Meet Life Below Zero’s Big Eskimo Family

Meet the Hailstones – one large Alaskan family who all follow the Inupiat Eskimo ways of life.

Chip Hailstone, 43, and his native Inupiaq wife Agnes, 41, live with their seven children on Alaska’s Kobuk River, 19 miles north from the Arctic Circle. Their tiny, isolated town of Noorvik has a population of less than 700, most of whom are Inupiaq. Learning to hunt and fish at a young age, Chip traveled to Alaska 25 years ago to visit – and never left.

The family lives entirely off the land, in accordance with Agnes’ Eskimo heritage. They subsiding by hunting, fishing and gathering raw material, moving seasonally to track down the best hunt. Reliant on weather, available materials and the flow of nature, the entire Hailstone clan pitches in to help gather resources: hunting, fishing, skinning, tanning, and crafting the animal remains including skin, teeth and bones to make arts and crafts to sell. Chip weathers extreme temperatures to hunt for sustenance, venturing out in temperatures as low as -40°.”What can I say? It’s all about food,” Chip says. “The hunting’s about food, the fishing’s about food, the interactions with the folks around here are about food.”

In tonight’s Life Below Zero, Agnes departs on a hunt for Oogruk, Alaska’s largest species of ice seal, off the remote Kotzebue sound. The Hailstones hunt many kinds of animals, including bear, caribou, bison and walrus, and Oogruk meat and oil can serve as essential sources of energy for Hailstone clan in the cold of winter. With Chip absent and Agnes’ eldest children John and Tingmak going hunting in his place, Agnes brings along her eldest son, John, and eldest daughter Tingmak in Chip’s absence, catching Oogruk won’t be easy. And with the harsh winter climate approaching fast, the Hailstones can’t afford to go home empty handed.

Get to know Noorvik, the remote town the Hailstones call home:

Catch an all-new Life Below Zero tonight at 10P.

Comments

1. buck owen
    kotzebue
    November 14, 2013, 3:36 am

Doug is the oldest son of the Hailstones, he has his own family and hunts for a living, hes married to my cousin Gloria. Jon also has his own family and is an accomplished Hunter too.

Go Agnes!! Were loving the Kotz shots and Victor too!!!

2. buck owen
    November 14, 2013, 3:41 am

Chip cant hunt Seals, but I have seen him hunting Eiders in the Ice Pack with his boys, and Victor is on of the best Sealers here in Kotzebue, Im suprized he just drove that boat, he’s an excellent shot too. Why dont they show them hooking the Seal from the bottom withthe fishfinder? they do that all the time, never seen them fail, maybe for drama? Editors hahahahahah!!!

3. buck owen
    November 14, 2013, 3:42 am

Theres no Bison around anywhere, I know Chip and them all hunt Muskox, now that is delicious meat, fit for a feast.

4. Yvette Plouffe
    Rhode Island, New England coast
    November 17, 2013, 12:25 pm

What a wonderful family!!!! We so enjoy watching how you people live off the land. Looks like a difficult but rewarding life. We admire you!

5. Donna
    New Orleans
    November 20, 2013, 12:40 am

Hands down my favorite show! My dad would always tell me to find a job I loved and I would never work a day in my life. This show is based on that very belief!
    Long live the pioneering spirit!

6. Sherri Jones
    North Carolina
    November 20, 2013, 7:28 pm

So enjoy seeing the values you instill in your family. Your positive attitude about life’s challenges is inspiring. Thank you for doing this show. You are a family to be admired.

7. Terri Jacobs
    November 21, 2013, 10:37 pm

Do your kids go to school? Do they stay there & live once they are grown or do they move away? Do any of them want to go to college?

8. James Bruce
    November 22, 2013, 3:33 pm

I love watching the show and it’s amazing how you guy’s hunt and fish, especially when you have to risk your life to cross the frozen ice and not knowing if it’s any rewards on the other side that’s worth it.
    The only problem I do have with the show is how some of the cast members are always talking down about the lower 48 States, Alaska is a beautiful place but on the other hand Alaska has a serious drug problem with hard core drugs and the biggest problem of all alcoholism with the Islanders and Alaska has the highest crime rate in the country when it comes to rape, domestic violence and men murdering women and those are crimes that a beautiful scenery can’t cover up.

