In this episode of Chasing UFOs, Ryder, Ben and James travel to Arizona to investigate reports of a large, boomerang-shaped object. The most famous of these sightings happened on March 13, 1997 when hundreds of people in Phoenix reported seeing this object pass over the city and to the south. Now, a recently unearthed video of a similar object shot four years before the Phoenix incident leads the team to investigate this string of sightings.

The team begins their investigation with that video. Shot in 1993 along the side of a highway 40 miles north of Phoenix, the video appears to show a similarly shaped object and the same array of lights witnesses in Phoenix reported seeing. Ryder, Ben and James meet the man who shot the video. His name is Terry Connet and he reveals that this object made no sound as it passed right over him.  The most incredible detail, however, is the object’s size.  Terry tells the team that whatever he saw that night, you could have lined up as many as ten B-52’s, wingtip-to-wingtip.

Impressed with Terry’s video and testimony the team heads back to Phoenix to test the official explanation of the Phoenix Lights incident. After the incident the military said that what people saw was a string of military flares dropped by an aircraft at Luke Air Force Base. To see if that explanation holds any water, Ryder, Ben and James team-up with a group of local skydivers. The skydivers agree to perform a night jump wearing pyrotechnic flares. With Ben and James on the ground observing, Ryder takes off with the skydivers to direct the test. As the skydivers jump the team watches in stunned disbelief as the sky lights up with a jaw-dropping show. But did the jump resemble what so many people in Arizona have reported seeing?

Searching for more information, the team recruits a local sky watcher and UFO researcher named Jeff Willis. The team learns that Jeff has caught hundreds of UFOs on camera and he agrees to take Ryder, Ben and James out with him for a night time reconnaissance mission to search for strange lights in the sky.

Jeff and the team head out of a mountain at the north end of Phoenix to look for UFOs and it doesn’t take long before strange lights start appearing. On their way up the team spots a strange orange light in the sky. After it disappears they spot a string of lights descending toward the desert and then finally a group of glowing orbs rising up toward the clouds.  Are these actual UFO’s?  Or will the team be able to identify them?

As the team continues its investigation they learn there may be a connection between these sightings and one of the most famous UFO incidents in history. There’s a former logger named Travis Walton who claims to have been abducted by a UFO. The team travels to the mountains of eastern Arizona to meet Travis and hear his story. Travis recounts his tale in frightening detail, telling the team what he saw and endured during a five-day ordeal aboard an alien ship.

Anxious to verify his claims, the team travels to the abduction site to look for evidence that would support Travis’ story. They learn that in the years after the incident, the trees in the area experienced an unexplained growth spurt. Knowing that high doses of electromagnetic radiation can affect plant growth, Ben organizes an investigation to bring back tree samples from the site.  The team gets to work surveying the site and taking samples and it isn’t long before they uncover some incredible evidence that may prove Travis Walton’s story.

_____

Tune in to Chasing UFOs: Abducted in Arizona tonight, July 20th at 10P et/pt.

Comments

1. Stevie
    Canada
    July 20, 2012, 1:37 pm

this is my prediction of how the show ill ensue:
    Ben will spew a few skeptical remarks on how their current endeavor is futile, James Fox will disagree, Testosterone Ryder will say “I don’t know if I believe yet!” — then que lame face-cam shots with dropped jaws, fabricated and manufactured evidence and footage. Ben will then proclaim in a nerdy voice, “I’m now a believer!”, Testy Ryder will pretend to be astonished by the footage she fabricated, and James Fox will try to roll up his jaw from hours of feigned jaw dropping for the lame face-cam shots.

Hearkening back to UFO Hunters, Bill Birne was looney, but he was enthusiastic about the journey for the truth, and never for a second would I believe he would allow history channel to manufacture evidence or footage with his knowledge. He believed there was no need to sensationalize the show, because there was more than enough truth in the subject matter to do it for them. James Fox is a shameless panderer, and if he had any credibility or integrity, he would tap out of this farce of a television production — with what little reputation he has left.

