Last week on The Incredible Dr. Pol, the doc was on-duty at the local county fair, treating emergency animal illnesses on-site. One of his patients at the fair was Clyde, a calf that woke up the day before his competition with a swollen leg.

Local farmer Don and his son Jason worked all summer to show their calf at the fair’s 4-H competition, only to have their chances of winning threatened by the last-minute emergency. With the unexpected swelling threatening to take Clyde out of the competition altogether, Don called Dr. Pol as soon as he could to visit Clyde.

As a result of Dr. Pol’s swift intervention, Clyde recovered in time, and Jason was able to compete in the show he’d been working towards all year. Yet again, Dr. Pol saved the day.

Watch the whole client video below:

Comments

1. caroline thompson
    james creek pa 16657
    March 29, 6:42 pm

how can I watch Dr Pol the verteranian – really enjoyed the show but I do not know where to look for him on National Geographic – need day and tie – Thanks

2. Charles Willis
    Montgomery,Al.
    April 6, 2:57 pm

It is great show i hope they don’t take it off.

3. Jeannie Blackwood
    Greensboro, NC
    April 8, 3:55 pm

Dr. Pol is wonderful! Not only is he a great veterinarian but he has a wonderful outlook on life in general. Love the show. I watch it every time it is on. He has a great compassion for people and animals. Please keep the show going!

4. Deb Y
    Fredericktown, Pa.
    April 8, 5:14 pm

Dr. Pol is on Nat Geo Wild, on Saturday nites, 8 p.m.! I love this show, I think Dr. Pol is wonderful, I wish I lived closer to him or that we had a “Dr. Pol” here, someone that is not only great with the animals, cares about them and won’t give up until he finds out what is wrong, but also has a great personality with people. I have YET to find a vet like that around here! My German Shepherd has had ear infections from the day I got her 8 years ago when she was 11 weeks old. Every other month I’m at the vet office picking more meds up, meds that are NOT cheap! All my vet does is rattle off 90 mile an hour, hand over medicine, charge me and arm AND a leg…..and God forbid I didn’t catch what she rumbled to me the first time around….because NOW I’m about to “irritate” her! I feel so bad for my dog….but, THIS vet is, believe it or not, the best one I’ve found!! If it wasn’t for making my vets car payments, maybe I’d have enough cash on me to make a trip to see Dr. Pol, I really believe that HE would have my dog fixed up in a heartbeat!! And I think all the good vets must work there, I like Brenda and Sandra too! I sure hope they don’t take this show off, hubby and I really enjoy watching this.

5. bill stokes
    capistrano beach ca.
    April 10, 2:59 am

love the show hope it stays on.

6. Dorey English
    Spokane, WA
    April 13, 1:09 am

To Deb Y from Fredericktown, Pa. If you are still having challenges with your dog ear you may need to try food allergies. We had a dog once that had allergies to corn and that is what he did every time he go a hold of corn. Check your dogs food and see what you are feeding him/her. You are correct Dr. Pol is one of a kind.

7. hailee brinkley
    north bend
    April 29, 10:35 am

i love this show so much

8. Vicki
    Pryor, Oklahoma
    June 2, 5:37 am

Please dont take Dr. Pol off the air, this is one of the best shows on right now.

9. Nancy
    Michigan
    June 17, 12:32 pm

I love the show but it isn’t on anymore, please bring it back . I can’t get enough of this energetic Vet.

10. Chris B
    Michigan
    June 25, 9:52 pm

I LOVE Dr. Pol. I live close enough to go see him but I don’t have any animals???? I watch every show that is on – even the re-runs, I’m anxious for the new season to start, he hasn’t been on for over a month now.

11. nancy jacobs
    tiltonsville,ohio
    July 3, 7:07 pm

i couldnt find the show for a while but i found it on 151 and im on comcast in ohio but comes out of pittsburg pa. i was affraid they had taken him off too, its a great program and the docter and his family and co workers are just great. hope they keep him on and i wish i had the energy he has.

