7. KenV
    ATL
    October 20, 2014, 2:38 pm

What a farce!! $26/lb. just out of nowhere for the last tuna caught by the South?!?! Really?!?! When no other tuna from either side had come close to that price – even those that had been talked-up as having markedly better fat content, color and cores?!?!?

I’m with the earlier poster – steve… B! S!

8. Karen B
    Portland Oregon
    October 21, 2014, 3:57 pm

I have to agree with Steve and Ken, that was a total set up at the end for the win and I wouldn’t be surprised if the fish buyer got a cut of the $5,000 bet !
    I really enjoyed the series but the last episode was really disappointing and left a bad taste in my mouth.

9. paul weston
    United Kingdom
    October 21, 2014, 7:00 pm

yeah same here i thought BS straight off, then came here to find that many people feel the same about it. I’d like to know who brought their fish in first. The show makes it look like pinwheel did, but i think if that was the case then the buyer would know that 22 doolars a pound would be enough for the frenzy to win but if pin wheel brought their fish in last, then he would have to give them a realy big dollar per pound to make sure they beat Tyler and paul. or he paid 26 to try and avoid the suspicion of just piping PW by a few dollars, either way, It was very fishy very fishy indeed.

10. Chris D
    Virginia
    October 28, 2014, 9:36 pm

$26 a pound for the last fish to decide the winner! That was complete crap. I’ve watched my last episode of Wicked Tuna.

11. Vickie Bielling
    April 5, 2015, 11:34 am

What is the green wrap they put on the tuna’s when they catch one and why do they do it?