Tonight, say goodbye to the most interesting man in the woods. Mick Dodge’s weird, wild journey navigating a subsistence lifestyle in the Hoh Rainforest concludes with tonight’s finale.

On “The Harvest,” Mick embarks on an important mission to stock up on food before the impending winter months. His prize: chanterelle, a type of mushroom considered a delicacy. Rich in flavor and well-suited for drying and storing, chanterelles are golden in both color and value, fetching upwards of twenty per pound in the market.

For Mick, the window to harvest this valuable fungi is closing fast, as chanterelles appear in the Pacific Northwest for just two weeks each year. Mick is also forced to compete with mushroom hunters from around the world, who intrude on Mick’s rainforest home to cash in.

As if his hunt for sustenance wasn’t difficult enough, Mick also has to weather the dangerous elements of his forest home. An unfortunate encounter with Devil’s Club, a poisonous plant native to the Pacific Northwest, leaves Mick in pain and scrambling for an antidote. Will he recover in time to gather enough mushrooms and stock up for winter?

Follow Mick’s final journey on the season finale tonight at 10P.

Watch Mick hunt chanterelles below:

Comments

1. Karl Glessner
    Muskego
    February 11, 11:47 pm

Although this show is entertaining, I feel that most fail to see it for what it is. Frankly the show has quite a few problems with continuity and progressively became more and more preposterous. At least try to make it believable. And honestly I find it pretty unsettling that so many failed to pick up on this.

2. Steve Bagwell
    Greenville sc
    February 12, 1:40 am

I just love this man, I hope that NG will bless us with more of mick dodge. Think you mick and NG ,I we’ll be ready the next shows.

3. scott
    Olympia, Washington
    February 12, 1:11 pm

This Mick has taken you for a ride. My family has had a cabin on the Hoh since 1987. Most all the crap you show is all bullshit. Every place you have been is right next to a road. For example when mick was “healing” himself, in a glasier river, the cameraman was standing on the south fork of the Hoh bridge 300 feet from the campground!! My family has fished that exact spot for almost 30 yrs AND hunted it too! Are you goofy! Did you check out the dodge family! Will of stone Leased / rented his “cabin” from a friend of ours. ITS HIS OLD BARN!! The so called logging that is taking over his place is not even close. So this makes me wonder if ALL your shows are as full of bull as this. Our cabin is about 500yrds down river from” will of stones ” rented barn! What a joke!! All the cabin owners will talk you know. “mick” and you guys are full of it. Most ALL of whats shown is made up crap. Cant believe you guys,” mick” has fooled you all, have you talked to his relative lee dodge???

4. Lora
    Ohio
    February 12, 6:23 pm

Hope National Geographic does follow up on Mick. Love to live in the woods vicariously thru watching his adventures. Amazing how that poultice healed his foot practically overnight.

5. mallory
    missouri
    February 12, 9:34 pm

I’m really sad the season is over. It’s so interesting. I like reading books about people being forced into survival. I hope, at least, there will be many more seasons. Its the first natgeo series I’ve really enjoyed. I love mick ‘ s personality. My parents watch too.

6. Steven Rovito
    February 13, 1:29 am

I just got done watching the Will of stone episode…big problem, those were meal worms not maggots and the crabs were dead when he pulled them out of the water…shame on you Nat Geo, if you’re going to fake or recreate something at least make it believable!

7. Robert Volpe
    St. Louis
    February 15, 10:01 pm

I was enjoying the show, seeing for the first time, Feb 15. Then I watch as Mick steps out of the woods to help a French girl in a broken down Jeep on his way to town, and my bull$@?! Meter went crazy! I AM an automotive expert, and I can tell you there were several problems with his diagnosis/repair of that car. As the previous poster stated, shame on you, NatGeo, for faking a series and staging a situation to create a character.
    Ruined the show for me, that’s for sure.

8. Sue P
    Oregon
    February 16, 12:59 am

This is probably the silliest program on TV. I cannot believe NG would brodcast such crap. You broadcast stupid stuff like this and crazy people who think this is for real try to go out and live in the woods and end up dying…this is not for real! If Mick Dodge spends the winter in a tree truck then I am the Queen of England. Come on NG you can do better than this crap

9. david h
    maryville tn.
    February 18, 8:46 pm

I love mick dodge and what Nat. Geo has brought to tv.! The same people that hate on this show will watch many more thats less real, there is always some stageing in filming, but part of his story must be true. Thanks Nat. Geo please bring another season.