12. April Hernandez
    North Carolina
    July 3, 7:17 pm

Me and my family love this show! My 4 year old daughter loves it more than anyone else in the house! She knows what day and time it comes on and will start yelling Dr. Pol when it is getting close to time!! Please keep this show on for the sake of a little 4 year old girl that absolutely loves this wonderful vet!!!!

13. Rhonda
    USA
    July 3, 7:25 pm

Caroline…. I never thought I would like this kind of show… I never knew what they did on farms being the city girl that I am. Anyway… Dr. Pol is going into his next season so there are no reruns on…. When it is on… It is Saturday nights at 7pm or 8pm… that is CST… Hope this helps. :D

14. Yvonne M Gilbert
    Adrian
    July 3, 7:57 pm

I agree with all above. My little Yorkie had ear infection and his was cause from having so much hair in his ears. They would hold moisture. Might check that out.

15. HEATHER RODGER
    Lancaster, NH
    July 3, 8:12 pm

I would love to have a calf that would let me lay on them theu are so soft amd warm. But my Mastiff mix will have to do.

16. Karen
    Michigan
    July 3, 9:53 pm

Maybe you could run re-runs in the regular time slot when it is “off-season” for the show.

17. Tammy
    July 4, 5:39 am

Hey, Deb Y have you tried changing your dogs food to see if that helps with ear infections??? Hopeful you see this comment???

18. Mark Fleming
    Lamar, Missouri
    July 4, 8:34 am

We sure miss his shows. Dr Pol is great and it is one of the better shows on TV. Very educational!

19. Penny Wildman
    Winn, Michigan
    July 4, 10:49 am

We love Dr. Pol and his staff! We started going to him when he first started his practice in the garage of their home. He and his staff always care so much for our pets and never are in too much of a hurry to answer any questions we might have. They are all friendly sweet and caring and we feel so fortunate to have had them treat our pets all these years!

20. Luther Conine
    Garland Tx
    July 4, 11:40 am

We love Dr Pol!!!!! A great family show with no sex drugs and violence. There is nothing like it. Thank you Dr Pol for providing a great show for my family. I wish we could travel and see you in action, you should try a drawing for people to come see you.
    Goooooooo Dr Pol!!!!!!!!

21. antoinette schrader
    florida
    July 4, 12:30 pm

Folks in general are not familiar with farm animals and how they need to be cared for..I spent many years in rural Pennsylvania working with in a farm setting, and with all kinds of animals.Had we been fortunate enough to to have had the quality of compassion and service from this Gentleman and his staff, raising and caring for them would have been a lot easier.Hats off to the real thing Doc!

22. Sylvia Bates
    Duluth, Ga
    July 4, 4:33 pm

Love the show – it’s not on any longer – hope we have some new episodes soon!

23. Jacqueline
    Columbus, Ohio
    July 4, 10:17 pm

I luv Doc Pol, too. Wish more new shows would air.

Some comments made me think it would b an interesting segment to the show to have Doc Pol work on cases that no one else could cure. (As if he didn’t have enough to do. Haha)

24. Maryalice
    Auburn,NY
    July 5, 8:53 am

Love this program, can’t wait for the new season to start.

25. autumn
    michigan
    July 13, 10:33 am

I guess some veterinarians are not to happy about some of Dr.Pols ways, they feel some of them are inhumane and brutal at the same time. They are saying the animals need more pain medicine then Dr.Pol give to them before procedures. I am NOT A VET I AM JUST REPEATING what 2 separate vets told me. I myself LOVE DR.POL AND not only his show but, his family!

26. Hi There
    July 19, 1:34 pm

caroline t, you must have national geographic wild to watch this show. National geographic and national geographic wild are 2 different tv channels and most do not have ngw only ng. if you do not have ngw then you can only watched glimpses of it here on the ng website