Watch Online: New LIVE After Show, Reel Talk, Premieres Tonight After Wicked Tuna

Tonight, directly after the season premiere of Wicked Tuna, check out the all-new web series Reel Talk for our first-ever LIVE After Show. Things kick off tonight at 10P with captains Dave CarraroPaul Hebert, and TJ Ott. The Wicked Pissah and FV-Tuna.com captains will talk old rivalries and new Bluefin tuna fishing adventures, while Wicked Tuna’s newest captain TJ calls in from the road.

Start submitting questions now on Facebook.com/WickedTunaTV and Twitter using hashtag #ReelTalk and watch the live Q&A unfold tonight at 10P over at natgeotv.com/reeltalk

Comments

1. Phil Loth
    Elkhart,Indiana
    February 16, 2014, 10:02 pm

I truly enjoy the shows BUT why is it so important for the FV’s to kick one another’s ASS just fish. If it is the way NATGEO wants to format the show say so at the beginning if the captains are really as they are portrayed then you are the ASSES captains you know who you are Dave, Tyler.

2. Priscilla and Paul
    February 17, 2014, 12:20 am

We haven’t seen Paul in the season premiere!!!!! What happened???? That stinks!!!!!!

3. Priscilla and Paul
    February 17, 2014, 12:26 am

Tyler!!!!!!! What an awesome first catch!!!!! The best!!!!!

4. Mary Moore
    victorville. California
    February 17, 2014, 1:10 am

What kind of rush do you get when you catch a tuna and has any any of you cought two at a time on different. Lines of so what was that like

5. Ned Steinkraus
    Connecticut
    February 17, 2014, 6:03 am

Why doesn’t wicked tuna use actual prices/ lb these boats are getting for these fish. Price is not realized until these fish go to auction. It would make the show much more interesting if they followed the fish to auction , both domestically and in Japan. the prices that are aired are just fabricated for TV and are drastically incorrect. I fish in the fleet with all of these boats, and the real truth is this is not the money making bonanza the show makes it out to be. The marketing of these fish is corrupt, and the truth is the fisherman often get the short end of the stick when it comes to price/ pound. This would make for great tv. I feel that National geographic should be truthful if they are going to do a show like this. The truth is even if you are very good at catching these fish , it is very hard to make money doing it, because you are at the mercy of the buyers. This is not ” the Gold Rush” you are making it out to be.

6. Ned Steinkraus
    Connecticut
    February 17, 2014, 6:56 am

The channel airs non-fiction television programs produced by National Geographic and other production companies. Like History and the Discovery Channel, the channel features documentaries with factual content involving nature, science, culture, and history, plus some reality and pseudo-scientific entertainment programming.

This is what Wikipedia says about national geographic channel . The discovery channel got in hot water with not being truthful about the Man vs. Wild show. ” non fictional” and ” factual” are just that . The truth is very entertaining, and in exposing the corruption you may help us fisherman get the price we deserve on these fish. We work very hard to catch these fish, and at the end of the day it boils down to supply, demand, and whatever the market brings, minus the buyers percentage. When I watch the show it makes me angry that the whole premise of the show is based on lies. None of these guys do this full time, because you can’t make $100,000/year as reported last year on the pin wheel. Be truthful , it’s a hard living, but we love it! If we can make some money at it , that’s great. but what appears to be a pile of money on the deck usually end up in disappointment after the fish go to market.

7. Mala
    Trinidad & Tobago, West Indies
    February 17, 2014, 11:27 am

I enjoy watching Wicked Tuna, one of my favorites. is the FV tuna.com

8. carmine melito
    new jersey
    February 17, 2014, 1:43 pm

do the Gloucester men always anchor and dead stick? in n.j. we frequently drift, and spool off line to have our bait keep pace w/ the chum slick. is one way better?

9. Mike Pereira
    Rhode Island
    February 18, 2014, 12:15 pm

I agree with Ned instead of using the estimated price they need to use the price they REALY GOT.These fish at times goes on consignment and the finial price may be a lot lower.Also ,let’s not make it look like this is the only thing they do all year to make money.These people also charter out there boat for other fish before the tuna season.Yes they work hard almost all year between them tuna fishing and there charter service.A good charter boat can do well on charters alone.

