Just a year and a half after President Obama ordered the raid that ended the longest manhunt in American history and took down al-Qaeda’s notorious leader, Americans can now see for the first time in a full-length feature film how it all went down in SEAL TEAM SIX: THE RAID ON OSAMA BIN LADEN.

When the rumored whereabouts of Osama bin Laden are revealed, the CIA readies a team of seasoned U.S. Navy SEALs for the mission of a lifetime. Despite inconclusive evidence that bin Laden is inside the compound, and ignoring the possible ramifications of an unannounced attack on Pakistani soil, the Pentagon orders the attack. The SEAL Team bands together to complete their mission of justice and performs every one of their duties courageously, leading up to a riveting final showdown.

SEAL TEAM SIX: THE RAID ON OSAMA BIN LADEN is produced by the Academy Award®-winning producer of THE HURT LOCKER Nicolas Chartier. From The Weinstein Company and John Stockwell, the director of INTO THE BLUE, TURISTAS and CRAZY/BEAUTIFUL, the film stars Cam Gigandet, Anson Mount, Freddy Rodriquez, and Xzibit.

Don’t miss the World Premiere of National Geographic Channel’s very first feature-length film inspired by true events—SEAL TEAM SIX: THE RAID ON OSAMA BIN LADEN—SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 4, only on the National Geographic Channel.

Watch the Trailer on Yahoo.com now »

Comments

1. Brandon
    Reno
    October 5, 2012, 2:43 pm

Airing 2 days before the election, and we are not supposed to believe your intent is to influence the election? You must think we are idiots!

2. Steve Nellett
    Ohio
    October 5, 2012, 3:06 pm

Shame on you, using our heros in such a transparent ploy to win votes for the incumbent administration.

3. Christine Young
    Massachusetts
    October 5, 2012, 4:31 pm

Totally inappropriate to be airing this movie 2 days before the election. (Created by an Obama bundler) I note also Obama Warren all over the NGO site so I think your politics are revealed. You are a form of media and I imagine my attachment to you has met it’s end.

4. Jeff C
    Chicago IL
    October 5, 2012, 5:26 pm

This is a political statement if I have ever seen one!!!! The decision makers at this network should be ashamed of themselves!!! Air this 2 or 3 weeks earlier and no one has a problem!!!!

5. Jeff C
    Chicago IL
    October 5, 2012, 5:28 pm

what ever happened to the unbias of the people in power??

6. Kevin
    dallas tx
    October 5, 2012, 5:29 pm

Really? You are going to show this a couple of days before the election? Why not the day after? Looks like someone wants to help Obama out!!!!

7. frances williams
    j'ville
    October 5, 2012, 6:10 pm

Really? You’re gonna run this on November 4th? Don’t make like that wasn’t a political decision. Why not run it Nov. 7th? Looks suspect to me…..

8. Libby
    mid-west
    October 5, 2012, 11:10 pm

I disappointed and disgusted, that another network has fallen victim to politics. The timing of this movie is, clearly, politically motivated. Why would this not be aired on the anniversary of the event, rather than two days before an election? It’s dishonest and disgraceful. I have requested that Infinity no longer carry the National Geographic channel.

9. Mark Jasinski
    Washington
    October 6, 2012, 12:52 am

Two days before the Presidential election, huh? The timing of this viewing is so blatantly political. Why do politics have to color everything including one of our favorite channels? No more watching National Geographic Channel for our family. I wish we could remove it from our cable subscription.

10. Raymond Babcock
    Topeka Kansas
    October 6, 2012, 7:15 am

we were juutified in ending binladen even with out 911 he was a terroist

11. Scott Rhoades
    Atlanta, Georgia
    October 6, 2012, 8:22 am

Goodbye, Nat-Geo; it’s been nice. You’ve crossed the line. You have transitioned from educational to political with the upcoming Bin Laden segment. I’m really ashamed of you. I honestly thought you had more class.

12. David Gichner
    Tennessee
    October 6, 2012, 10:06 am

I am wondering what your programers are trying to accomplish by airing The Raid on Osama Bin Laden two days before the presidential election. Also, this film will probably inflame Al Qieda and other radical groups. The timing of this progam is ill advised.