2. Patty Ursomanno
    florida
    July 20, 2012, 9:22 pm

would like to talk, tried several times, well like once, but would like to talk to someone that has experance , and would like to meet someone that has experanceses too.please get in touch , u wont be disapointed,,

3. Charles Busch
    Michigan
    July 20, 2012, 10:19 pm

Just finished watching “Abducted in Arizona”. Near the end of the show, when they are walking around in the woods, James hears a noise that seems very close. Does he really know just how close he was? Watch the show again and look past the front of him after he mentions a noise. You will see a pair of eyes glow from the production camera’s light. It is a very large bear, no more than 50-60ft behind him!

4. Mr.Steck
    USA
    July 20, 2012, 10:29 pm

Erin is NOT the, self-proclaimed ” Bad Ass”‘, she thinks she is!
    Especially, after all that crying as soon as she almost got stuck in that tree.

5. jeff taylor
    west jordan utay
    July 20, 2012, 11:17 pm

too bad you have to rush your show if you realy took the time to check things out you would be able to understand more. in a way you make your team to look like fool and iwould go as far as to say make a joke out of your show you might want to ask how travis could rember and while you at it check in to the hills case . iam not and expert as you guys clame to be but have seen so cool things that i cant explan but have check into them i bet i know a little more then you guys or mabey you might know more but i know its for ratings

6. bill knight
    arizona
    July 21, 2012, 5:37 pm

missed the program, unfortunately, but was living here when this happened. The guys who were with Walton on the crew all passed lie detector tests about what happened according to multiple media reports. Hope your program covered what happened “thoroughly”

7. Stevie Boy
    Canada
    July 21, 2012, 9:32 pm

The Erin Ryder person’s credibility must be called into question, Since she is co-producer, she probably feels that it is up to her to video edit some strange lights the night before, and then bring them pre-loaded into the field. Because each night they go out into the field, she seems to catch a UFO on film after only scanning the sky for an hour or two. That’s very, very unlikely if you ask me. And just recently, when they were in the forest where Travis Walton supposedly was abducted — surprise, surprise, she spots another UFO, but this time you had to take her word for it. What’s the matter, got too lazy to video edit footage the night before? This is a great example of a hoaxer, and such hoaxers only serve to besmirch the credibility of other witness’ who do not have the intention to hoax.

Another great example of this is when on episode two, when they were scouring the mountain (at night) looking for evidence, the team claims to being “tracked” by a van in the distance. This very same van seems to be starkly similar to the very same van that the team travels in. If any of you takes the time to verify this, then the rest of the series’ credibility will count for nothing. What other evidence is manufactured? Was the Air Force button really found in the ground at Roswell, or did they buy it on eBay and plant it in the field? And further, how much footage is manufactured? I would say pretty much everything Ryder has captured, I would judge.

8. harold ankney
    Oregon
    July 22, 2012, 11:35 am

I was living in Arizona at the time those lights were spotted, and they were something else, I was talking on the phone with my girlfriend at the time, she was living in Apache Jct., she asked me if I could see the lights, so I went outside and looked where she told me, and sure enough I could see them, I had never seen those lights before at night or any other time in that area, I was living in New River at the time, north of Phoenix AZ, I was a good distance away, so I knew that whatever those lights were that it had to be something big or something that could put out one hell of a lot of candlepower for me to see them from where I was at.

9. Ryan Budinger
    Cleveland, Ohio
    July 22, 2012, 12:29 pm

Was excited to see how the Episode of UFO chasers with Travis Walton turned out. My mother and I were flown out to the site for her analysis of the alleged abduction site. Friday came and the show aired. To my mother and my relief, my mother was cut out of the show. A show that was supposed to be about investigating UFOs turned into a bunch of wanna be actors looking like clowns. Really, Skye in a tree screaming foul mouthed comments. I really gave National Geographic alot more credit then this. For what its worth, that’s my two cents on the show. One word, terrible.