9. buck owen
    November 23, 2013, 12:17 am

You can bet we have all the problems that they have down south, but we dont have homless people, no one gos hungry, no one is forgotten. Money can buy anything here, but it takes a lot of it. Car accidents are rare, because cars are….in comparason, and since we have so few people here, nearly everyone is a percentage point on some graph. In a village of 200 , the flu can effect 30 people, 15% of the population, makeing itthe highest concentration of epidemic proportions, but its just not accurate….

All the kids in the borough have to go to school, that is why the Hailstones stay in Noorvik for the winters, and Chip and Agnes work out of there. A lot of people move to camps in the spring and summer, Chip and Agnes do too.

I dont know about the kids going tocollage but their oldest daughter took a class to get commercial boat permit with friends of mine, and I know she travels to the lower 49 alot too. I am sure the older kids are all high school graduates and with a lot of homeschooling when people could do that.

If you want to send them a letter, send it to Chip and Agnes noorvik Ak, 99763 the tiny village post office will know them

look on facebook, maybe they have a page

10. larry durrer
    U.S.A
    November 26, 2013, 11:20 am

I can sort of appreciate a family hunting to provide food and warmth and respect for nature,and I have always respected what National Geographic has stood for over the years ..but I have to say I have lost some of this respect when Natgeo runs around behind some blood thirsty trapper setting snares and leg traps and skinning a lynx in his living room.Is this how you show us to protect the planet? Shame on you!

11. Mona Palmer
    ok
    December 15, 2013, 3:11 pm

The Hailstones are by far my favorite family. Agnes teaching her children what she has been taught by her mother is awesome. Watching her encouraged me to buy an ulu. I love that knife. Lol. Use it daily. Thanks Agnes.

12. A different kind of girl
    Oklahoma
    March 15, 2014, 4:48 pm

Agnes, girl you rock. Love the teachings you are providing your children. Love the fact that you learned your crafts from your mother as well. You are an inspiration to all mothers who are preparing their children for different phases of life. Your work ethics are commendable. With the knowledge and love you and Chip provide your family will be prepared for most of life’s challenges. The Hailstones are my favorite. God Bless You!

13. ThomasFlickinger
    PA/USA
    March 27, 2014, 8:06 pm

Like watching Chip and Agnes on the hunting trips. Agnes can really use those Mosin Nagants. Traveling from spot to spot hunting and camping, what away of life. The fishing with the girls is great. Watching them develop skills is really neat to see. You could have just stayed at home and lived on welfare. You choose to WORK at providing your food not waiting for a hand out. Good for you guys, You ROCK.

14. Charlotte Marie vancil
    st. clair Missouri
    April 10, 2014, 10:08 pm

Agnes, if you dont mind me asking, would you be so kind as to tell me what your tattoo on your chin Stands for.

15. joy shaw-woods
    Fairfield Texas
    April 13, 2014, 12:53 pm

I love you’re family, I so envy you you’re lifestyle..I have been able to connect a little with my Native American culture by seeing how you all live…My husband wants to know what kind of gun does Agnes use to kill big game?…We think she’s awesome..

16. William Price
    California
    May 9, 2014, 8:12 pm

Chip calls himself a hunter, a hunter is someone who hunts.
    Not someone who waits for an animal to be in it’s most vulnerable position and then slaughters it !!!
    I’m talking about him and his wife and daughter shooting caribou from 3 feet away as they’re crossing a river.
    Also, there has to be a more humane way of killing a rabbit caught in a net than clubbing it to death. Ever think about using a .22 ?

17. Jim
    Ohio
    May 22, 2014, 8:59 pm

It’s great to see a world culture being preserved. Thank you Hailstone family.

18. dan
    lawrence mich
    May 23, 2014, 8:38 pm

Agnes what is your knife called.l love it.where could I get one

19. Jennifer
    Connecticut
    May 24, 2014, 8:11 pm

I agree with the reader who posted about the caribou hunt, that was disturbing. Seeing them eat off cardboard on their floor…ick.

20. Greg
    EAGLE RIVER, AK
    May 25, 2014, 12:45 am

It might be easy for a lot of you posting to bad mouth
    What happens here in the north but I’ve fought for this
    Country for almost ten years and I have seen and done
    Some things in the name of this country that can never
    Be forgiven. If you think humanity is about making the life
    Of an animal less painless by shooting it, or think events
    Like hunting should be more survival based and less
    Conventional know this, there’s a recruiting station, an in-
    Processing station and a whole different world that can
    Explain the difference about what life and death really is

21. Harry Ramos
    New Jersey
    June 1, 2014, 1:53 pm

I think the seal skin vest is awesome. I would actually love to own one made personally from Agnes. I wish she contacted me to sell one to me. I love the culture!