10. Dan
    Stockton ca
    February 18, 2014, 3:28 pm

It would be more interesting to know how long it took to land the fish?
    How much pay do crew members get?

11. Randy
    louisana
    February 21, 2014, 8:44 pm

love to watch your show i do tuna fishing myself in the gulf of mexico lot of fun and hard work. these fish and other fish are not as meny as the thay should have. I thank it,s to much commerical fishing i understand that people want to eat fish just like i do and you do. but what i don,t understand why would you take our fish from USA and sale it to the chinese or the japanese don,t you thank thay took anough fish from our bourder thay can,t come no closer so thay get guys like you and pay you the big buckto sale our fish to them.to me its look like you are saleing us out thanks wicked tuna.

12. Helene
    Philadelphia
    February 24, 2014, 12:24 am

Soooooo happy u r back. We love u Marciano and wish you the best. You are so down to earth and real. Don’t worry God will bless you this season and always. He already is! Great fish tonight. Win the pool this year we are rooting for you. JUST DO IT! you can Congrats on the boat, too. Nice one you got tonight. Nobody fishes better than the Italians. Love Ya!

13. Robert Webb
    March 2, 2014, 7:18 pm

i would like to know if fishing for blue fin or yellow fin tuna on the pacific is the same as to the equipment used such as reels poles and boats or do they need other size of boats and reels as there isn’t much to anchor to and its bigger ocean . also what size is the lines and what are you setting the drags on the reels weight wise at also what pratice is set for conservation of the blue and yellow fins in the pacific

14. michael case
    roxboro,north carolina
    May 11, 2014, 9:02 pm

I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay, & made my living on the water for 4 years, l love watching the show ,but l don’t care for the animosity between the different boats, however, as true waterman, when it comes time to, they always set their differences aside,& come together as the true fishermen that, they are!

15. Barth Burrup
    Idaho
    May 11, 2014, 9:11 pm

I live where a 7lb brown trout is i big fish, what advice could you give a guy that wanted to come fish for giant bluefin tuna?

16. Ben Pickering
    Perry, Florida
    May 13, 2014, 9:17 am

Good catch Paul, you will get there someday. …

17. Scotty Estrella
    Massachusetts.
    May 18, 2014, 8:07 pm

I like the show and the boats. However the drama is no nessesary. Also. If a tuna is 1or 2 inches too short and gets harpooned…what happens? It’s hard to tell no?? Please respond.

18. Dan
    Pawtucket
    May 18, 2014, 8:44 pm

I used to mate on my uncles, boat during the early eighties our average dress size were in the seven hundreds, and all caught just south of block island, do you think they will ever return around here, I also see no one using quick anchor releases, we used to run line through bow eye on deck and down to side cleat just at mid ship

19. Nancy Forrester
    Oxnard.Ca
    May 18, 2014, 11:29 pm

I’m rooting for Hard Merchandise and Paul too. Good luck guys.

20. Rick Aldrich
    West Lebanon IN
    May 21, 2014, 7:58 am

Dave Marciano and Paul Hebert are the best. Good luck guys.

21. Rick Aldrich
    West Lebanon NH
    May 21, 2014, 8:05 am

I am definitely going to Gloucester this summer I sure hope I run into one of the captans. Best of luck to all the boats!!!!!

22. David Crossman
    Chuluota, Florida
    June 8, 2014, 9:08 pm

What does it take to go fishing with Dave M. He’s the best captain out there.

23. Sara P Goodin
    Ky
    June 8, 2014, 9:28 pm

I just wish I could chum for fv.com or hard merchandise and or hot tuna. Hope Hotdog got a lesson!!!

24. david broun
    June 8, 2014, 11:38 pm

how much do each of the boat crew members make as a percentage of the catch

25. denny centers
    franklin ohio
    March 15, 2015, 7:58 pm

Any sportsman would love this show as i do when the guys are trying to catch the big tuna. But i have no interest when the boats go out to spear one that has been located by an airplane it really take the sport and fun out of the show. That is when i take a restroom break or make a sandwich.

