Would You Survive An American Blackout?

No power, no phones, no water, and little hope. What would you do if your world went dark?

American Blackout tells the story of a catastrophic ten-day power outage that wipes out the U.S. After cyber criminals take out the nation’s power grid, American Blackout follows five groups – a group of students trapped in an elevator, two parents with young children, a wealthy New York couple, a family of Preppers and a teenager equipped with a video camera to document the wreckage – as they fight to adapt and survive without power.

With dwindling resources and increasing hysteria, would you make it through a ten-day blackout?

SurviveTheBlackout.com takes you on an in-depth interactive journey through ten days of a massive blackout. From testing your personalized preparedness skills to tracking the rising death toll, follow the blackout in real time as it unfolds and wreaks havoc on your world.

American Blackout Day 3

Watch the world premiere event of American Blackout on Sunday, October 27 at 9P.

Comments

1. Lynn
    Michigan
    October 26, 2013, 9:47 pm

We survived 10-11 days last year . No electricity, nada…after 2-3days it wasn’t so bad. Early to bed, up at day break, generator on for 3-4 hours per day for cooking and refrigeration, and heat. We were all set. We were one of the last to get our electricty back on,and we considered ourselves lucky.?

2. tim mcphillips
    wakeman ohio
    October 27, 2013, 12:29 pm

yes I would survive it. I have a diesel and a gasoline generator. I also have kerosene heaters, keep fuel on hand. I have a well for water and stock a years supply of food and guns and ammo. we have deer,rabbits,racoon, and wild turkeys here too.

3. Linda
    Virginia
    October 27, 2013, 8:35 pm

In watching this I know I am not prepared and that scares me

4. Stacy
    WI
    October 27, 2013, 8:37 pm

Yes we would survive a black out! We grow and raise or own heirloom veggies fruits and have fast small reproducing farm animals. Chicken pig goat sheep and ducks. I can and pressure cook at least 6 months of food to live of for the cold seasons. We are nothing like the peppers on Natgeo but we deff would be able to stand out our own. We live out in the country on the top of a hill, we would see any problems coming from 1 mile away. We are hoping to be putting up a hoop house soon for a CSA and also grow fish. We have ample water even without water and we have friend in next door.

5. big bill
    phoenix
    October 27, 2013, 11:37 pm

So many people not ready, this would be natural selection on a grand scale

6. big bill
    phoenix
    October 27, 2013, 11:41 pm

Our governmaent has been prepping for years, are you?

7. Ed McIntosh
    Fivefinger lighthouse Alaska
    October 27, 2013, 11:41 pm

Got all the food,water,power. To last .

8. scott hall
    California
    October 27, 2013, 11:56 pm

Great show. Can’t wait to see more with different types of scenarios. Maybe economic collapse.

9. Larry Zieminski
    California
    October 28, 2013, 12:50 pm

It amazes me how unprepared most of the country is. Is it a psychological thing that if you don’t prepare it won’t happen? I have been planning and preparing for a while now and I am amazed at how others think I am an extremist.
    I enjoyed the show, but I was surprised at the Colorado family breaking their bunker. The fuel storage will need to be relocated. All in all I found the show very informative.

10. Stuart Stephens
    colorado
    October 28, 2013, 4:09 pm

I have food and serveral water sorces lots of game and wepons only thing I am low on would be fuel

11. Kashif
    Pakistan
    November 15, 2013, 12:08 pm

Wow, our nation is prepare for any blackout, because in my country peoples face daily 8 to16 hours power load shedding :), So thanks to our corrupt leaders and bureaucracy. aah one more thing we also face natural gas load shedding regularly. because here 65% vehicles runs on CNG and 90% cooking stoves of country runs on natural gas. we are the ultimate survival nation.. 😉

12. Andrea