22. Robnoxious
    Canada
    June 2, 2014, 6:10 pm

Sad… what a waste of seals, shoot em and they sink…

23. Wayne
    Yachats, OR
    June 12, 2014, 9:58 pm

Thoroughly enjoy watching all of you every week. At our advanced age it is not something we could do with any good results, so we live through you all. I know we can’t send ammo, powder and primers by mail, but if you need new brass and bullets we would be more than happy, even have spare press and scales. Just a thought, we, and our friends share reloading items and work. If something comes to mind, please feel free to ask.

Keep up the great work and love the kids. God bless you all.

24. clint
    June 25, 2014, 6:59 pm

I wish I could spend just one season with them…..I love to hunt and trap in pa and would love to have chip teach me the Alaska way

25. Pride R. Collinsworth
    Tucson, Arizona
    July 5, 2014, 8:16 am

Chip and Agnes Hailstone bring the hunting experience to it’s basic level for any age group to understand. I particularly appreciated Chip’s candid comments that strip bare any illusion that hunting to survive is a walk in the park. As the Hailstone’s demonstrate; hunting is a gory, bloody business, but they bring to it a certain dignity that is most commendable.

Agnes’s exceptional skill in hunting can be admired by all, but it is her interaction with her children while teaching them the old ways that is a shining inspiration for any parent to emulate.

Last, but most assuredly not least. The love and respect Chip and Agnes demonstrate in the little things of their daily endeavors is truly unique and for a crusty old timer like me singularly heartwarming.

26. Coloradonative
    obvious
    August 28, 2014, 12:54 pm

Where can I purchase Agnes’s ULU? There are a lot to purchase, but I want that “Brand” if anyone knows?

27. Lee Davidson
    saint paul mn
    September 20, 2014, 9:25 am

you guys are the best

28. alton jones
    washington
    November 12, 2014, 12:34 am

I can’t believe the stupid, inane, and ignorant comments some earth worshipping cretins make about the Hailstones sometimes seemingly inhumane hunting methods. Some Native Alaskans
    show reverence after a kill–a practice that appeases the PETA
    crowd. The truth is that most wounded animals feel little
    to nothing after being mortally
    wounded. Their bodies are numbed by endorphins. Most
    hunters put the animal down
    quickly, and it matters little how as
    long as death ensues. My question is why isn’t reverence shown on
    such shows when a damn fish is caught, as if I actually care. LOL.

29. annie
    November 18, 2014, 10:07 pm

I know how hard hunting is, but Agnes can’t hit the broad side of a barn and the animal suffers for it, practice practice practice. before shooting an animal. It should be one or two shots, not 5,6, 7 and the daughters are starting hunting the same way, keep shooting the poor animal but not killing it. geesh

30. samuel w blacklock
    la puente california
    November 19, 2014, 7:17 pm

agnes you are the bomb a great role model as a mother and a credit to your people

31. susan
    Ontario
    November 25, 2014, 2:05 pm

I was saddened to see them shoot a seal and then let it sink. What a waste! Then to hear Agnes yelling at her son to shoot it shoot it, don’t let it sink!! Come on!! Agnes is a TERRIBLE shot….missed the swan, missed the caribou, etc. Then, after missing the swan she says “I sure would like to have some swan”. THEN LEARN TO SHOOT!!!
    Hunting to live is noble and necessary….she needs to learn a few things from her elders.

32. robin
    November 27, 2014, 4:23 pm

What does the tattoo on Agnes chin represent. Love the show.

33. JOHNNY
    TEXAS
    November 27, 2014, 8:42 pm

I WANT TO BUY AN ULU LIKE THE ONE THAT AGNES USES WHEN CUTTING UP MEAT… I HAVE A SMALL ONE I BOUGHT IN 1999 WHEN I WAS THERE… WHERE CAN I BUY ONE LIKE HERS???

34. creeper
    jumeira village circle
    November 30, 2014, 5:09 am

awesome!

35. creeper
    jumeira village circle
    November 30, 2014, 5:12 am

cool!

36. Les Jolley
    Albuquerque. NM
    December 2, 2014, 7:03 pm

My wife a nd I enjoy your show. I wish you (Agnes) had a good gun. I know that the mos that she uses is at least 100 years old. I would Send a weathered 300 mag if she could use it. It would make the long shots easier. I know the cost of 300 mag bullet s is about 50 bucks a box I would be willing to send 4 boxes. Do you want it?

