We’re almost halfway into the season and Captain Dave Carraro of FV-Tuna.com is on top of the Wicked Tuna Leaderboard with catches valuing $23,864. The Bounty Hunter is trailing far behind in fifth place, with just $4,100. But this week, it looks like their luck might change when they hook a big one. But with the onslaught of Googans polluting their waters, these novice “weekend warriors” might just cost the Bounty Hunter this precious catch.

Tune in to Wicked Tuna: Sweet Smell of Revenge this Sunday at 9P and be sure to hit the leaderboard to vote for your favorite boat! Right now, Captain Dave Marciano’s Hard Merchandise is the fan-favorite by a long-shot; but the boat fell to fourth place in value last week when The Christina came out on top. Will the Hard Merchandise be able to reclaim their place on the tuna podium this week? Tune in to find out!

Comments

1. Martin
    Chicago
    March 3, 2013, 8:50 pm

Love the show! Just one question – how do you know which tuna to spear? There are size limits, right? And once your spear them they are good as DEAD :)

2. Lars A Johnson
    Washington
    March 3, 2013, 9:53 pm

This so called Wicked Tuna show is such a phony, scripted, and stupidly childish hour of TV. It will be blocked from my TV from now on. When showing so called Googan’s cutting lines and such at least match the weather conditions. This may be worse than Axe men fighting all the time an those gold miners also.

Show a real time non scripted show. This is what’s wrong with this country.

3. John Force
    Massachusetts
    March 4, 2013, 7:12 am

Last night was the last I can stand this show. I will be fishing out of Cape Ann this year and am now having second thoughts. I hape its the show that prtrays you guys like they are and you are not relly like that. You do it for a living and you have more rights. Kiss my A S S. On one hand you complain because a recreational weekender “is on your numbers” You do this to make a living and boast contributing to sustainability. Sure I sell my fish to the Japanes who could care less about
    that. This show prtrys you like a bunch of jerks. You are being played like cheap record. They portray you like jerks then show commercials how the fishery is in jeoperdy. You are shooting yourself in the foot. How is it you do this for a living and only catch one fich every thee weeks and you have a $200,000 boat???

4. Ted
    Pennsylvania
    March 4, 2013, 4:42 pm

So you star in a show that draws attention to fishing in your area. Then you complain that there are too many people fishing in your area. The more you promote the show, the more googans you’ll have. This isn’t rocket science.

5. Barbara Morrow
    Oregon, United States
    March 4, 2013, 8:09 pm

I have 3 fishermen from the Deadliest Catch who want to try their hand at BF tuna. How do I get them started?

6. Rodriguez
    virgin islands
    March 7, 2013, 10:40 am

completely scripted, asides from Marciano they are all rich priks that dont really have to work and can afford a boat. There should be a pool on how much pot is burned on the pin wheel

7. David
    Clearlake Oaks, California
    March 7, 2013, 9:50 pm

The scene where the punks on the pinwheel threw waterballoons into the wheel house of the Bounty Hunter Can be construed as wreckless endangerment, as the balloon that entered the wheel hous could have easily shorted out the entire electrical sytem of the boat, possibly even starting a fire that could have ended in loss of life, In California, film footage of that incident would have ended in permanent loss of commercial fishing license, confiscation of the pinwheel, and 5 years jail, and a $5000 fine for every one that threw a balloon. Had that happenned to me I would have probably gone to prison after firing every very flare i had on board straight into the pinwheels cabin, That kind of BS here can and has gotten people killed!!! Marciano had every right to retaliate on the dock, and the harbor master that banned him should have banned the pinwheel instead.

8. Zman
    rhode Island
    March 7, 2013, 9:50 pm

I love fishing — stripers, blues, cod and tuna. I watched the show religiously, even re-runs, until the group from from Pinwheel showed up. They behave like a bunch of rich college brats and I have sworn off watching the show. These fishermen’s lives depend on what they catch. These jerks on Pinwheel have and deserve no respect. Email me when you’ve dropped them from the show and I will start watching again.

9. Skatcat
    Lancaster, PA
    April 22, 2013, 7:45 am

You Tuna fisherman are all a bunch of d-bags. Googans? Well you are a TURD.. THAT trumps a Googan any day. You do NOT own the open ocean and ANYONE has the right to fish ANYWHERE they want to SON. I hope that a bunch of Googans bitch jump you in a damn alley and give you the freaking beat down you so richly deserve. You are a whining little bitch. You are all just like the new england lobster bitches who think that they also own the ocean because somebody in the familys past started laying lobster pots in a certain location so by GOD that section of ocean is THEIRS. Are all of you New England fisherman completely retarded?

10. K G
    OR
    August 5, 2013, 11:49 am

These guys think they own the ocean…. choose another job if you can’t share the water! These guys yelling at sport fishermen is getting old…..I wonder what name the googans have for you greedy a–holes.