10. Danny
    here and there
    February 18, 11:20 pm

Was last week the finale?? :(
    Aww man I was so looking forward to watching tonight. This was my favorite show. I hope it returns. Darn, now I don’t have anything to look forward to.
    See you soon Mr. Dodge

11. Joan
    Arkansas
    February 24, 12:59 am

This is one of the most refreshing shows on t.v. So some things are staged. So what? At least it is decent. I am looking forward to more shows.

12. Chrissy
    NJ
    February 25, 8:15 pm

It’s obvious the show is staged. Who cares. Mick, the character is funny & I find the show relaxing & humorous. I think it’s a good show, even staged…..

13. Felicia
    Calhan Colorado
    April 2, 2:37 pm

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Mike
    Peterborough
    April 25, 10:13 pm

How come all the comments about this show I crap!? It’s was a great show to watch, if you guys want to hate on a show start with the kardashians, now there is a frigging dumb show!!

15. DND
    Hi
    May 9, 6:32 pm

Sorry to see Mick go. I hope nothing bad came from the show airing. I can envision the conformances trying to place the constraints back onto Mick and those around him. Enjoy it for what it was is and to be.

16. Mark Murphy
    maple ridge bc Canada
    May 12, 10:27 pm

Bring back the show. We love it….Thank you.

17. Vaughan
    Belleville ont canada
    May 29, 9:03 pm

Hi there I enjoy your so much. I once lived in the wood then move back in the city. I hope soon to teek my wife and son to live back in the woods. I was wondering if you guys will be putting the show back on I have not see your show for three Thursday now and not been on. In less you on diff day feel free to Let me know. It help me to know there still people out there like me. Hear from you soon,

18. joanne rusaw
    June 4, 2:15 pm

Come on .. so what if its real or not. so many people and there comments. Its a fun show to watch either way. why even bother watching movies none of them are real you watch it because it takes you there and its fun. Real i love the show. Not real I still love the show its a fun hour and makes you think about things. Hope it comes back

19. Melvin Morrow
    Canada
    June 5, 9:29 pm

Joanne Rusaw -> I don’t wish for more Mick Dodges as Steve Bagwell does but, I do wish for more Joanne Rusaw’s. Feel the same way. It’s a great show for what it offers me. But the arguement of staging is real. For Example Robert Volpe -> A subtle mistake for Nat Geo but one that would definately be a deal breaker for anyone half skilled in the automotive field. Even if the battery posts corroded which i’m sure they did, it happens, but the vehicle would continue to run of the alternator, is what Rob didn’t mention to back up his opinion. And he’s right. Steven Rovito -> also has a valid argument as well as many of you. But staged or not you should never believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. My opinion the show is great for what it is and for what the optimists in the post get from it. Well for me… My wife and daughter have been camping much more often and well, thanks Nat Geo.

20. Jay boots
    Acoma pueblo, nm
    June 16, 4:04 pm

The show is entertaining, mick cracks me up! People are just jealous and haters. It’s something to sit down and watch with my family

21. Tommy Brown
    Peoplestown MO 65674
    June 23, 6:06 am

Why are there so many haters here? I really like the show a lot.

22. jenny
    NC
    June 23, 6:05 pm

Our family enjoyed the show and hope Nat Geo brings it back. I agree with some of the previous comments that there are much worse shows on TV. I liked Mick’s philosophies and attitude towards nature. The world needs more Micks.

23. Becky
    Mobile, Al.
    July 2, 11:42 am

My husband and I really enjoyed the show
    Even if part was staged to enlighten us to
    The character of Mick and and his philosophies
    Let me assure you Mick is real I have a brother
    Just like him

24. Bonita
    July 21, 6:40 am

Please do another season….we are “HOOKED ON THE HO”!! LOVE MICK!

25. Steve
    Racine, WI
    July 24, 10:51 am

If the show is real or not is not what got me interested in it. Beautiful country to run around and be filmed in.