37. Trey
    San Antonio Tx.
    December 4, 2014, 8:27 am

I love yalls family and the bond that y’all have I am going to move to Alaska very soon and would love to spend a year or two in yalls small little town hopefully I run I to tingmak I think she is so beautiful and she can shoot and skin a animal that’s a Texas mans dream lol

38. Mike
    Eau Claire, WI
    December 18, 2014, 11:48 pm

Watching this couple kill or wound anything in sight is a great example for their children. Whether Agnes is firing round after round of pot shots into giant herds of caribou or chip is doing his best not to poach on national television you both are truly a disgrace to hunters everwhere. I can’t imagine what this guy does when the cameras aren’t around. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this couple on an episode of Alaska State Troopers in the near future.

39. Lorenzo Cruz
    December 26, 2014, 11:32 am

I have hunted big game my entire life,from mountain goats to moose. I have also hunted these animals in very cold conditions. I am appalled at the way you and your family just open fire on game with no regard for where you shoot them. I saw one episode where you and your family opened fire on a herd of caribou. I think you got one but god only knows how many you wounded. I have several rifles the largest being a 300 weatherby very capable of taking game at ranges well over 600 yards, but i know my limitations. I never just start shooting because i see game. Please get some rifles that suit the game you are after,and learn to shoot

40. Lorenzo Cruz
    December 26, 2014, 11:45 am

Mike i posted about the same thing. These people should be in jail because of the way they just shoot and maim anything that moves. I have never in my life seen such disgraceful hunting. They need to learn how to shoot.

41. Dave Gale
    Calif.
    December 26, 2014, 1:52 pm

I may be wrong buy I believe Chip is not allowed to use a gun for legal reasons. Maybe he’ll chime in

42. Clyde Kelly
    ,Auburn,Indiana
    December 29, 2014, 12:54 am

Bless your family for keeping the century old traditions of hunting and respect for all living things. Where can people in the lower 48 buy your jewelry and knives? My wife would love to be a pen pal with someone in your family

43. Erik Toepke
    Menominee Michigan
    January 1, 2015, 12:21 am

SAVAGES! !!!.

44. Joey vardian
    Johnstown pennsylvania
    January 9, 2015, 5:59 pm

I think your family an it’s way of
    life is very interesting .it looks hard
    but honest .love to visit there some
    day to try it first hand .stay cool!!!!!

45. Jim carter
    California
    January 10, 2015, 2:46 pm

Have stopped watching wild justice . Listen to how sound is recorded the wild and unnecessary ridiculous mucus drowns out voices extremely bad.

46. Ronni Deam
    January 11, 2015, 11:31 am

I love how your family models family values and girl power! 🙂 I know I can’t be the only one who has wanted to know more about the Iñupiaq Eskimos because of the show – very educational on a lot of levels. Thanks for showing us your way of life.

47. lori bryngelson
    North Carolina
    January 25, 2015, 7:57 pm

I like Agnes,,too bad she`s married to an idiot. His blogs read like a 5th grader. Not just his spelling, his maturity level shows the same age. If that is the best representative they could find for his village,,,that`s sad.I also do not believe that he would ever make it without Agnes. Just my opinion.

48. Jewell
    southern usa
    January 28, 2015, 1:17 am

here’s a link i came across that has chip’s story about not being able to use weapons if anyone’s interested. just scroll down to the hailstone’s section. no matter what any of these people on the show have been through i absolutely admire their way of life.

49. chavella
    cedar rapids iowa
    March 27, 2015, 8:19 pm

Would really like to find out how I would contact agnas hailstone to order a pair of muclucks (boots) I know they sometimes make and sell their work I’m native american and really appreciate the skill it takes to make something like that I’m from Iowa in the lower 48 ,,,,,, and probably won’t make it to Alaska ,,,,Lol. !!

50. davendallas777
    dallas. tx
    April 9, 2015, 6:53 pm

Really like the show. Tough life. Makes me appreciate what i have. To the know it alls. There is a difference between hunting for sport and hunting to feed a family every day. Have s little understanding.

51. Douglas
    Ohio
    April 13, 2015, 7:40 pm

My wife and I would love to know the story behind how Chip and Agnes originallyet?

52. Swamp Jockey
    Florida Everglades
    April 17, 2015, 9:15 pm

For all the weeping hearts concerned about killing game that are vulnerable … this is NOT game or sport hunting. It IS SUBSISTANCE hunting. And they club the rabbits because clubs don’t cost anything and .22 ammo and a .22 gun are extremely expensive in their environs. It is all about survival for them, not providing the animal a sporting chance. You should try it sometime, to get the real taste of life in the wild and what it takes to survive with your hunting skills and your wits.

