Dr. Pol is Back For a New Summer Season!

Veterinarian Jan Pol has won over audiences with his no-nonsense approach to veterinary medicine — treating furry friends with unmatched compassion, humor and expertise. With thousands of clients ranging from large-scale farm animals to teacup-size household pets, he expertly balances the physical strains of birthing a cow with the surgical precision of suturing a shih tzu’s eye socket.

The summer season brings a new roster of sick, injured, oozing, kicking and biting cases. We’ll join the good doctor as he travels across the Michigan countryside, making house calls to a variety of farm animals. Whether it’s treating a cow for a deadly gastric infection, performing a complex feline amputation, or providing a hoarse horse with some much-needed dental work, Dr. Pol and his team will do everything possible to aid sick animals, no matter how bad they smell or how hard they resist.

Tonight at 9p on The Incredible Dr. Pol: Piggin’ Outit’s a day of firsts at the clinic — Dr. Pol performs his first-ever guinea pig castration and Dr. Brenda saves the life of a 1-day-old calf with a dislocated hip. Then, it’s off to the rescue of 11 tiny piglets that are starving to death. An infection is preventing their mother from nursing properly. The vets can treat the infection, but to save the newborns they’ll need to locate a “wet nurse” to sub in for the mother. Unfortunately, not every story has such a happy ending. When a desperate dog owner seeks Dr. Pol’s expertise for his ailing best friend, x-rays confirm the pet has a terminal tumor.

Don’t miss the brand-new season kick off tonight at 9P only on Nat Geo WILD!

Comments

1. Karen range
    Charleston, SC
    August 23, 2014, 5:47 pm

From Amish country in Ohio, love Dr. Pol’s show and his family they are just great and so caring!!!

2. Susanne middleton
    gaitheresburg md 20878
    August 23, 2014, 8:06 pm

I watched this show a few times and found this Dr Pol a Brute
    A horse was sick he left the horse who died during the night Bled to death. The way he throws the animals around with out concern for them i cannot bear to watch His show should not be on NGW
    He is a monster and what is worse he thinks it is funny when he tosses them to the ground He should go back to Norway or Sweden
    Ugh
    Susanne Middleton

3. Kaytlyn Triana
    Dearing, Ga
    August 25, 2014, 2:19 pm

I love this show. I cant believe they didn’t come out with sooner. I am going to school to become a Veterinarian, and this has given me more inspiration. I wish I had the chance to go and work for him as a clinical trial. Some may think he is being cruel to these animals but understand they are 2 k pound animals you have to remember if you are to easy on them they can turn and hurt you very easily. Unlike most Vets, he tries to save as many lives as possible and give them every option there is.

4. Sherry
    St. Louis
    August 30, 2014, 1:01 pm

Just watched an episode where he did a c section on a dog. No mask, no gown, no cap, just gloves. He didn’t even have the dog on inhalant anesthesia. How can this man have a show where he doesn’t even practice the standard of care??

5. Val
    September 1, 2014, 11:44 am

WE LOVE DR. POL!!!!!!!!

6. Dan
    September 6, 2014, 11:19 am

Dr. Pol is awesome. . All you people that don’t like what he does then stop watching the show. . And let the rest of us enjoy a good honest vet at work.

7. John
    Illinois
    September 11, 2014, 5:00 pm

This man is a clown! I wouldn’t use his sterile technique on a tree let alone these poor animals! I repeat: Why is he on TV?

8. dan
    September 12, 2014, 2:48 pm

Is anyone else completely fed up with having to watch the great dr. Pol pulling his arm out of a cows rectum covered in feces? Every time I turn to NGW I see this promo. And then he flaunts his feces covered arm all over the place grinning like it’s some kind of celebration and quite frankly I’m sick and tired of seeing this! “I’ve had worse” he says! Well good for you dr pol…I’m disgusted by it and I change the channel every time I see this. Anyone else sick and tired of this disgusting ad?

9. Svengali
    USA
    September 22, 2014, 11:39 am

I too am surprised by how many times I have seen the operation on many animals without any sterilization of any tools, gloves, mask or any oxygen tube for the animal under anesthesia. How come no one monitors the breathing of the patient. I know the practice is busy but each is someones loved pet. Recently saw an Alpaca get pus taken out of the joint. and I never saw the local given around the area he was going to be squeezing. I think if enough of a local anesthesia was given the Alpaca wouldn’t of kicked him so many times. Please Nat Geo start paying attention to these things if you care about animals so much make sure the shows, show that same amount of care. Yes he does a great job with all the farm animals but the regular ones coming in see something different.

10. Millie Williams
    Media, Pa.
    October 11, 2014, 6:09 pm

@Susannemiddleton…Why should he go back to Norway or Sweden? That would be odd since that’s not where he’s from. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. He has thousands of clients. I wonder why, since he is so horrible at what he does….return clients too.He does care about his work. People in this world areso used t

11. Millie Williams
    October 11, 2014, 6:24 pm

To being coddled and seeing a fake front. This is what happens when you walk out the door and leave your pet. Actually your lucky if this is the treatment and care your pet recieved. Do you realize how many animals this 80 year old man sees in a day? He doesn’t have time for polite conversation and blowing smokeup your wWahoo! He want’s to get the job done and keep iit moving. A lady needed to have her horse put down. He took the time to walk out into the woods with the horse and owner because it was a place they loved and that’s where he put him down. The animals don’t suffer and if he didn’t care, he wouldn’t get so upset when an owner has let a pet suffer instead of bringing them in. I can’t change your mind but he is a good man and

12. Bobbi Young
    Kentucky
    November 16, 2014, 3:00 pm

NAT GEO ! wake up! Many of these type shows are excellent, but here is the opportunity to educate. As veterinarians and vet techs, one of our biggest responsibilities is to educate owners for the wellbeing of their animals. To show uneducated owners what to expect and proper procedures when the pet arrives at the clinic (or other) in any given situation and use proper protocol in treatment should be a goal. It is scarey enough when your beloved pet is injured or sick, but to remotely consider that they (vet and/or staff) would be that inconsiderate of a living thing is horrible! The owner should be walked through what needs to be done and how it would be done and questions answered. Then armed with correct information make the decision on the limits or extras to save that pet. Education, education, education. The owner of that Australian Shepard was not given that right. In blind faith of a charismatic clown for a vet that dog was turned over to no better than a NAZI war experiment. Lets see how much we can “abuse” this animals body without proper anesthesia, etc. and it still survive.

13. Tanhky
    Ohio
    January 25, 2015, 12:23 am

My husband recently found Dr. Pol on Netflix. Unfortunately we ran out of episodes and our family would like to see more. I believe his 40+ years of experience and a very successful practice speak for him. I see the way he cares about his patients whether it’s the animal’s pain or the owner’s grief as well as their livelihood. I am sure that anyone whose life is as televised as his would draw scorn. We enjoy the show!