Wicked Tuna is Back This Sunday!

Wicked Tuna returns for a third season this Sunday at 9P. New captains and old rivalries heat up the competition.

With the first fish of the season on the line, the fishermen of Gloucester, Massachusetts set out for Jeffrey’s Ledge in hopes of making the first catch of the North Atlantic Bluefin Tuna season.

Hot-shot captains Tyler McLaughlin (Pinwheel) and Dave Carraro (FV-Tuna.com) start the season right where they left off, both trying to assert their dominance over one another yet again. Meanwhile, an accomplished Captain from their past is steaming for Gloucester waters determined to eclipse them both. Meet the newest Captain to Wicked Tuna:

At the end of last season, Captain Dave Marciano’s fishing vessel the Hard Merchandise sank, leaving the already struggling captain’s prospects of returning this Tuna season gloomy. Now with thousands of dollars in time and borrowed money invested, the cautiously optimistic captain is ready to hit the water and get on the fish quick to pay off his debts and turn a profit for his family.

Now, at the start of the season, each Captain has the ability to write their future yet again. They have the opportunity to put thoughts of the past behind them and rise to the occasion. Catching as many Bluefin Tuna and the massive paychecks they’ll take home as a result is the only thing on their minds. It’s anyone’s title to win and an even playing field… for now! You can see how the captains stack up in the Wicked Tuna Leaderboard and vote for your favorite captain.

Don’t miss the season three premiere of Wicked Tuna: The Wicked Return, this Sunday at 9P.

And after the premiere, don’t miss the LIVE after show, Reel Talk! The captains will be taking your questions live on our new web series with host Mike Salk. Tune in Sunday, Feb. 16 at 10 pm ET right after the season premiere, and ask away onFacebook.com/WickedTunaTV or on Twitter using hashtag #ReelTalk!

Comments

1. Dunk
    Cape May, NJ
    February 15, 2014, 2:10 am

I can’t wait for this new season…

2. Anthony Iannotti
    New Haven Ct
    February 16, 2014, 9:34 am

Met Ralph at the Ct Fishing show yesterday.

Looking aroundon the Nat Geo site and don’t see the OdySea on there. Anyone know why. Hes one of the “Real” guys What’s Up?

3. Donald Nelson
    February 16, 2014, 9:28 pm

Come on Hard Merchandise, routing for you again this year

4. John H
    Huntington Beach, Ca.
    February 17, 2014, 2:39 am

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

What is the deal with all the mismatched footage? For example, during tonight’s first episode of the season, both Hot Tuna and Tuna.Com are fishing next to each other. At approximately 13 minutes into the episode Hot Tuna hooks up and the conditions are cloudy, windy, and rough. A couple of minutes later, Tuna.Com hooks up and the crew starts talking trash about Hot Tuna not being the only one to hook a fish. While Tuna.com fights the fish the conditions are fairly calm, sunny without a cloud in the sky and no white caps whatsoever. Obviously, the footage was shot a different times.
    This issue is problematic throughout the show. Just keep an eye on what type of fishing reel gets bit and then what type of reel ends up landing the fish. Also, keep an eye on the conditions of the sea while boats are fighting fish.
    One can only conclude that National Geographic is manipulating the footage to mislead the public into some sort of soap opera to raise ratings. Too bad!!

JH

5. Charlie Drake
    Florida
    February 25, 2014, 11:25 pm

What the heck! I’ve watched Wicked Tuna for 2 years. I set my DVR to record the 1st 2 shows of the season, returned from my trip, turned on my DVR and zippo. I called Comcast and learned that they had recently pulled Nat Geo from their standard definition & HD packages and now require an up-charge to get the channel….seriously? I now have to pay more money to Comcast just to get the Nat Geo channel in either standard or high def…..What the heck is going on??

6. George St.L
    Lempster N.H.
    February 26, 2014, 10:19 pm

I am praying that the tuna gods help the crew of Hard Merchandise kick ass.I think Capt. Dave is the real deal.I would pay to be able to be on his boat for day just to help.

7. Big fan
    Clinton twp. MI. 48035
    March 15, 2014, 10:05 am

can`t watch wicked tuna because cosmo`s comes on at 9pm. No notice of time change or day rescheduling

• Meg Gleason
      March 17, 2014, 12:23 pm

Hey there, NGC airs Cosmos at 10p on Mondays (On Fox it airs 9p on Sundays)–so we’re keeping Wicked Tuna right where it is!

8. Glenda Bernard
    British Columbia
    March 28, 2014, 1:31 pm

I have a problem with Wicked Tuna. If there is such a tight regulation on giant Bluefin tuna population, why is National Geographic promoting Wicked Tuna? I am presuming money is the winner in this equation. Diminishes my viewpoint of the National Geographic channel. I can understand that some of these fishermen have been doing this for years and years and it is the only source of their and their families income. However as Dave Marciano pointed out, they can earn extra income by hiring charters but I would imagine that the thrill of the chase is gone and the amount of income is less. Why promote an industry that is harming the giant Bluefin tuna? I guess it is the old adage regarding having your cake and eating it too. Such a shame.