13. Sandra Carder
    October 6, 2012, 11:03 am

Really getting tired of educational institutions venturing into political waters. Nat’l Geographic has been a respected organization with the mission of bringing the world to it’s viewers / readers to educate them on areas, places, people they might not otherwise have access to – given their location. I grew up with Nat’l Geo. Now, they pull this clearly political stunt because they favor one candidate over another – well – there it all goes. Please save the “we are trying to get ahead of the upcoming movie” because guess what – they even had the clear thought to push their release after the election to solidify that they are presenting an objective view of the raid. I don’t have to watch your version because given is it going to be aired just days before the election & the head of Nat’l Geo is quoted as stating it focuses on all the ‘danger’ the decision held – I know exactly what angle the movie will be presenting. Not educational, not focused on the real men involved, but a political statement to boost the President. No thanks.

14. Pablo H
    Texas
    October 6, 2012, 2:16 pm

Harvey Weinstein, of the Weinstein Company that made this film, is a major Obama contributor. The fact that this film was rushed to be put on NGC on November 4 — 2 days before the election — is obviously being done for purely political reasons. I have been a big fan of the National Geographic Channel, and hate to see it being brought into the political arena.

15. freddy
    Virginia
    October 6, 2012, 6:01 pm

I thought that Nat Geo was not politically involved! How dishonest to broadcast a politically motivated film by Harvey Weinstein…a clearly Dem big money supporter. Shame on Nat Geo. Time to canx a 40 year subscription.

16. Kathy
    October 6, 2012, 11:07 pm

How does this help Obama out? Are you worried it will sway undecided voters? Most people already know who they’re voting for and nothing Obama or Romney does short of doing or saying something shockingly, devastatingly evil, will change their minds. Stop being paranoid.

17. Ron Coleman
    Kentucky
    October 7, 2012, 12:58 pm

For your information, if you show anything to help Obama, I will consider you being a democrat channel and I will never tune in again. I will boycott all advertisers you have as well.

18. Therese
    Atlanta ga
    October 7, 2012, 7:35 pm

Is this another cheap way to get votes for re electing the sitting pres?

19. colleen
    virginia
    October 7, 2012, 10:11 pm

Showing this movie two days before the election is irresponsible television because it is obvious what the intent is. If this movie is shown I will never watch this channel again.

20. Remy
    DC
    October 9, 2012, 2:18 am

I notice most of the paranoid whining is coming from southern fly over states. All the same ones that whine about taxes, yet demand government help the moment a tornado or hurricane blows their house down.

21. Remy
    October 9, 2012, 2:19 am

Also if I remember correctly Nat Geo is owned by Fox.

22. Rob
    LA
    October 9, 2012, 8:49 pm

Sorry, NGC. I forgot to ask “is this Fair?”

23. Rob
    LA
    October 9, 2012, 9:16 pm

And u, Remy, what a shame! No one deserves our help more
    than our fellow Americans in a Disaster!! Ask anyone that knows anyone that experienced Katrina or the tornadoes that devastated IN & IL & KY this past Spring, ask if they feel our tax $ used to help them was a waste!! What a shame….

24. Willie Ray
    Chesapeake, VA.
    October 17, 2012, 10:57 am

You gotta be kidding, right? Two days before election day….and why the obvious timing? This is such obvious bias, trying to affect the election! Sad indeed!

25. Brava Fantastico
    USA
    October 19, 2012, 2:22 am

What are all the neocons CRYING about? It’s not going to influence anyone.. we ALL should be thankful OBL is gone, and that WE as a Nation got him! Go ahead NG.. air it, it will be very entertaining, and all these cry babies who live in denial will just have to grow up and deal with it… Geeezzzz!

