In case you missed it, our first web-spin-off show, Selling Survival, just released its 15th and final episode.

So… if you need to catch up, head on over to sellingsurvival.com and watch the complete web series at your leisure.

We had a blast traveling across the country to various preparedness and survival expos filming the series, and met so many amazing preppers, survivalists, and inventors! We loved all the amazing gadgets and gear, and hope you enjoy the web-series as much as we do!

Tell us, what was your favorite webisode? And which of the products would you love to add to your bug-out bag?

Comments

1. Adam
    NE Ohio
    January 22, 4:35 am

Selling survival. Haven’t seen it yet but I caught doomsday preppers. I love the drama, fear,and it makes me feel better about buying new gear. I get some laughs in too. I’m glad you guys made a show that covers all the bases about preparedness. But what’s with the risk assessment at the end? Are you saying there is no need to prepare? Well I dunno but it sure is a good show. Hope you keep it up for another 125 .

2. Douglas Lass
    January 23, 1:14 pm

I love watching Doomsday Preppers but I haven’t been able to watch it because I think you changed the broadcast time! Please let me know if it’s still on Tuesday at 8 PM Central or if it’s been changed to a differant night. Thanks, Douglas Lass

3. Donald Holmes
    Livingston, Texas 77351
    February 16, 6:37 pm

Meg have you had a chance to see the new AquaFarm System. You grow any kind of food in it and it is portable. Foods like potatoes, tomatoes, shrimp, fish, crabs, and any kind of plant for food. No weeding, No filter cleaning, 100% organic, No chemicals, No pests, No fertilizer, Very low maintenance. Much better than aquaponics. Check it out. oldworldaquafarm.com

4. Greg
    Lexington, VA
    February 19, 1:37 pm

Meg,
    I have been watching shows like this for several years now and just a suggestion for another spin-off would be a show the concentrates around the self-reliant parts of prepping. Scott Hunt and David Kobler from Practical Preppers have some outstanding ideas for getting off the grid, solar energy, and more. Some of the other former Doomsday Preppers have great ideas about Aquaponics for growing and other suggestion. I think Doomsday Preppers was heading in the right direction with this type of information but I think a show that is more hands on approach to ideas involving security, power, food storage and growing, water system, cooling/heating systems, and more. I had watched a ton of YouTube videos with some very innovative ideas in all these topic area that could greatly benefit the population today. Not to promote a completive channel but the show “The Colony” on Discovery Channel also had some great ideas but they never expanded on those ideas. NatGeo could be that channel that shows these types of innovative ideas. Just a thought!

• Meg Gleason
      February 19, 5:59 pm

Very cool idea! Thanks for sharing.

5. David
    Arizona
    February 20, 11:52 am

Hi Meg, this is David with http://www.EndlessFoodSystems.com – My favorite is a little biased :) Episode 7: Sustainable Food!

I wanted to let you know we’ve added some additions that work with our full size Fish Powered Aquaponics Gardens! In a traditional aquaponics setup root crops (mainly potatoes) do not grow successfully. Chad built a solution so our full size systems can now grow potatoes and other root crops! Plus we have more off grid solutions available since you all filmed The Fight Ahead and Selling Survival – http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/selling-survival/articles/endless-food-systems-fish-powered-aquaponic-gardens/.

Feel free to contact Chad or me for periodic updates.

Thanks!

David

6. Jon
    March 12, 10:00 pm

What will you use as money during the apocalypse? Can’t afford silver or gold?

Aside from silver and gold, having a portion of copper bullion is a good idea for security in the event the paper dollar becomes valueless. Keep your pre-1982 solid copper pennies and have some 1oz. copper rounds as small money. Aside from silver and gold coins, the solid copper penny, along with 1oz copper rounds) will be the only “coin” in use as “money” if the paper dollar became valueless. All other coins along with the paper dollar will be useless due to their lack of intrinsic value. This is the reason you will find “Zombucks” or “Appocolypse” rounds. (Otherwise copper bullion is not a very good for “investment” because of it’s low value.) Make sure when you buy copper rounds they are stamped with it’s Identity= Copper, Purity= .999 Fine, and Weight= 1oz. A.V.D.P.