Mexican Prison Escape

In 1972, surfers Mike Cooke, Mace Stanley and their high school buddy are sailing down the west coast of Mexico looking for adventure. Seduced by an offer of $10,000 each, they get involved in a doomed venture to transport more than a ton of weed back to the states by yacht with two smugglers. After a shipwreck leaves them washed up on a deserted beach with their precious cargo floating in every direction, they wind up in a Mexican prison. Ever optimistic it’s not long before they hatch a plan to dig their way to freedom – even though the whole place is made of concrete. After torturous months of digging, and several disasters, they finally make it out. Will they make it back to the States, or has it all been for nothing?

Tune in to Locked Up Abroad: Mexican Prison Escape tonight at 10P.

Comments

1. Mace
    Los Angeles
    May 15, 2013, 9:15 pm

Return to Mexico!

2. John Kaperowski
    May 15, 2013, 9:29 pm

I have no sympathy for drug pushers. They deserve any treatment and punishment they get

3. Bryant Phillips
    Ossining, New York
    May 20, 2013, 9:35 pm

What I came on this website to find out was, what happened to cause the shipwreck in the episode “Mexican Prison Escape”? In the episode it was very vague, and at first I thought their sailboat had hit a Cargo Freight Liner, a whale, or ran aground on a Sand Bar. Also was there a storm? Maybe it was a couple rogue waves? I am just confused and curious. I know that if I were transporting a TON of weed on a sailboat, I would have a rotating shift of people sleeping and captaining the boat(and constantly being on alert and checking compass direction, wind speed, weather etc.). I realize that at night, on the ocean, it is pitch black and you cant see your hand in front of your face, but in the episode it was like everyone smoked a giant “cannon” of a weed joint, drank 6 beers and all passed out together. Thanks for any insight into what really happened.

4. Kiki Fawkes
    Orange County, California
    May 27, 2013, 3:12 am

Hey Mace….was also and ordained minister and married my brother and his first wife on a boat going around the harbor. Sill have the picture of us both in black….it was a fun day.
    Guess we have all grown up since those days. I remember you telling me you escaped from a Mexico prison and that you dug your way out. I thought your tried it a few times before you were successful?

5. Ryan
    Canada
    May 30, 2013, 2:16 pm

These guys are my heros.. they came together as a team with such bravery and courage when it was most needed and did something that is damb near a miracle.. RESPECT to all these people.. im glad your all here

6. Pete
    England
    August 13, 2013, 3:11 pm

The worst one I seen.A tunnel like that dirt under the bed.Come on please.lol