Spring fever has hit for Dr. Pol and his staff at the veterinary clinic. A packed room of clients and animals wait patiently as Dr. Pol and Dr. Brenda make their way through their day of triple-booked appointments. Dr. Pol enjoys a busy work schedule and begins his day with an owner who has brought her miniature horse to the clinic. Despite everything the owner has done, the horse continues to lose weight and she decides to make the hour trip out to see Dr. Pol. What’s happening to this poor pony that’s causing him to lose weight? Dr. Pol is on the case.

Later that afternoon, another client brings his animal to see Dr. Pol—a heifer who looks sick and cannot stand. Based on her symptoms, he concludes she has shipping fever. As he continues the examination, Dr. Pol discovers she is also calving, and early. Dr. Pol and Charles quickly jump into action to help the heifer deliver her calf, and the owner watches anxiously to see whether the calf will be alive.

Dr. Brenda treks out in bad weather to see a cow that hasn’t been eating or digesting her food properly. She quickly finds her fourth stomach chamber has shifted out of place. Dr. Brenda calls in back up and with the help of several neighbors flips the cow on her back and tacks the stomach back into place. With the cow instantly relieved, she heads back out on the road to tackle more of what has come with this year’s spring fever.

_____

Tune in to The Incredible Dr. Pol: Udder Madness, Saturday September 1st at 10P et/pt on Nat Geo WILD.

Comments

1. Diana Roemig
    PA
    August 31, 2012, 4:08 pm

Please stop blurring out parts of your show. I would have loved to see more of the “prolapse” segment, but, it was blurred out! Come on! If it’s OK for us to watch lions and crocs tear baby animals apart and EAT THEM, why can’t we see a ruminants uterus?

Thank you. Diana

2. Wendy
    September 1, 2012, 1:29 pm

Wow – that sure looked like risky business. The cow must have been pretty unhappy to tolerate all the manipulations – I am glad it worked out in the end.

3. Leigh Jones
    September 1, 2012, 9:39 pm

Just got done watching Dr. Pol for the first time. Fact is that the idiotic family of the poor calf who lost her own, was just disgusting when it showed those idiot kids and their father. The one kid says, *Let’s eat em for dinner???!!!!* What the hell, those kids should be the ones to be eaten. How extremely disgusting that family is…..Yuck!!!!!!!

4. cm
    Sarasota, FL
    September 1, 2012, 11:54 pm

Dr.Pol is one of the best shows on tv today – I have enjoyed every segment; it’s very informative; I’ve learned a lot.

5. Michael
    Indianapolis in
    September 2, 2012, 2:09 pm

hello I had a tbi last December and have returned to my normal life. Working, living on my own, driving I know by reading about articles on tbi recovery that I’m a 1 in a million survivor. I had some of the best medical care available. Or a strong will. I know while my driving was restricted my parent took my car keys and I was able to figure out how to hot wire it my a wiring diagram that is a long term memory to know how to read a wiring diagram . But that was pretty good for someone in my shoes

6. jane boero
    manteca, ca. 95336
    September 5, 2012, 9:49 pm

My husband was a large and small animal vet in manteca
    For 61 years. Oh! How he loved his work, never once heard
    Him complain , even when he was called out at 3:00 a.m.
    To pull a calf in the thick fog , pouring rain , he would be
    Up and out the door in 5 minutes.
    Many call for dogs hit by car.bitches whelping, etc..

I usually went to the clinic with him after hours to assist.
    One of his sons is an equine veterinarian in ill., his
    Name is michael john boero d.v.m ..
    Thanks,
    Jane boero

Loved it.

7. Hector Julio Rincon
    deparatamento Casanare, Pais Colombia
    September 8, 2012, 8:04 pm

Felicitaciones Doctor Pol, sus intervenciones medico Veterinarias, me han sido de gran ayuda, en la veterinario que ejerzo tambien en el campo. Agradesco, que estas sean en español y que dejen ver las imagenes.
    att

Hector julio Rincon
    Med, Veterinario

8. Susie
    Ottawa, Il
    September 9, 2012, 12:03 am

I have been a huge fan of Dr Pol sisce it forst aired last year and for the life of me cannot understand why Dr. Pol is so mean to his son Charles, and just takes it…. Charles grow a set and tell your dad to knock it off…. Dr Pol he is sweet to the animals, his wife and the staff but his son he treats like crap…. Hey Dr. Pol knock it off!!!!!!!

9. Gayle Stanley
    Virginia
    September 9, 2012, 5:58 pm

PLEASE STOP SHOWING THIS MAN’S ARM UP COWS’ BUTTS ON COMMERCIALS. I watched this show once and that was more than enough. I will never watch it again. This is the most disgusting, gross show I ever saw on Nat Geo. And to make matters worse, on the show I watched, Dr. Pol’s son wanted to learn to ram his arm up to his shoulder in a cow’s anus so he could also experience the cow feces first hand, so to speak.
    I accept everyone’s right to watch it if they choose. But please respect my right not to watch it by stopping the gross commercials showing “Dr. Pol’s amazing journeys up cows butts” when I am watching other programs. It is disgusting and nauseating. If the best programming you can put on the network is The Amazing Dr. Pol, please leave his “amazing journeys with cow’s butts” to watch by choice, not by sneaking it in via commercials while I am watching other shows.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE REST OF US WHO DONT WANT TO WATCH THAT KIND OF (and I mean this literally) CRAP !

10. K Shelby
    Western Colorado
    September 13, 2012, 9:14 am

Is there any way to contact Dr. Pol for some advice about an eye problem with a horse?

