Prepper Dogs

For prepper Alex, the ultimate weapon is a pack of Slovakian German Shepards. Not only can they guard against intruders, but they each act as an alarm system, companion, and hunter. To Alex, the dog is all these important things in one, something that technology can’t replicate. It’s his choice defense because, as he says, “the batteries aren’t going to go out and the dog is not going to jam or run out of ammunition like a weapon.”

Tune in to Doomsday Preppers: People Become Animals tonight at 9P.

Comments

1. Alex Dunbar
    CQB K-9 Colorado
    September 14, 2013, 5:20 pm

It was a pleasure to work with Sharp Entertainment to show what my dogs’ are capable of. For more information, please see my website http://www.cqbk9.com

2. Amelia
    September 29, 2013, 3:14 am

Wow that’s very cool! I agree with you there is nothing better then a K9 for protection. I have two dogs now, I had to put my third one down but even as the vet gave her the needle I could see she loved how I calmly stroked her head for the last few minutes of her life! You could see she was just happy that I could be there with her. so yes I do see how you could love dogs so much they are all a person really needs.

3. kilauea "shutteye knock" awo
    hawaii
    October 13, 2013, 1:12 pm

im a prepper, i love the show, good doggy episode! cant wait for the new season. by the way i made a “preppers anthem”! check it out guys!

Learn how to place music on itunes at ReverbNation.com

4. Dee
    WI
    October 19, 2013, 1:22 pm

Being an animal lover and a prepper on a water budget I see the necessity for an animal companion/alarm system. Our animals can be used for not just an alarm system but during the winter as sled dogs or during the summer as cart dogs. One may also wish to consider that the fur on many dogs, collies, samoyeds, newfoundlands (any dog with a longer undercoat) can be spun and woven into blankets and clothes. Even the everyday skill of knitting and crochet would be useful.

5. https://sites.google.com/site/marinercoffee/
    December 4, 2013, 9:02 pm

The major issue we need to focus on is electronic voting. Get that out. Here is info on privacy. http://goo.gl/SROuOn

6. john
    pa
    December 17, 2013, 6:01 pm

I am a k9 trainer. I trained for both Belgium ring, which anyone know knows anything about the k9 world knows it takes the most courage and the most brains to compete in. Dogs are put through the absolute worse of conditions and still have to perform. That being said after watching the poor performance of those dogs I can say without a doubt I could easily enter your property and probably have your dogs on a leash by the time I get there. First of all the dogs are not exposed to enough people to build up such a high comfort level that a person cannot scare them. Secondly they are not poisoned proof. Believe me one spicy meatball and your dogs are dead. I can go on and on how your dogs are lacking in performance. I quite literally worked with dogs that stood on a line of fire , having have to have buckets of water poured on them so they don’t catch fire and they didn’t let go of the bite. You can put all the metal in the mouth you want it don’t increase bite strength. Just incredible breeding and great training does that. If you are relying on the dogs you showed on tv your truly in bad shape.

7. Prepper Dogs | Extreme Survival Guide
    November 17, 2014, 4:01 pm

[…] Prepper Dogs – Nat Geo TV Blogs – For prepper Alex, the ultimate weapon is a pack of Slovakian German Shepards. Not only can they guard against intruders, but they each act as an alarm system …… […]

8. Preppers Dog Food | Extreme Survival Guide