53. Lorri
    Detroit, Michigan
    April 25, 2015, 9:21 am

I really give you guys credit .. I watch this show and think, “what in the world makes people want to live like this??!!” Yet, I am always compelled to come back and tune in for the next episode … I can truly appreciate, now, the WHY part .. But still feel in my heart I wouldn’t survive a day if I had to plan & strategize every single day, the way you all do! It’s got to be a true gift of God, in this century! The scenery, landscape, etc., is truly amazing – some of the most beautiful & breathtaking in the world – and it would be nice to see it in person (Michigan is beautiful, too, but Alaska has SO much more) … But I don’t think I ever will be able to, so my HDTV views will have to suffice … God bless you all … You are VERY amazing people! Thank you for sharing your life with us!!

54. Steven Nontell
    Fort sskactewan Alberta
    May 2, 2015, 11:30 pm

Hi everybody…I am calling out as a dad that has grown in outdoors but had separated at a early age for my daughter ,,I love outdoor stuff but wound up I Alberta working 4 times harder then ever before to make ends meet for kids educations. I grew hunting trapping with close friends but it is rare that anyone does that now in Ontario Ca,. now .. I am wondering if you and your wife would apprentice a 16 year girl… I know it is a lot to ask but I want her to have a reality check for her age I have the most for your lifestyle….she(Calista ) is just in need of redirection,.THks

55. Richard Doricchi
    May 7, 2015, 7:52 pm

Where can you see and buy some of Agnes’s jewlrey

56. Rebecca J Trautloff
    knoxville,tn
    May 18, 2015, 7:43 pm

Chip is the Ideal Dad of the Century,I wish i had a dad like that….hus aim to make his girls non dependant on anyone but themselves will be a life saver some day,they might not know it yet but thats the love and care of a Real Dad…wish i could be there when the last one gets married.

57. TeresaTaylor
    Clearwater Florida
    May 19, 2015, 8:50 pm

I love seeing the Hailstones on the show! With that last name what nationality is Chip? I know he is not originally from Alaska and I was just curious!

58. Ted
    May 22, 2015, 1:29 am

So funny how many idiots post on here thinking the people on the TV show are reading and are going to answer your questions… or yeah, take in your 16-yr old daughter. Morons.

59. Jamie
    Wisconsin
    May 26, 2015, 9:57 pm

Don’t understand. If ur truly living off the land like ur comrades u would not b using drills and othe electrical equipment. Also r ur children going to school. Kind of important?

60. Rich
    LA
    June 21, 2015, 8:14 pm

Wish they could come down to S Ca to hunt seals. We have about an extra 10M of them.

61. Angela Ramey
    South Carolina
    December 9, 2015, 12:53 am

I love your show. The closeness of your family reminds me of how life should be. I have a question. What do the tattoo on the chin mean? I notice it on some women and not on others. I live learning about your culture and could not find anything on that. Thank you for reading this and please keep doing your show.

62. Allen Salzman
    Illinois
    December 9, 2015, 9:45 pm

Merry Christmas to the Hailstone Family.

All of America holds you in our affection and prayers.

Allen Salzman

63. lawwolfe
    Ashland Ky.
    December 13, 2015, 11:38 pm

I think it is disgusting that a person is so appalled by the lifestyle that Chip and Agnes live and the way they raise there children that he is cyber stalking them. Ive noticed on every web site I visit and read the comments there seems to be a person by the name of Mike, sometimes with a few variations to his user name but the same old tired story about how he is so appalled that Chip and Agnes were shooting caribou while swimming and the episode where they took eggs from wild nests. I dont get it. If you are that sickened and disgusted, dont watch the show. Get a life Mike if you had to live the way the Hailstones does, you might understand, but I doubt it. he seems to be the kind of person that likes to bitch just to hear himself bitch.

64. Alex
    Atlanta
    December 17, 2015, 7:51 am

I love the show and the Hailstone family is my favorite. The oldest daughter is hot too. Now for all the people critics. If it can’t out run you, it’s food. I hate when people talk about a humane way to kill an animal your going to eat…for God sakes you’re going to eat it not marry it! Those people wouldn’t last a day living a subsistence lifestyle. Good thing they were born nowadays other wise they would die of starvation because they didn’t kill and eat itty bitty bugs bunny, lol. If you don’t like it, don’t watch the show! Why waste ammo when you can kill something or someone by other means. Something we firmly believe in the Marine Corps. Pansy, lightweight, cup cake ass, entitled , sissified Americans make me sick!