26. Jan
    Alabama
    October 20, 2012, 11:02 pm

I agree with you, Brava. The rest of you people are a bunch of idiots, which is not surprising considering the level of most of National Georaphic’s programming. I wondered who watched all those contrived reality shows starring generic macho men and now I know. I’m just glad they are showing something original, with some decent actors.
    The truth is, Harvey Weinstein wanted to beat Kathryn Bigelow’s movie, which comes out next month.
    I wouldn’t worry too much about the influence of a small movie on a minor cable channel. Her movie will be better, anyway, and it’s after the election.

27. Robert
    West Coast, USA
    October 21, 2012, 4:17 pm

What are you complaining about the Obama administration got bin laden, so your mad that the pesident did the job a republican couldn’t? 9/11 happened under a republicans watch and 7 years of a republican watch couldn’t catch bin laden; don’t be a hater causes the DEMOCRAT got the job done!!! So what who cares when it airs I doubt you were gonna vote for OBAMA (mostly I think cause he’s black) anyway!!! We’re better off than we were 4 years ago just admit it!!!

28. Bob
    Florida
    October 22, 2012, 5:45 am

My initial view apparently is echoed by many others: what a blatant political move. Your actions will not go unnoticed and comes with reactions. How is airing this “documentary” two days before the Presidential Election supported by your website statement –
    About Us
    “The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.”? This nonprofit organization has no business taking any political side. Because of your biased position, when you should be neutral, I can no longer support your organization. I no longer choose to subscribe to your magazine, order your products or view your productions. I have been a longtime supporter, but no longer. I am just one individual, but I had believed that your organization was successful because of each individual. I believe you have lost your path.

29. steammaker
    North Carolina
    October 22, 2012, 6:49 pm

I have been a big fan of Nat Geo, but you crossed the line with this program 2 days before the election.
    Those fearless and brave soldiers that went into harms way would not have wanted their acts to be used this way!
    Is this the way your programing going to be from now on, then let someone else watch it. THAT’S THE AMERICAN WAY!!

30. !00% Disabled Veteran
    Livingston, Texas
    October 24, 2012, 2:49 am

How dare anyone claim credit other than the corageous, well trained, disicplined AMERICAN individuals that actually completed the deed which destroyed more than 3000 lives and families. That was more than those killed and familes torn apart during Pearl Harbor. Americans banded together then and when the towers fell. I am proud to be a veteran and I am proud of my brothers who have served, And for those which paid the ultimate price for American freedom, I salute you. And for those of you like me, it was worth it and I know we would each do it again. Air the show and lets see who accepts credit for others deeds.

31. ultravanman
    Il.
    October 24, 2012, 7:27 am

It is ovious this is politically motivated, you fell prey to the rush to Obama group, nat geo no longer on my list, What a joke you are, $$$$$ talks but the long term effects will cost more than mone

32. Hercloader
    Nevada
    October 24, 2012, 8:52 am

A crass political shot just before election shows your integrity is brought and paid for cheap. What’s the matter; afraid you’ll go the way of Big Bird and have to start paying your own way?? If this film shows before the election my family will no longer be watching your channel because it will just be another politically motivated, money sucking pit like several other who have sold out!

33. Talus
    USA
    October 24, 2012, 9:32 am

If you put on this obamaganda by Weinstein I will never forget nor forgive you. The fact you had to make him take a scene attacking Romney out of the pic proves you know this is intended to be propaganda. This is inexcusable.

34. C Miller
    California
    October 24, 2012, 5:29 pm

National Geo, I hope you are getting big bucks to show that propaganda. I was hoping that there was one non-profit that didn’t cave to political whims. I probably will not renew my membership. I have dropped AARP, Consumer Reports, Nature Conservancy, Planned parenthood, and all other non profits that asked me to support this administration, Obamacare, epa, etc.

35. Barbara Vissichelli
    New York
    October 25, 2012, 10:01 am

What a shame! I love your channel, magazine etc. but will not support anyone or any business that uses their fame to promote a political agenda! There are many that feel this way and we will be spreading the word. Seems the democrats have the big money behind them.

36. wmponce
    Texas
    October 25, 2012, 11:13 am

Spread the word. Everyone should promote a boycott against National Geographic over Seal Team Six.

