Ask NASA Astronauts Your Question With #HelloFromEarth

Want to chat with the astronauts on the International Space Station? National Geographic Channel is taking viewers into orbit with Live From Space, a live event broadcast from the ISS.

As part of the broadcast, NASA astronauts Rick Mastracchio and Koichi Wakata located on the ISS will answer your questions about life in space.

Want to make your voice heard? We’re using Instagram to collect questions and waves for the astronauts. Here’s how to submit:

1. Take a photo or video of yourself waving to the ISS astronauts. Every message of support and positivity means a lot to the astronauts, and they’ll be waving back from space!

2. In the comments, ask them your question and add the hashtag #HelloFromEarth.

3. Upload your post to Instagram. Make sure your profile is public so we can see your question!

Hello From Earth Instagram

Watch Live From Space on March 14 to see if your question is answered live!

Comments

1. Nature Around the Net
    February 22, 2014, 7:48 am

[…] – Want to wave to the astronauts on the ISS, ask them a question about living in space, and maybe even get to watch them answer it? You can do just that here! […]

2. Jon S
    California
    February 26, 2014, 5:22 pm

Hey, can you guys see the Black Knight Alien Satellite from where you are? Any other UFO’s flying around up there? We know they exist, but NASA likes to keep the general public in the dark.

3. David Neff
    Norfolk , VA North America
    February 28, 2014, 12:39 pm

Hello , I wanted to know that if you died in space not to worry you or anything but what would you like to be looking at ?

#HelloFromEarth #SpockLiveLongAndProsper

4. Fred Windham jr
    waycross Ga
    March 2, 2014, 8:44 pm

How do hurl in space

5. Zachary
    Binghamton New York
    March 4, 2014, 10:41 pm

Hi, I was wondering what it’s like up in space and I also want to ask you is it cool at night and can you see the stars

6. Ron E Savageau
    March 5, 2014, 4:40 pm

I would like to know what you think permanent magnets being used as a motor for space travelinstead of conventional fuel.
    would love to be up there with you I think it’s very cool what you do and have a safe journey when you come back.#helloromearth
    #h

7. Jesse Jones
    west haven utah
    March 7, 2014, 2:18 am

I wish I was there with you… Is there much room on the spacecraft? # hello from earth….

8. Vidhya
    March 7, 2014, 11:38 pm

I was wondering if we could find the black hole and send out a drone and through it will we be able to get information on the location or will the black hole destroy the drone with its mass?

9. Beth Hopkins
    Lynchburg Va
    March 9, 2014, 7:59 pm

Hello there!
    1. What is the most beautiful thing have you seen from ISS?
    2. What scientific experiments are you currently working on?
    3. What one thing do you miss most, other than family or friends of course, while you are there?
    4. Will any of you be coming back to the station?
    5. How long will ISS be in operation?

Just a couple questions. Sorry did not post a picture of me waving, but I will be, if you are waving this way! Take care…We are all proud of you!

10. William Sandoval
    San Estevan, Belize
    March 10, 2014, 7:29 pm

Do alien spacecraft exist out there? Have you had any communication with them?

11. venky
    chennai, india
    March 10, 2014, 11:17 pm

1. Is space debris a real problem as it is shown in the film gravity?
    2. How do you take care of yourself from direct sun rays…I have heard that you are not supposed to see the sun directly.
    3. IF you get bored, you should be allowed to go around in a space transportation of yours 🙂 do you agree?
    4. We all are sexual beings. How this affects astronauts who are put to stay for longer duration?
    5. Lastly I have a heartbeat in Dubai. Can you please snap Dubai from space for me:)
    #HelloFromEarth

12. Abdulrahman mohamed
    Dubai
    March 12, 2014, 6:27 am

1-What is your biggest fear there on space
    2-how many member is on the ISS
    3-what’s the coolest thing you get on the ISS
    4-how many meal do you usually eat on the ISS
    5-can you see other planets while you’re on the ISS
    And thanks for answering my questions
    #HelloFromEarth

13. Felicia
    Asheville, NC USA
    March 14, 2014, 7:46 pm

Hello!

Congratulations on growing vegetables in space! As we have learned earlier in the show, water is a tremendously valuable resource. Do you think we will see the growing application ISS uses in advancing agriculture and lifting up humanity in places where water and food are scarce?
    Also, space gardening must be an amazing reminder of home!
    #HelloFromEarth

14. Chaitanya
    India
    March 14, 2014, 8:55 pm

Is there any change in body in space ?

15. Amanda Holmes
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    March 14, 2014, 11:13 pm

What do the aurora borealis look like from space? Are they as amazing to watch from space?

#HelloFromEarth

16. Michael Ingbritson
    Victoria B.C. Canada
    March 15, 2014, 12:27 am

Hey guys, I’ve always wondered what re-entry into Earth’s atmosphere is like? I bet it’s pretty intense.

It would be cool if you could get some footage inside the capsule on the way down. 🙂

17. Harpreet Singh
    India
    March 15, 2014, 11:58 am

Hey…. Astronauts… I have a confusing question and that is are you guys falling in elliptical manner or you are in a no gravity zone.??? Thanks. #HelloFromEarth

18. Logan Rutledge
    North Branch, Michigan, U.S.A.
    March 28, 2014, 7:00 am

Hi my name is Logan and I live in a small town and will post a picture on Instagram but I want to ask some questions now…. Can you see city lights all the way from space? Can you see Michigan very well? What does your favorite spot on Earth look like? Thanks a Ton!!
    #HelloFromEarth

19. HARSH
    mumbai,INDIA
    May 25, 2014, 1:30 am

I HAVE A DOUBT THAT U PEOPLE HAVE DIDN’T COLONIZE MOON THAN HOW U GONNA COLONIZE MARS . PLEASE ANSWER 🙂

20. Alankrit
    kanpur,INDIA
    June 5, 2014, 2:53 am

why are you hiding the truth of aliens?
    After the research of MARS by VIKING 1 that proved that MARS have life? please answer

21. Alankrit
    kanpur,INDIA
    June 5, 2014, 3:06 am

In the stadium of North america there was a match of football and the public and players say a UFO above them so why are you telling it a rumor.That means that you think every body is mad??? please answer correctly?

22. sarthak khandelwal
    india new delhi
    September 3, 2014, 12:23 pm

if the escape velocity of canas majoris is greater than of light speed then how is it visible?

23. Xayene
    September 9, 2014, 5:19 am

Why are the astronauts using special ballpen to not loose the ink why the astronauts did not using pencil

24. anushka green
    agra ,india
    September 27, 2014, 2:24 am

it is said that Mars do not have atmosphere ,if it is so than why ,carbon di oxide clouds occur there, if atmosphere is there than why not green house effect occur there???

25. YASHASWINI
    Bangalore, India
    March 4, 2015, 6:16 am

I dont wana ask any questions about space because i myself wana go over there and enjoy the beauty of it….. but i have a silly question to ask…… i request u to kindly suggest about the perfect course that i must choose after my 2nd pu, as i am verrrryyyy much interested in spacestudy and love to travel to space.hope i may get some help through this…..plz reply to my mail..

26. Subir Basu
    Durgapur , West bengal , India
    April 17, 2015, 1:05 pm

Some questions to the Astronauts that 1) when they travells in the space with sudden change in gravity what happened to their condition, whether their old disease condition got relief? what Are the disease condition they did suffered while in space?
    Did any one got ameliorated permanently from their old disease condition?