65. Jeremiah
    Ca
    January 13, 11:34 pm

How about tooth brushes for all on the house!!

66. Sandy
    Wisconsin
    March 11, 1:31 am

I love the Hailstones! Chip is cool, but Agnes is a total badass & I think she is awesome! I love how cool & close they and their kids are. The Hailstones & Sue are the reasons I watch the show!

67. Tiravs
    April 8, 4:11 am

William price- you are the saddest thing for a human being I have ever seen, saying them hunting the animals in the rivers is not humane??? Does a bear give a shit if it humanly kills an elk in or out of a river??? No it doesn’t, hunting is all about great opportunities, so next time you go to order a steak at a restaurant how about you go kill the cow your going to get it from “humanly ” as you so eloquently put you stupid ass clown. Fucking moronic jackasses spouting their mouths about something they truly know nothing about…. Oh and FYI, I am not a hunter, I’ve never killed anything in my life but I have many friends who do, so don’t say I don’t know what I’m talking about, I know both sides of the story

68. Tiravs
    April 8, 4:39 am

Ok, I’m freaking out on this comment thing which is not good, I’m going to let pretty much all of you who comment about an animal suffering or the hunters on the show looking for a shot animal or not catching it…. First and foremost, a white male withe the proper tag that won by loto will always be cultivated no matter the obstacles put in front of him natural or government. But I’ll share pictures with you if you ask me, any time of “native land” net fishing and unnecessarily culling deer populations, and not even for the deer or horns (which a white man legally has to prove, just to keep the meat) with natives in northern Alberta they legally are allowed to net fish and hunt anytime of the year and their are physically no regulations to punish them for wasting. So a white may who shoots something meaning to kill it can get fined thousands of dollars trying to harvest an animal and failing. But a native is almost encouraged to go and net a hundred times more fish then they will ever take and throw away the waste with no ill effects, be able to hunt any day of the year, shoot 5 deer just so they can take the biggest one because they are lazy and will let the rest go to waste….. Yup, we did a real job taking this precious land from these eco friendly people…

69. Katherine
    Oregon
    April 9, 1:03 am

I love the Hailstones! Agnes you are to be admired as you teach your children about survival and pass down your stories, worth more than gold. Please make crafts. I know that many of us would buy from you.
    Chip you are a hard worker and a good dad, but try to be more patient with your kids and with Agnes. Respect your wife and hold her up high. Admire her as the mother of your children. You are fortunate to have her as your wife. 🙂

70. Kitty
    Maryland
    April 10, 8:25 am

I love this show and watch it when it’s on and on demand. I think you all are hard working and very unique. It shows your morals and values. I love that you make your children a part of all you do and teach them their ancestors ways. I know I could never survive there as I have so many health issues. Continue to do what you love and don’t worry about what people say they couldn’t walk one mile in your shoes. Chip and you have a beautiful family and I love what you do and think you have a great family

71. Ian McGillivray
    United Kingdom
    July 30, 2:40 am

Love Chip,Agnes and family,if i could choose a week to spend anywhere in the world i would choose Noorvic with the Hailstones

72. Mike Hicks
    Vermont
    August 9, 12:04 am

@.Buck Owen I like to asked you few questions about buying undeveloped land in Alaska. Since I’m not in the state at this time how would I go about finding some undeveloped land at a good price. Would you have any ideas, Thank you!!

73. Mike Hicks
    Soon to be beautiful Alaska.
    August 9, 12:08 am

Hello I seen where you can write to the Hailstones. I would love to ask chip few questions they are very kind to let people write to them and try to answer them. Thank you Buck Owen….

74. Bev westbury
    Texas
    August 14, 9:58 pm

Agnes I was wondering if you all your children at home or a hospital! Thank you I enjoy your show and love to c how skilled you are!

75. Maki Willard
    Nashville, tennessee
    August 28, 3:27 am

Love the show and applaude you, Chip and Agnes, for the beautiful way you do life and your dedication to teaching your children respect and honor and subsistence living! With our world changing hourly, the pull towards your Alaska and the last frontier grows stronger every day. I love the Hailstones and should i ever meet them on a trip to Alaska, it would be my great honoe. Carry On!!!

76. Maki Willard
    August 28, 3:30 am

*** correction: it would be my great HONOR …