37. Scott sample
    Indianapolis
    October 25, 2012, 11:14 am

Running an Obama infomercial, edited by one of his biggest supporters, TWO DAYS before the election? NatGeo WILL NOT be available on my TV after this. You’ve sold our and you’ve sold out CHEAP.

38. wmponce
    October 25, 2012, 11:28 am

Robert
    West Coast, USA
    That DEMOCRAT didn’t get OBL. Obama couldn’t even make the decision. The Seals did the job. Obama just watched on TV.

39. Rob Pomeranz
    Carolina Beach, NC
    October 25, 2012, 12:22 pm

I read somewhere that a spokesman for NATGEO said that this is not a politically motivated film. TO THAT I SAY “BS”. I will not be watching it before the election or after the election. The information about the Navy Seal Teams should not have ever been mentioned by the Administration or anyone involved with the DOD.

I am asking that you change the date of showing this film until after the election or don’t show it at all.

We enjoy programs that are shown on your NATGEO channels, but this showing will make me think twice before I watch your programming or even buy your magazine anymore.

Of course, you have so many people that subscribe or purchase your magazine, you would never notice anyone not subscribing anymore.

40. Alan
    Colorado
    October 25, 2012, 12:39 pm

I have decided to no longer watch Nat Geo again since they have decided to enter into political propaganda, especially 2 DAYS before the election! Obviously a political move. Good bye from a long time viewer! Shame on Nat Geo!

41. Grandmother
    Maryland
    October 25, 2012, 12:47 pm

Where is your integrity. You are showing a doctored movie so that Obama can get one more political appearance 2 days before the election. I watchED your shows all the time and was looking forward to the movie but not now…You have lost me as a viewer and I bet a lot of people will do the same.
    Shame on you!!!

42. Gina Harrison
    October 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

I can’t believe that this is being aired 2 days before the election
    Oh wait a minute yes I can believe it. WHAT A SCAM!!!!!!!Shame on you national geographic for participating in such an outrageous ploy. And you guys say that the air timing wasn’t planned? You might be able to sell that comment to the Obama supporters but the Republicans aren’t buying it. And speaking of buying , your magazine is one that I will not be purchasing.

43. LindaNJ
    New Jersey
    October 25, 2012, 1:30 pm

Tell me NG, how much TV advertising time did the Obama Campaign buy. I have been a fan of National Geographic since my grammar school days. I too have contacted my disappointment in the decision to air this 2 days before an election as it is clearly a politica ploy. I agree most people already have their minds made up, however call it what it is, a clear attempt to sway voters toward Obama! Don’t worry if he should win there will be many people who will have to cancel their cable because they won’t have money for it!

44. BJ
    California
    October 25, 2012, 1:38 pm

when will there be a fair election in this country. this movie is just another in a long list of pro Obama misinformation. If you really want to hear the real story. Read “No Easy Day” in the book the Seal who was there recounts the mission and tells the readership that politics had nothing to do with the raid.

45. Gina Harrison
    October 25, 2012, 1:39 pm

I have a feeling this airing is bad news for national geographic. It’s propaganda at its best. How dare you use OUR military personnel for political gains toward a certain presidential candidate(Obama)The Navy Seals put their life’s on the line for our country . They alone deserve ALL the credit for bringing Bin Laden to his demise. OBAMA does not get the glory for
    this feat. The Navy Seals are the ONLY heroes here. Any other pre-fab story is purely propaganda .

46. jackeek
    NC
    October 25, 2012, 1:56 pm

I have always respected Nat Geo, used to have a subscription and one for the kids, but this is sad. No political bias?? Name one person that believes that BS? If they had an honor, they would have waited to show this drivel until the election. There are people that actually believe that the “I” person got Osama bin Laden. To hear him talk, he did it all by himself! Nat Geo you’ve sold your soul to the devil.

47. Danny
    USA
    October 25, 2012, 2:36 pm

wow….what a hell of a deal….you airing this just before the election. Sham on you !! You use to be a very good and interesting channel. But you now have become another stooge for the Obama administration. What a cowardly thing to do.