10. Private
    Land of the sane
    July 26, 2012, 6:06 am

Loved the part where they are running up the mountain just in time to see the Chinese lantern that probably one of their crew launched. Luckily Ben was not fooled, assuming he wasn’t in on it.

11. Stevie
    July 27, 2012, 12:43 am

Yeah, the Chinese lantern just happening to be floating about as they were scaling the hill was hilarious. It was obviously launched by the production team, or hoaxers we should call them. Ever since the second episode when the production team used the crew’s very own van to masquerade as government spies “tracking” the crew, there was no chance I would take anything on the show seriously. I am actually still watching the show, because it is so ridiculous and hilarious that I am watching show for it’s farce value. But

12. GUNFIGHTER
    So. Calif.
    July 28, 2012, 12:15 am

This show is a joke. More of the same out of focus balls of light as all the other UFO shows. Just a bunch of people running around at night with their silly camera fixtures like the Sasquatch Hunters. They don’t show us anything, NO science involved. They’re scared of their shadows at night when they hear some critter in the bushes. Give it up, there’s nothing here. I believe UFOs are real, I just wish we could see some real proof. This show doesn’t even come close.
    Gunfighter

13. Cecilia Bai
    Northern California,USA
    July 29, 2012, 4:22 pm

Reg: Last Fridays Episode, I’m a huge fan of the show and enjoy all your points of view on the subject of UFO’s/E.T’s. The Gentleman in Colorado that put a surveliance outside his house and a supposed alien bobbing his head outside I cant believe you guys actually bought that one!! That was defintly a kid in a costume!!! I have no degree and I figured that one out lol!!! I still LOVE your show!!

14. Gus Gus
    Hingham, Ma.
    August 3, 2012, 11:47 pm

If you guys really want to see if aliens REALLY do exist, then i suggest you take a look at movie The Fourth Kind. Its backed up with hard copy and more like victims and police cam footage. Fly up to Nome, Alaska. these people have actually been abducted and returned. kothing would make good TV. than see the hosts of the show get abducted. do you have the balls to do it. Gus Gus

15. Max Anderson
    Australia
    August 17, 2012, 7:24 am

@Gus Gus: Sorry to disappoint you, but The Fourth Kind is a completely fictitious “mockumentary”. When I watched it I too was taken in and felt angry and disappointed when I discovered it pretended to be a documentary but wasn’t at all. In fact, it was filmed in Bulgaria! See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind

16. Evelyn
    Phoenix Az
    November 14, 2013, 11:39 pm

Well I don’t know about the Phoenix Lights, because i personally did not see it (wish I did), but I did see something very very strange on Oct 23, 2010 standing right in my front yard looking to the North of Phx. around 7:20m. 2 objects what appeared to be fire balls came out of the sky falling towards earth and then criss-crossed each other then stop in mid-air. They then appeared to open up like a globe and I seen red/white lights, but my husband seen blue/white ?? Then the one on the left blinked 2x and the one on the right did the same this went on 2 more times each…as if they were talking to each other – then the one on the right moved sideways towards the east. In all my born days I’ve never seen a craft of ours do this…I will never ever believe what we seen were flares it was nothing I’ve ever seen in my life. I was very shook up and had to go lay down…watched the 9pm news it was mentioned 1x then never again on the 10pm news. From then on I have seen approx 4 more sightings of white bright lights moving across the Arizona skies. They are very high almost what appears as high as stars. They are moving with direction mainly to the north or moving east. My husband and I seen our last sighting on Oct 31, 2013 @ 6:30pm a white light moving in the south towards South Mountains. I’ve lived here all my life born and raised. I’m telling you something is up there and not all are our military testing. Why would they test right over the city?? no way…this is real. I hope more people from Phoenix come forward these sightings are increasing. We think we might be living on a highway of some sort and this is why AZ see’s so much. I swear my statement is true.