Diggers: Gold Rush Mystery Item Revealed

On Diggers: Gold Rush KG and Ringy charged into the American west for one of the most dangerous digs of their careers. This time around the guys scoured the American west for century-old nectar that once belonged to the great American hard-rock miner during the prospecting frenzy of the 1800s. Ahead of the Diggers crew lay three mines that once generously flowed with epic amounts of silver and gold waiting to be rediscovered — and discover they did.

GoldRush_014_DiggersIIThe mystery item this week was an essential part of life for an American miner, the pickaxe. Travelling along the edge of the Matchless Mine, Tim Saylor finds the epitomic symbol of the mining days gone by. Rusted and worn over years buried under debris, rock, and dirt, an artifact left behind like the mines that were picked dry of minerals years ago.

Make sure to join the conversation on Facebook and watch out for next week’s Diggers: George Washington’s Lost Camp mystery item!

Comments

1. Dan
    Oklahoma
    May 12, 2014, 8:08 pm

I’m nearly sure that there must be other viewers out there that share my feelings and opinion about the Diggers Show. For me these two guys are the most irritating morons on the planet. All the screaming and hollering sends me immediately searching for an escape to another channel. I hope this show gets cancelled soon.

2. Lee Shelton
    May 16, 2014, 8:48 pm

Yes those guys overreact big time! I have tried metal detecting several times,and I never found anything and it wosn,t a cheap detector ethier!

3. Marc
    Netherlands
    May 17, 2014, 3:01 am

Dan from Oklahoma, you don’t have to watch Diggers. Let other people watch this show. I hope this show stayes for another 20 years…It’s pure, it’s real, it’s great.

4. Lee
    August 15, 2014, 4:23 pm

My 9 year old daughter loves this show. It has sparked her interest in metal detecting and in history. For that, Ringy and KG have my eternal gratitude 🙂 Imagine LIKING history. In regards to their “acting”, it seems real to me. They truly love what they do. I hope this show is still on…

5. Shell
    Australia
    November 12, 2014, 11:06 pm

This show is fantastic and is the reason I bought a metal detector several months ago. I have found some great stuff. Lee from the United States, if you haven’t found anything you are doing it wrong. I love KG and Ringy, they are positive and funny. We need more people like this on TV instead of the negative, hateful and winging people we see on most reality TV shows these days. If you don’t like them don’t watch the show. Find a how you like and write some positive comments about it, isn’t that a much better use of your time? I hope they keep this show going for as long as possible and I also hope Ringy and KG remain the same excited, funny couple that they are. You both Rock!!!!!

6. Camo
    January 16, 2015, 8:56 pm

My husband and I enjoy the show. While the guys are over the top, they truly get excited about their finds! I love it! This show sparked my husbands interest in metal detecting. In fact, he recently found a button from a Union Calvary soldier’s button in our front yard! We’ve been so excited by it! Yes, sometimes you don’t find anything-or nothing of significance. But as the old adage says, “if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again.”!

7. Robin Clark
    LaGrange,Ga
    March 18, 2015, 2:06 am

My Dad,retired Master Seargent John Horace Beauford Army WWII was interviewed by Tim and George this past Sunday at the site of Camp Taccoa at Currahee Mtn.in Taccoa,Ga. where he and 100’s other soldiers took their paratrooper training in 1943 ,for a segment of the Diggers that will be aired this summer.My Dad was a little nervous even though in the past few years he has done public speaking engagements which includes one that he did at the Military Reunion last Oct.in Taccoa.All the actors,directors,and film crew were so nice and professional,they made Dad feel comfortable while being filmed.Yes,there were some humorous moments especially with some of the anecdotes my Dad shared;but it wasn’t”silly or disrespectful” that some of the comments indicated.I’ve found that my interest in history over the yrs. was brought to life by the way the stories are told,not just dry comments that are in some of the history books.And by the way,they found some WWII military items that they are Donating(not selling to make a profit) to the Historical Society Museum in Taccoa.Keep up the good work guys!

8. Lynda Sanchez
    New Mexico
    May 7, 2015, 11:13 am

Please cancel this silly show. They came to our town and made fools of themselves, insulted the locals and had the State Historic Site Manager refusing to allow them to film on state lands. hmmmmmm!

9. david durham
    alabama
    June 4, 2015, 9:33 am

My boys and I love this show…we went out and got metal detecters as well…please bring back the show

10. David
    Washington
    October 20, 2015, 1:46 am

Why all the hollering and jumping around like fools? I don’t think that ratings rely on such stupidity! Metal Detecting is an interesting and fun hobby and could be presented in a more serious way that would make the show more tolerable. Having archeologists play a more involved role with the “Diggers” and going deeper into history would tell a great story in itself, rather than emphasizing all the rediculous screaming which seems to almost trivialize our relevant past.

11. Jeff
    Edmonton
    November 30, 2015, 2:49 pm

These guys are just two nerds and (possible virgins) haha that are super passionate about digging history! And I’m quite certain they aren’t stacking the deck with artifacts so as to keep their intergraty. Unlike American diggers which is complete bs.

12. Ste
    UK
    October 1, 7:28 pm

I suppose until someone comes up with something else on the lines of this show its a case of like it or lump it. That Rick savage crap really was crap. These two actually make me laugh. I like there enthusiasm but i would agree there reactions are OTT. The only time I’ve ever reacted as close to that was finding my first hammered coin an elizabethan sixpence.