48. Thomp
    North Carolina
    October 25, 2012, 2:55 pm

Please cancel your subscriptions to all Nat Geo products. I am so disappointed in Nat Geo for playing politics. Unbelievable!

49. RicJan
    Texas
    October 25, 2012, 3:08 pm

Harvey Weinstein, who made this film, is a major Obama contributor. The fact that this film was rushed to be put on November 4 — 2 days before the election — is obviously being done for purely political reasons. It has also been reported that the film has recently been edited to enhance Obama’s roll – anything to help his re-election. I have been a fan of the National Geographic and hate to see it being brought into the political arena. I will now consider National Geographic and its Management as being nothing more than a Progressive/Domocrat propaganda channel I will no longer tune in to your Channel and I will also lobby my aquaintences to drop their subsctriptions and avoid your advertisers as well.

50. George Carruth
    Alabama
    October 25, 2012, 3:12 pm

The NG should be apolitical. Airing the Seal Team film on November 4 is as Hecloader said is crass. It would be OK to show the original film on that date but after it was revised to make the President the star of the raid it is now a political add for Obama. If the NG has any backbone it would cancel the 11?4 showing.

51. Jill Mandel
    Texas
    October 25, 2012, 5:03 pm

I agree with the majority of comments regarding the airing of SEAL TEAM SIX: THE RAID ON OSAMA BIN LADEN. How can NGeo honestly say the airing of this movie – on this date – is not political? I support the Seal Team Six with all my heart! But I will no longer support NGeo TV channel or magazines.

52. Rob Robinson
    Seattle, Washington
    October 25, 2012, 5:37 pm

I have been a supporter of National Geographic my entire life. I remember how much I enjoyed reading the National Geographic magazine as a child and the National Geographic channel is still one of my favorites. When I noticed the upcoming airing of Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden just before the general election I became very angry. How dare you attempt to sway voters and influence the outcome of the election. My high opinion of National Geographic just went into the gutter. Shame! Shame! Shame!

53. sam
    California
    October 25, 2012, 5:50 pm

This movie is bias and Should not be aired Nov 4th, Before the election.

No matter how you spin it You DO Have the option to aired After Nov 7th.

This is Purely Political Movie at this Time, and National Geographic CAN DO Better, than be part of the Political process.

Hope you will consider to changing the schedule, I am sure Netflix Can Resale the movie even after Nov 7th.

I will Watch it IF it will air After Nov 7th, Hopefully It will highlight the Seal Six Heroes rather than President that Just said go ahead.
    If it IS NOT Political then why NOW, You could have released a month ago, or after Nov 6th.

54. wvhill
    wv
    October 25, 2012, 6:26 pm

Two days before the election. I hope you all have your obama hats and buttons on. Hope it is worth the amount of viewers you will lose and count me as one of them.

55. jim Burris
    Oklahoma
    October 25, 2012, 8:32 pm

Apparently you only want Democrat viewers because of this purely political move. I no longer watch David Letterman or the network newscasts, and i may have to add National Geographic to that list.

56. Independant Voter
    New Hampshire
    October 25, 2012, 10:23 pm

A movie re-edited to add more Obama highlights, aired 2 days before the election, can only be interpreted as propaganda. Shame on National Geographic.

57. Mike
    Illinois
    October 26, 2012, 8:13 am

What a shame…NGS is headed to mediocrity……welcome to the level of Current TV and Oprah…….Bye, Bye…

58. TeamMomScooter
    Arkansas
    October 26, 2012, 9:22 am

It seems to me that National Geographic, by airing this film TWO DAYS before an important election, has violated its mission statement: “. . .inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.” What on earth does this film have to do with any of your stated purposes? Nothing. It has everything to do, however, with the ulterior motives of Harvey Weinstein, an ardent Obama supporter. NatGeo will no longer be aired in my home and your advertisers will no longer have my support. I dare say that others, when apprised of this, will feel the same as I.

