Christmas is finally here, and what better way to celebrate the holidays than Pol style? The entire family gets to work getting the house ready for Christmas, while Dr. Pol and Charles also take the time to reflect on all the great moments in the past year, and all the exciting stories that are still to come in The Incredible Dr. Pol.

Dr. Pol and Charles kick start the preparations by hunting for the perfect tree to decorate and display in the living room. Returning triumphantly, Diane helps guide the two men and their prized tree into the house. After sorting through a tangle of Christmas lights, it’s come time to decorate the tree. After some coaxing, Dr. Pol and Charles help Diane with their annual tradition of decorating the tree with ornaments that have special meaning to the whole family.

Throughout all this Dr. Pol and Charles take the time to look back at all the crazy weather, animals, and farm calls that have been most memorable to them. From surviving a potential tornado, to being a part of birthing several live calves, they sure have been through a lot. However, at this time of year, what really shines through is the sense of community found in the farmers and pet owners of central Michigan, and the way in which the Pol family and clinic staff bond together to help support those people that depend on them most.

Tune into The Incredible Dr. Pol: Jingle Pols December 25th at 8P

Comments

1. geno
    ca.
    December 25, 2012, 8:07 pm

Im from the farm, just wondering if dr. pol thourht of saving the dead calf after birth to use on another calf that can b purchased from the dairy farms. just so that the cow will raise a calf instead of waiting another year? this also will help the first time cow to complete her cycle n be in better condition for breeding time. sometimes i had to skin the dead calf and tie it on the new calf to get the young cow to accept the new calf.just a home remedy thats works!!!

2. Terri
    El Paso,Tx
    December 26, 2012, 6:04 pm

I really liked Border Wars but with the new narrator it makes it seem as if I’m watching The Dukes of Hazard or Redneck fishing and takes away from the danger the agents go through while they patrol our border. Oh and the background music has to go .Thanx

3. Katrina
    Ohio
    January 1, 2013, 6:40 pm

I am appalled that NatGeo would put their name to such a terrible representation of veterinary medicine. The lack of sterility, lack of diagnostics, and lack of medical knowledge is horrifying.

4. Karina
    Fullerton, Ca
    January 2, 2013, 11:14 pm

I am usually a fan of most shows that NatGeo puts out however this is not the case with Dr. Pol. I understand that medicine may be practiced differently in Minnesota than California, but we are talking about “old medicine.” I became a vet tech to help animals in every way possible and I am appalled at the techniques used on this show. Thanks to this show we now have clients wanting bad medicine for their pets!! What is not expressed on the show is the consequences that his methods may have on a patient. To advise owner to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide, esophagus damage. What ever happen to pain management and proper anasthesia for surgeries. I can keep on going but hopefully you get the point!! NatGeo please do your research and take your name off this show!!

5. Sharon
    Grand Rapids MI
    January 3, 2013, 12:53 am

I LOVE DR POL He is so dedicated as well as his staff.Hes old school…and has been around and saved many an animal’s life over the 30 plus yrs of his practice.Im too far away to have him for my dogs vet but if I was in his area Id be a client.Just beacuse he isnt JUST out of Vet Med School doesnt make him incapable of handling even the hardest of cases.Plus its light humor and his happy disposition brightens my Sat nights..Any one from west Mi ready for a road trip to Dr Pol country?????smile

6. Kat
    San Diego
    January 6, 2013, 3:26 pm

We watched part of an episode of The Incredible Dr. Pol show for the first time last night and it was horrifying. It was the one with the dachshund that had the fatty tumor. His lack of respect for the dogs on this episode was appalling. He is rough, cold, and unsanitary. I would never take my pet to him or his staff. Please take this show off the air immediately.

7. Heidi
    Windsor, CT
    January 12, 2013, 10:46 am

Kat, Karina and Katrina? How imaginative. Large animal and rural veterinary is not a glamour profession. Just because Dr. Pol seems detached doesn’t mean that he is. I would take my animals to him in a heartbeat. KKK, if you are a vet, you need to get out in the field.

8. Richard Fradera Pol
    Raleigh NC
    January 13, 2013, 9:29 pm

I was looking though my TV and i came
    up with ur show iam not a big animal lover
    but i notice was ur name iwas told that the
    name Pol was or is one family just wondering
    if u are relatived in one or a other i lke to no

9. Vince
    Gaylord, Michigan
    January 13, 2013, 10:25 pm

We had a vet like him close to here, old school and reasonably priced. The local vets all teamed up and filed complaints, didn’t have to prove a thing, and finally run her off . She was sanctioned by the state of michigan and finally lost her license… Vets and bleeding hearts do not need to prove a thing to cause problems for a vet… If they pulled this crap on a regular MD they would be owing him all their money for the rest of their life!

10. Kat
    San Diego
    February 8, 2013, 6:23 pm

Heidi- I have no idea who Karina and Katrina are and I am not a vet (don’t even know any vets personally) just a caring person. It doesn’t matter where or how big a veterinary service is, there is no excuse for treating pets with disrespect and the unsterilized methods he uses. You are quite welcome to take your animals to him, but he would never be my choice.

11. Gonni de Ruiter
    Arnhem, the Netherlands
    December 26, 2013, 11:04 am

Geachte dr.Pol,
    Na het zien van uw programma op Nat.Geogr. ben ik benieuwd of u familie van mij bent.
    Mijn moeder Maria Pol, inmiddels 93 jaar, is met name heel benieuwd of u een kleinkind bent van Andries Pol en Trijn ?.
    Bent u een zoon van Gerard Pol?Mijn oude moeder is een dochter van Hendrik Pol, wellicht is uw opa, Andries Pol, een broer van Hendrik Pol ( de vader van mijn moeder).
    Wanneer wij uw films/foto’s zien, zien wij veel gelijkenissen met het uiterlijk van onze Pol-familie!
    Graag wachten wij met belangstelling op uw antwoord.
    Vriendelijke groet,