26. Ben
    Rossville GA>
    August 6, 2:14 pm

Why do all you people have to beat him down?????Can,t we have something to believe in these days..Who cares if it,s not real??People love Batman and superman and even Macgyver..Try and let people dream and stop shattering the hopes of people..Just shows how much your own lives are lacking..Get a life and stay out of other peoples likes..

27. Frank Alday
    Los Angeles California
    August 7, 4:16 am

So some or alot of the show scenes are fake, hello!!! Most of TV shows are fake but this show with Mick Dodge is such a great, fun and clean show that the whole family can watch and learn from. As a child I grew up playing in the woods and hiking up the mountains in California, for me the wilderness and nature is where I feel at home. Now that I live in the dirty and stinky city of Los Angeles California where it is full of shootings, rape, drugs, hatred and even police corruption, I get home sick for my wilderness home. When I’m having a bad day instead of going to the corner bar for booze like many do, I head out to the woods or mountains to connect with mother earth and to reboot my soul. So I thank you Mick Dodge and N G for bringing nature and mother earth into my man made home, and please bring Mick Dodge back.

28. Kyle
    Oxford, MI
    August 11, 9:51 am

What a great show! I love the outdoors and am an amateur survivalist myself. I really hate the trolls posting comments on here, saying the show was bs. How the hell would you know? You’ve got nothing better to do than crap on things to make you feel smart and superior. Love you Mick!

29. Dwight Palmer
    Hoh Valley WA.
    August 24, 3:27 pm

Anyone know when the new season starts?

30. Addy
    united states
    August 24, 9:00 pm

To those haters, out there , I guess the reason you are very bitter is because net geo didn’t pick you. Hey Net Geo, bring back Mick Dodge, we miss him. We love his show and his sense of making all of us laugh, forget about haters, they don’t count! They need to get in touch with nature.

31. Lawrence Desilva
    reno nevada
    August 25, 12:48 pm

Well people mick dodge is a showman and of course all of the show is made up. They follow the same formula as the discovery channel follow someone around giving the audience an element of danger. I live in the high desert now myself not in a forrest as mick dodge does. Have had my times in the woods hiking and camping. All mick does is the same I do its just common sense nothing special. But thats the thing anyone can do it people just dont want to give up the comfort of city life. So are all the episodes contrived of course they are. All shows are half of the year Mick stays at his girl friends cabin. But its a good tree hugger show for all you tree huggers and naturalists.

32. Jeff
    Ky
    September 13, 8:42 am

Being a mechanic myself, the episode where Mick conveniently comes across the gal broken down on the side of the road as he comes out of the forest made me want to throw my tv through the window! First of all, your car doesn’t die because the cables are corroded. Corrosion could prevent it from starting, but doesn’t make the engine suddenly die without warning. Your engine would continue to run off the alternator. You can even take the battery out of a vehicle while running and the engine wouldn’t die unless the alternator itself was bad! And I love the way he is so confident in his diagnosis and repair that he slams the hood before even trying to start it! If I came across someone broken down on the side of the road and they’re telling me that the engine died for no reason, corroded battery terminals would be the farthest thing from my mind. Reminds me of a show I watched one time where a “mechanic” is under the hood of a lady’s broken down car while fumbling his hands on top of the engine…simulating that he’s working on something while saying to the lady “go ahead and try it”. She turns the key and the engine cranks and cranks and cranks but doesn’t start. The mechanic slams the hood and says “looks like your starter is broken”. OMG I thought I would go through the television! Not just because he’s fumbling around under the hood where the starter isn’t even located, but knowing that the starters sole purpose is to crank the engine and nothing more (which it was doing perfectly) yet he’s telling her that her starter is broken. These producers need to speak with actual mechanics before filming a scene involving a broken down vehicle. It may slip by those who are not mechanically inclined, but for those who are it drives us nuts and insults our intelligence. That scene alone was 100% proof that the show is scripted, and that is a bummer because I was actually enjoying it.

33. Alice Botsford
    Puyallup, WA
    September 29, 2:41 pm

I sure hope there’s going to be another season. I loved watching the show. It was really entertaining!