59. bb
    wisconsin
    October 26, 2012, 12:44 pm

i feel that this production is wrong due to the fact of the chastising of a SEAL writing a book on the raid. i cannot divulge info on anything i was involved in nor my military career as an “operator” myself. We as military members as a whole are bound by the UCMJ as well as additional documents of privacy and secrecy. And to have this aired only 2 days before the election is complete and utter BS. Who’s fooling who? Not me, that’s for sure. Was this documentary vetted through the pentagon? The white house? The president? What right does NGC have to air this? Publicizing this puts the TEAMs as well as other of our military members at HIGH RISK to become casualties.

60. Kemp Akeman
    Fort Worth, Texas
    October 26, 2012, 1:18 pm

I have quit watching all network programing other than local news because I disagree with their progressive progressive agenda in the writer’s. Now it appears I’ll be adding National Geographic to the list. YOu are being disengenious to claim that you cannot see a poliitcal agenda with involvement of Harvey Weinstein and their positioning it where you only had a 2 day window for exclusive air dates that occur before the election. Don’t water my back and claim that it is raining outside. We are not stupid.

61. Rodney Booth
    Kentucky
    October 26, 2012, 2:11 pm

Goodbye NG, you’ve insulted my intelligence by stating the film wasn’t political and then you really poured in on when your man Lyle stating in the paper. His quote: ” Believe me, in 85 million homes a movie from National geographic is not going to change the outcome of the election in a country of 300 million.” That’s a very high percentqage of voters I would say. How stupid does he think we are? ,,,and I was a dedicated viewer to some of your shows but no more for me,,,and I don’t forget.

62. wmponce

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
    Glenfiddich
    The North Face

63. Lorri Sheremeta
    spring Hill Fl
    October 26, 2012, 6:51 pm

Nat Geo, y’all should be Ashamed of this blatant attempt to lift up a political figure! I don’t care what party affiliation your supporting, you are playing on the emotions of Americans and it is an insult beyond words to a lot of your supporters as evidenced by the theme of these comments! If I were you, I would think about rescheduling this until after the election and let the people decide if they want to tune in then!

64. Smitty
    San Diego
    October 29, 2012, 9:48 pm

Simple equation…if you air this before the election my family and I won’t watch it or anything else on NatGeo ever again. After the election I’d probably watch with some interest. And apparently we’re not alone in that sentiment.

65. Mike
    pa
    November 2, 2012, 10:32 pm

Here we go conspiracy therory. The capture is well known, this is just a visual story. What does it matter when you watch it?
    Its the story of our troops cleaning up the trash. Thank you for our men and women who defend and love there country so you can post political BS.

66. Desert Rat-ical
    Mesquite, NV
    November 3, 2012, 8:13 am

Your airing of this purely-partisan, pro-Obama film–a film that exploits the honor and bravery of our service men and women for political propaganda purposes–just three days before the most important election our country has had in 100 years, will forever diminish my opinion and future patronage of National Geographic Channel and your once-prestigious Society, work and publications. Shameful, indeed.

67. Doug
    Chillicothe
    November 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

I’ve been a fan of national geographic for 50 years, but that ended today when I read a review of this film in the Wall Street Journal. Shame on you presenting a partisan film such as this 2 days before the election that will decide the future freedom of America. You could have waited till after the election, or perhaps better still stick with you mission of nature, wildlife, and geography. If you continue to air this today, you’ll have at least 1 less subscriber, and judging by some of the other posts I’m not alone.

68. J Geron
    TX
    November 4, 2012, 4:00 pm

Cheap shot- even the seals who weren’t killed after the intelligence leaks following the raid (by this administration) are repulsed by this political film. You are not objective in any sense.

69. tbone
    usa
    November 4, 2012, 4:46 pm

I have to say again as I don’t see my blog. The actors spoke out supporting the film. I’m thinking they got paid a whole lot more than the seals that really carried out this operation. And of course this is a political move adding more footage. Natgeo sold out even if it doesn’t effect the election one way or the other. I will watch shows that natgeo stand for. But I will boycott this one.

70. Gil B
    USA
    November 5, 2012, 6:22 pm

National Geographic and National Geographic Sponsors have crossed the line as far as I am concerned. And I actually pay to view NG. Not any more. Stay out of politics. This film could have been edited with a lot more class. Shame on you NG.