11. Betty
    Oreland. PA
    October 20, 2012, 3:52 pm

I have enjoyed the Dr. Pol show immensely and find the exposure to life on a farm and the treatment of both farm animals and domestic animals of all types and all conditions totally fascinating. I look forward to each new episode and the new problems Dr. Pol and his staff will deal with. Thank you.

12. carol
    hamilton ohio
    October 23, 2012, 6:29 pm

Where is The Incredible Dr. Pol? This was our favorite show, bur is suddenly no longer available on our Time-Warner cable network. Please, please bring it back!

13. Tonya
    Kentucky
    October 28, 2012, 9:02 pm

My husband and I absolutely LOVE Dr. Pol. We have a 62 acre farm in Kentucky and I WISH we have a vet around here like Dr. Pol and Dr. Brenda. I love to watch his shows and find them not only entertaining, but also learn quite a bit. Can’t wait for his new season to start! Keep up the wonderful work Dr. Pol, Dr. Brenda and the rest of the staff!

14. Jessi
    Utah
    November 4, 2012, 8:32 am

Please bring Dr. Pol back. My children and I have learned so much by watching this show. I believe Dr. Pol is amazing!! This is one of the best NATGEO episodes!! The way he works with his clients, and his staff – all I can say is WOW.

15. Sharon
    Texas
    November 17, 2012, 11:41 am

When will Dr. Pol be back on TV? Love this show and really miss new episodes.

16. karenkay sharp
    pembroke ga ( formly from lansing michigan
    January 1, 2013, 8:45 pm

To the lady who doesnt like the vet cks ( up the butt; honey, its part of the job; i work as a critical care rn and you would be drop at what we do daily; it is part of the work; not shown to gross you out..fyi!!!

17. lee
    ky
    January 12, 2013, 9:27 pm

As a critical nurse and horse owner for 20 yrs I would not let Dr Pol or his associates touch my animals.

18. Casey
    NJ PA
    February 19, 2013, 10:16 pm

I happen to like Dr. Pol very much, I wish he was here at my chicken farm. I can tell he “concentrates” on what he is doing when caring for any animal, and he never screams back at the YUPPIES who try to flame him. I truly believe he is an animal lover and would do anything he can to help them to the best of his career, probably has about 50 years of experience. I wish I knew as much as Dr. Pol. I think many people are jealous of him, and I can see why. I’m very upset seeing people trying to take his show off the TV. The Medical Board is the only entity who can be a Judge of his care of animals, and so far, he has been doing VERY GOOD, as his care/treatment of animals are recorded. I wish he was here to help me with a chicken that might have a misplaced hip socket. It was a 1st place prize winner at a poultry show, I’m here looking to find his contact info to help a bird, and I’d even drive the bird to his office if I can find it….I stopped on this website by accident, and I will admit, the Dr. has much more experience than this young kids out of school and have little or no experience as compared to a 70 year old man who worked all his life….Dr. Pol should be a PROFESSOR AND TEACH these kid flamers some stuff…..my Uncle is a Professor in UCSF and the “kids” always say they know more than he does, and he laughs….and the kids try to test my uncle…my uncle always wins!! Do NOT mess with somene with many decades of experience unless you put more time into a science….simple…..and DR. Pol rocks!!! He is helping people, not hurting them….and I think he’s a nice person. He simply has no time for BS….He’s GREAT!! AND HE IS SAVING LIVES. Thanks for reading…cheers.

19. Casey
    NJ PA
    February 19, 2013, 10:43 pm

P.S. I just had a thought, maybe DR. Brenda should marry the son, to keep the show online forever. I hope Dr. Pol is screening a suitable wife for his son, good old fashioned values when it comes to farming or animal care. Just a thought. smiles….be well everyone, and make sure all the animals get fresh water everyday, and food without mold in it. I always try to put an ounce of organic apple cider vinegar (Braggs) into a gallon of water for my chickens, and mix some food grade DE into the feed to stave off worming issues. Our chickens are pets, we only use the eggs, and let the birds live out a long/happy life. Once again, thanks for reading, and please support the soldiers of animal/medical science!! Cheers

20. CARMEN
    SANTIAGO CHILE
    February 20, 2013, 10:36 pm

ME ENCANTA DR, POL ADMIRO SU FELICIDAD SU CONTAGIOSA SONRISA EL GUSTO POR LO QUE HACE, SU FAMILIA, SU HIJO QUE CON RESPETO ACEPTA LOS PEDIDOS DE SU PADRE,EL PERSONAL DE LA CLINICA. TODOS TRABAJAN UNIDOS Y CON GUSTO GRACIAS POR MOSTRAR UN PROGRAMA TAN REAL COMO LA VIDA MISMA

21. Linda
    Quakertown, PA
    March 2, 2013, 9:55 pm

Dr Pol is a modern day James Herriot. Read his books years ago, All Cretures Great and Small and all the others. Dr. Pol reminds me so much of Dr. Herriot .

22. oludare
    lagos
    May 25, 2013, 8:38 am

Dr pols program has indeed encouraged so many people to watch more of the show and be encouraged.please keep it up though you will retire.God bless you.

23. Elizabeth Macaluso
    June 21, 12:08 pm

Is Dr. Pol program still on your channel? I happened to catch a couple of his shows, by accident. But I check back every now and then, but never been able to find it on TV.
    Some of my family was from that area,that is wayt the show is so interesting for me. I hope that you can bring back the show as it is a wonderful program for the young adults of today to show them now other people live and let them see how a farm can have problems, just like the rest of the world.