The Last Saw: Watch Tonight’s ‘Big Bad Wood’ Season Finale

Tonight, Big Bad Wood‘s season of felling trees, wrangling unruly crewmates and fighting for clients in suburban Boston concludes. On the season finale, the four Boston tree companies face challenges that could permanently alter their businesses.

Owner Jay Malouf surprises Specialized Rigging and Tree Care greenhorn Ted with a formidable task: taking down his first tree. But when Ted struggles to fell the 25-foot spruce, Jay’s forced to reevaluate the future of his crew.

For All Season Tree Service, their final job is a massive one, taking down four trees in a single job. To save time and money on the massive undertaking, All Season owner Brian attempts to “money cut” – taking each tree down with one stroke. Done correctly, the risky move can boost his reputation, but botching the job could end Brian’s career.

Meanwhile, American Climbers are tackling a job the other tree companies turned down, facing an oak tree in a backyard with very little room to maneuver. Pro climber Gilly is ready for the challenge, but after one limb nearly takes him down and another pummels him into the tree, he isn’t so sure.

For the guys of Tree Tech, their job has the highest stakes yet – felling two trees on owner Andy’s property. Faced with crew issues, injuries and a tiny space to work, Tree Tech’s crew splinters under the stress, with one worker sent packing.

Take one last adventure with the Big Bad Wood crews on the season finale tonight at 7P.

Watch: Ted, a new Specialized Rigging and Tree Care climber, fights to take down his first tree.

Comments

1. Michael DeLia
    Ledyard Connecticut
    December 26, 2013, 8:28 pm

I’ve been in the tree care industry for over 30 years and I can’t watch this show. I’m embarrassed for everyone of them. On the other hand I hope some of my customers watch ,they’ll appreciate when we do it the right way ,after seeing it done the wrong way. In there defense, in my early twenties, I traveled all over the U.S. doing tree work and New England is about 30 years behind the times. You would think working in the suburbs of a major city , like Boston they would be more professional. I worked in the suburbs outside N.Y.C. for 20 years and not one of those companies would make it for much more then a year , unless they changed there wreck less ways .

2. Ashley Wall
    Pikeville, NC
    December 26, 2013, 8:30 pm

As a female in the tree industry for the past 8 years, I have to say Nat Geo found the group of idiots who give the rest of us a bad name. These dummies do not know how to cut trees correctly, they have no control of the situation and they are ignorantly proud of them selves. I wouldn’t give them one hour to hang with my crew! They are a frustrating shame to watch on television.

3. Bob
    December 27, 2013, 8:53 am

Great show. Hope to see a second season real soon!!

4. Bob smith
    Connecticut
    January 2, 2014, 7:22 pm

Michael DeLia last time I checked Connecticut is in New England and big bad wood is a great show

5. Gene Sligar
    WV
    January 17, 2014, 3:55 pm

When I first saw the show, I thought these crews started last month with no training. Great training videos for how NOT to do it. These people make my crew cringe when watching, because they can see exactly what’s about to happen. They all claim to have years of experience but I don’t know how they could survive a week without injury or loss of reputation. No wonder insurance is so hard to come by.

6. Barry Peloquin
    Pomfret CT. 06259
    February 9, 2014, 6:08 pm

i dont understand how these companies were selected, for the producers of this show, i would love to do a show even cutting in winter time. we have a big job now in sharon ma. my email is listed . feel free to call or email.

7. Barry Peloquin
    February 14, 2014, 12:25 am

still waiting

8. Mark Davis
    WV
    March 19, 2014, 3:09 pm

Totally agree with Michael, Ashley and Gene. And a big “LOL” to Barry. These four companies better hope that prospective customers don’t watch NGC. Sure wish that NatGeoTV would change their approach. They have a lot of interesting material, but have to make everything a soap opera and show people at their worst.