Teeth Like Razors

Caught in the Act is all about being at the right place at the right time. When catching the natural world on film, sometimes it takes years to capture the rare and spectacular moments that remind us how amazing nature truly is. In it’s fifth season, Caught in the Act is an absolute adrenaline rush, reliving the close encounters of professional and amateur film makers who travel into these remote and wild locations.

Tonight on Caught in the Act travel to Cozumel, Mexico and witness through the eyes of sport diver, Paul Mila, the true power of the barracuda otherwise known as the tigers of the sea.

Their razor-sharp teeth, which face both forwards and backwards, make it impossible for fish to escape their grips and they can rip prey to shreds in a matter of mere seconds. These snaggle-tooth creatures have been around for more than 50 million years. With torpedo-like bodies and small, smooth scales, the barracuda can swim in bursts of up to 25 miles per hour. Try swimming away from that fish!

Watch Paul Mila’s close encounter and other Caught in the Act moments tonight at MON JUN 17 10PM ET

Comments

1. Carla
    Ohio
    June 19, 2013, 1:29 pm

Great episode
    Loved Fiona part at the end !

2. Susan Webster
    Massachusetts
    June 21, 2013, 2:14 pm

Please, please show more rescues from Hope for Paws! Fiona’s rescue is totally amazing, but there are so many more you could show!! Please??

3. Mrs Patricia Mitchell
    United Kingdom
    June 21, 2013, 2:50 pm

I have been trying to find the Caught in the Act, Episode/Zombie Fish relating to Eldad Hagar pet rescues, in the UK, but can’t find when it’s showing. Could you please tell me if it is going to be shown here. I am amongst a number of people who would dearly love to see the programmes in the UK. Can you help us please. \many thanks, Pat Mitchell.

4. Sharon Drouet
    Southern California
    June 21, 2013, 3:24 pm

I hope you show more rescues of the Hope for Paws segments, Fiona’s episode was great I hope you share more of the fabulous video rescues of Hope For Paws.

5. Joanne Evans
    Oshawa, Ontario Canada
    June 22, 2013, 1:52 pm

I really wanted to see this segment but it was not on Rogers Cable in my area. There is a day of Caught in the Act programs today, but not this particular episode. My family and I love to watch rescues of dogs/cats particularly, but other species as well. I am sure you could come up with programming for rescues from around the world that would be very popular. Please consider and let me know when this episode showing Fiona’s rescue will be showing in my area. Thank you.

6. Thomas Guyer
    Florida
    June 25, 2013, 4:27 am

Please show more rescues from Hope for Paws! The episode on Fiona was fascinating and there are many more rescues they have to show the world.

7. Lisa Cooper
    Japan
    June 25, 2013, 8:34 pm

Can not get enough of Eldad and Hope for Paws! Please keep showing the world!

8. Lorraine Frost
    Ontario, Canada
    June 30, 2013, 10:04 am

Puh-leese show more Hope for Paws videos – we all need to be aware of these sick and homeless dogs!!!

Lets give them a “forever home”!!

Lorraine