26. Anthony Prisco
    Bronx ny
    March 22, 2015, 9:14 pm

Me and my son love this show we are avid fishermen and know that what these guys do is not easy we like all the boats but our favorite is mr marciano HARD MERCH all the way baby I can relate to him being in the laborers union for 27 years I know what he means when he says he just wants to take care of his family VIN VIDI VICI stata boun good luck and stay safe

27. martha kenealy
    susanville, ca
    March 23, 2015, 2:05 am

I love your show on TV. I’ve been land locked for 10 years. I miss my coast (Santa Cruz, Ca) so much. I can smell the sea, just watching you guys! Thanks for letting me smell the salt and dead fish smell…love it!

28. Nathan Boyd
    Kailua Hawaii
    April 13, 2015, 2:49 am

Why do you guys anchor the boats when you catch fish? Why don’t you keep the anchor out of the water so there isn’t risk in the fish tangling up in the anchor line? How much does Nat Geo pay you guys per episode?

29. Teresa Parker
    Beverly Hil, CA and PA
    April 19, 2015, 1:43 pm

I think it’s hilarious that u have got someone like me to stop watching the housewives and get hooked on a real competition! I luv it and take a shower after each episode. What’s up Dave? Marciano ?

30. Teresa Parker
    Bev hills, ca
    April 19, 2015, 2:02 pm

Oh ya, why does Tyler seem to kidnap his crew at sea. Is that necessary? As a business owner ur people are everything. He should have given them a week off and made arrangements if he had a family. I’m also still sick from the waterskiing episode. What if a shark thought that was a seal? Searously? That. Lawsuit would have ended him. His practical jokes also make me cringe. Tyler your dealing with men’s livelihoods. When you have to feed a family you will respect, until then respect yourself.

31. Lynnak
    Humble TX
    April 26, 2015, 11:56 pm

Tyler you need to treat your crew like PEOPLE NOT like you do. I wouldn’t work for you for no amount money. You are the dumbass

32. linda
    west coast ,usa
    May 3, 2015, 9:02 pm

Like the show tuna.com and hard merchandise

33. John
    Augusta Ga.
    May 11, 2015, 10:00 pm

Good evening gentlemen . To the captain of the Tuna.com , Dave you are the man .

34. Bonnie Confer
    New Tripoli PA
    May 17, 2015, 9:22 pm

Just saying hello to Mauro and Geordie both of whom we met at the docks on Monday. Thank you for being so nice to us. Love the show. Ron and Bonnie

35. Ralph H.
    Hot Springs, Ark.
    May 18, 2015, 12:01 am

Hi guys. A quick hello to all you Capts. and crew. You guys have a job on your hands. It’s fun at times but stressful too. I’ve commercial fished for years in the gulf. Ran a supply boat for years and ended up running a sport fishing boat for some Louisiana oil guys. We marlin fished. Fished tournaments and had (at times) a camera crew on board with us. I know what all you fellas are going through with all that. Anyhow your show is a hit. I love it and can’t wait for new episodes. I take my hat off to each and everyone of you Captains and your crew. Good job guys. Marciano, keep em straight capt.

36. gerry
    central fla
    May 18, 2015, 2:10 am

love the show, sometimes would like a do over in life nat geo can inspire anyone to dream even tho i’m 70 i look at wht could have been way to go nat geo

37. Jimmy
    Myrtle beach s.c
    May 31, 2015, 10:24 am

Tyler is a Lil baby..grow up an take notes…

38. ralph
    SD
    June 4, 2015, 12:26 am

Why wasn’t the First Mate Jarrett P. on the season finale of Reel Talk? Great fisherman, but I guess the owner of the boat was the grsat mate. That wasn’t right. TJ, I hope you don’t lose a great first mate. I guess your father (owner of the boat,) chose who the first mate on the boat was, eh? Jarret P., there are a few boats looking for a good first mate, without the family dramas and less money to spilt among the crew. Too bad, TJ, you did the “fishy” thing to Jarrett, so don’t complsin sbout the “Dave incident.” Now the “Ott stsb in the back.” Sorry I liked you watching the show until Rerel Talk. Good luck Jarret, hope you find a boat that recognizes you awesome abilities. RJ

39. ralph