This week’s sighting comes to us from Joey Valdez, who caught a mysterious triangle of lights on camera:

“I was driving home and saw these lights in a location where I happen to drive by everyday and know there are no lights like that. Ever. I got home, videotaped it, and uploaded it to YouTube. 3 Red Lights (also the name of my Youtube video) started in a triangle, then moved into a straight line, then started to disappear after about 10-11 minutes of being in the same location.”

Joey’s sighting is a great example of a popular type of UFO shape: a chevron. Chevron UFOs can be lined with many lights or a simple boomerang-shaped dark or metallic craft. One of the most well-known chevron UFO sightings is known as ‘The Phoenix Lights‘, witnessed by thousands of people on March 13, 1997 in the Phoenix, AZ area.

What do you think of Joey’s sighting? Visit his report in our UFO Sightings Tracker to “believe.” Or share your own!

Comments

1. gmh
    az
    August 3, 2012, 8:42 am

Chinese Lanterns

2. Rachel Banklian
    New York
    August 3, 2012, 5:01 pm

I saw three fast moving ones on the same day…. in New York at 8:45pm or so ….. They were moving South to North… mine weren’t blinking though…. Def. not a plane and with binoculars they looked like giant fire orbs ..

3. Glenn T.
    NCarolina
    August 6, 2012, 7:36 am

how does a person contact Jim Fox with additional places and locations to check for past UFO sightings?
    Please advise. Thank you. Glenn

4. George K.
    Englewood, CO.
    August 6, 2012, 6:54 pm

This most likely won’t be acted upon but…. At the 33 to 34 min. mark when Ryder is in the van trying to get the others to see the “orbs” she is seeing; Ryder totally misses a LARGE UFO on the upper right of the screen. It comes from behind the palm trees and moves left to right out of frame. This looks to me like a triangular UFO or possibly a craft like thew ones’ Ed Walters has recorded in Pensacola. I would love someone else’s opinion!!!

5. Curly Howard
    So. FL
    August 7, 2012, 2:02 pm

I can’t put into words my feelings about the episodes I’ve watched. I’ve tried and tried to be objective, but this pgm. is
    so weak, silly, and…… I don’t know what else to say.
    I have seen daylight discs over our farm in NY State in the
    early1950′s, and nothing this pgm. has EVER shown comes close to believable. I was in Broadcasting here for 30 years,
    and your pgm. is, I’m so sorry to write, a JOKE. You actually
    GET PAID to do this? The “dramatic” exclamations followed
    by a commercial break are BEYOND amateurish. Please either stop the foolishness, or cancel this program.

6. toni devine
    August 17, 2012, 11:42 pm

I was there ..but in the white mountains of AZ, in show low, and it was right above my home for fourty five min. It was at the very least three football fields long…and its path they dont really have it right..my son and I both saw this, and I could tell you much more than these specials are saying..
    Did no one else in show low see it?

7. toni devine
    August 17, 2012, 11:46 pm

who would I contact to tell of more of the ’97 sittings, I think now it’s time to talk to someone!!!

8. dav
    United Kingdom
    November 23, 2012, 7:28 pm

thease lights are moving out of sync with the groung , seem like their red lights being reflected off of glass or perspex

9. dan
    oneonta ny
    February 15, 11:58 am

i was on my back deck in the summer and something made the hair on the back of my neck stand up, i looked up and could not move. what i saw was what seemed to be a huge black triangle shapped object with 3 red lights moving slowly over me i could not talk move or breathe i saw everything and i seemed like it lasted forever once it was over i was speachless and could vaguelly remember what i saw…since then i have not been right my thoughts my reasoning and my memory has seemed to worsen…why?