On this episode of American Gypsies, the family drama continues as the Johns brothers head to the racetrack. Nicky explains that he is there to win money to buy a luxurious car for his son Justin’s 16th birthday and Bobby lets slip that he is also planning on buying an expensive car for Christopher, which will inevitably be nicer than anything Nicky can afford. After squabbling, the men make their bets. In the end Nicky comes out on top when his horse runs to first place.

Despite the win, Nicky is still uncertain about whether he will be able to afford a new car for his son, Justin. To buy himself some time, Nicky insists on Justin learning to drive first even though Justin has his heart set on getting a posh new car like his cousin Christopher’s.

Meanwhile, Bobby calls Eric in a panic, telling him that their parents are getting evicted after yet another neighbor called the police on Tina. In light of all that has happened with Bob Sr., Eric calls the brothers for a family meeting. Immediately after hearing that his father was in a rehabilitation center Nicky accuses Eric of “leaving his father behind” and bursts into tears. The others brothers try to convince him it’s for the best.

The drama continues when Bobby confronts Tina with his wish to become divorced from his estranged wife. Tina is enraged and forces him to bring her to the kris, or Romani Court with ambitions of stopping the proceedings of the divorce. Bobby and Eric eventually convince her not to enter the court, and the brothers face the council of elders.

Despite all of the turmoil the family gathers at the joint birthday party for Justin and Chris. After the cake is cut Justin is lead out of the party to the street where he is finally presented with his brand new car! Everyone is excited until Bobby pulls up in a new car for Christopher and Nicky confronts his brother. Tina eventually calms them down by saying, “this night is for the boys.” Can the family come together to celebrate both sons? What will the Romani Court decide about Bobby’s marriage? Tune in to find out!

_____

Don’t miss American Gypsies: Dueling Dads on Thursday, August 30th at 7P et/pt.

Comments

1. Mrs. Cortes
    Lancaster, PA
    August 30, 2012, 7:25 pm

I love this show but the one thing I want to say is that I love Bobby….he is my favorite.

2. Lisa M.D.M
    California
    August 31, 2012, 1:41 pm

I think we all can learn something from this show in reguards to family. Family should always be second to God in my opinion. I so appreciate this family allowing us to view their lives and understand their culture. Which by the way is amazing.

3. Chris
    Wilmington, DE
    September 1, 2012, 6:57 pm

I don’t ever agree with Nicky as he is a hypocrit and I’d like to see the brothers give him a little wall to wall…. On this however Bobby was way out of line. He should have given his brother and his nephew some respect. He should have given Christopher the car on the sly.

4. Jimmy Johns
    Spokane
    September 7, 2012, 9:01 pm

They sure leave a lot out of the true story of how these people con and deceive people daily out of money. The
    Show portrays the women as innocent wives and mothers when in fact there role is to make money for the men, and not by fortune telling. They find and seduce elderly men and take them for everything they own. do some real research and show these people for what they truly are. Thieves and cons!

5. jessa
    cleveland
    September 9, 2012, 10:33 pm

who do they think they are, at first I like the show because I thought someone needs a chance especially when your a minority like me but then they degrade and talk about american and other women that are not gypsies like they are whores. You might want to check the ones they have at home first. Those guys don’t look good anyways thats why they HAVE to marry their own because no one wants them

6. jessa
    September 9, 2012, 10:39 pm

Bobby keep doing what your are doing but your girls are young and you should get them an education instead of all that makeup they cake up on their face. Girls I love you but your young and you have to get your head in the right place. Education is control and if you have one you can have control of your life and not someone have control over you.

7. Melissa
    September 11, 2012, 4:30 pm

Jimmy Johns, you are 1000% correct. This family is a bunch of liars and crooks and have been for decades. Just one example is on the Fort Lauderdale Sun website, a 1991 story about the clan “matriarch”, Tina Johns (or is that Tina Tene?). “Police: Fortune Teller Conjured Fraud,” the article is called. Google it. Tina was said to have gotten “$16,000 in cash and merchandise” from some young woman by telling her she needed the money to lift a curse. THIS is what the Johns do. Shame on Nat Geo for allowing them to present a false image and scripted stories to the public — Val and family have know “Sophia” for years, the gadje girlfriend thing was fiction for the show, Bobby is not divorced from his wife and is just as much a cheater as Chris and Nick supposedly are, the list goes on. Nat Geo is allowing this family to fool the “gadje” on a much larger scale. And the Johns are laughing all the way to the bank.

8. donna burns
    Houston, Texas
    September 16, 2012, 6:30 pm

I love Bobby…he’s a good man with a good head on his shoulders.

I wish someone would punch Nicky everytime he even looks like he is going to open his mouth. I know his wife had to be a beautiful woman at one time. Now she looks so tired, worn out…i bet she doesn’t even want to be on this show…which by the way goes against their “culture”. They must be hard up for money from bailing Nicky out of every stupid, daily decision. Just once…somebody punch him…or put a plastic gun to his head and make him pee his pants.

9. Lauryn
    WASHINGTON
    October 4, 2012, 1:59 am

WHERE DID THE SHOW GO???

10. linda
    kentucky
    October 16, 2012, 12:18 pm

really! where did it go ? i seen maybe 4 episodes and loved it and the show dissapeared

11. Jac
    Canada
    January 4, 2013, 8:56 am

What happened to American Gypsies???
    These people are SO random…

12. Cari
    Miami, Florida
    January 4, 2013, 12:48 pm

I was wondering same thing. Can’t find anything about what happened on internet. I bet it was cancelled due complaints from animal rights activists like PETA. If you were watching the show, you know what I’m talking about.

13. Andrea
    California
    January 22, 2013, 4:35 pm

Will this show be returning for a second season?

14. Victoria land
    Houston tx
    February 1, 2013, 9:06 pm

I think that some of. You people live just f…k up the way u live u say. U dont dill with gosho but u live in America your kids can’t read and don’t go to school thay will be dum to the world. And I fill so sad for those baby’s u move state to state and the women go out and ask for money woth that fake ass reading palms the only one that seam to make sence is bobby and if I was him I wood get far away you guys are in America if you dont like it go back to romni are were ever the hell you come from. And that is how I fell. But I no so what!!!

15. trisha
    illinois
    February 2, 2013, 5:51 pm

will the show be coming back for a second season?

16. lisa
    texas
    February 3, 2013, 2:01 pm

i really miss this show’ what happen to it? it was a great show..

17. Deborah
    Liverpool England
    February 7, 2013, 5:35 pm

I am now 55 and connected to the show so much because I am Roma gypsy I was brought up in children’s homes and when my father was ill he had a picture of a lady all in black standing next to a canvas caravan I asked him who it was and he said it was my great great grand mother and I am the only one in many years with the black eyes and I no I have a gift she was Roma gypsy I used to be scared when I could fore see things but I m now understanding the gift thank you

18. Maria Velez
    Defiance, Ohio
    March 10, 2013, 1:44 am

I love the show… you need to bring it back.

19. Penny
    Washington state
    August 3, 2013, 8:21 pm

Please bring back the show!!!!!!

20. got scammed
    new york
    October 25, 2013, 10:24 pm

Really? bring what back? the scamer???evicted from apt !!!! scammed a landlord who was over 85 years old. Really ??? Why would anyone glorify people who intentionally want to inflict such pain and anguish??Belong in jail not on television.