Tonight’s premiere of Chasing UFOs has the blogosphere buzzing – and it’s no wonder. Between questions of which presidential candidate is better equipped to handle an alien invasion (Obama apparently), Ryder’s plan to feed Chuck Norris to hostile aliens, Miss Universe’s challenge to potential alien beauty queens and our impending Wow! Reply, there’s plenty to talk about.  And if you’re looking to dig a little deeper into this world, look no further than the bloggers below, who talk UFOs and paranormal activity daily.  Read on for a taste of what they’ve been discussing in anticipation of the show:

World Mysteries shares “evidence” that there may be intelligent life on other planets and asks their readers to weigh in. Here are a few of the responses:

“Is there intelligent life on other planets? That is a moot question. It would be more realistic to consider if there is intelligent life on Planet Earth.” -Ab Asaff

“As there are billions of planets in the Universe it’s ludicrous to think that many do NOT hold ‘alive’, ‘intelligent’ and even ‘conscious’ entities (not that the latter would necessarily need a physical space to exist as consciousness transends time & space).” -Ian

“For those of you waiting for evidence that aliens and UFOs exist the time has arrived. My own UFO story here in San Diego has made the front page of every newspaper in town and for good reason. My accidental photo of 10 daylight UFOs taken on July 1 1990 has provided a lost sacred symbol successfully linking UFOs to each other as well as countless ancient artifacts and the Nazca Lines in Peru. The Los Angeles Times, who broke the story, have labeled the evidence on my non-profit website and Youtube video ‘UNSETTLING’.” -Mike Orrell

Click through to World Mysteries to read more or to add your own opinion to the discussion.

We’ve been talking a lot about the Wow! Signal recieved in 1977 – Javier Ortega at Ghost Theory provides some more background on the cosmic bleep and talks about a possible connection that goes back another 10 years to 1967:

“But hold on a minute! Let’s take this back yet another decade. Taking it back 45 years ago, on the night of October 4th, 1967, when residents of a small and tranquil fishing village saw what they believed to be an airplane in distress. From a distance, many observed large orange lights flying at a low altitude. With a fiery roar, the objects whooshed through the dark sky and dove straight into the shallow waters of Shag Harbour. The sighting that night was not of an airplane in distress, but rather one of Canada’s most famous UFO sightings. The infamous Shag Harbour UFO incident.

The 1967 UFO incident goes down as one of the most credible because of the involvement with Canadian and American military forces. So exactly 10 years after this important UFO sighting, we received the strange signal from space. As if the aliens were reaching out to say: ‘We know you’re home!’”

Read more at Ghost Theory.

Alejandro Rojas from UFO Daily News had the opportunity to do a little UFO chasing of his own with James, Ben and Ryder.  While he’s a fan of the whole crew, he was especially taken with Ryder and I can’t say that I’m surprised – Lara Croft has got nothing on this girl.  As Alejandro shares:

“Don’t get me wrong, she is not just your token pretty co-host, she is actually an executive producer of the show, and incredibly accomplished. She has traveled the world climbing mountains, scaling glaciers, and doing a lot of other stuff I would probably end up hurting myself if I tried. You may recognize her from SyFy’sDestination Truth. I can attest to her athleticism. We chose a hill top as a base camp for our night sky watch and I was astounded to see her run up and down the hill several times with loads of heavy equipment.”

Read more about his time with the crew at UFO Daily News.

Thanks to our friends who shared their thoughts with us!  Tune in tonight at 9 and 10 PM ET/PT for the premiere episode of Chasing UFOs and don’t forget to add your message to the Wow! Reply with the hashtag #chasingufos.

Comments

1. Dennis Jurek
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    June 29, 2012, 8:53 pm

Really! The show is full of pottie mouths and fakes. A light in the sky isn’t an alien space craft. The dopes you have on the show are rediculus. I can’t believe NATGEO would result to such a down grade in programming. I saw the Sicence Channel go from good to stupid, now they show things like How Its Made “Green Beans” and stuff. Please back away from this type of programming.

2. Dana Fitzgerald
    Tulsa, OK
    June 29, 2012, 8:54 pm

Tonight, June 29, 2012 is the first time I have see the show Chasing UFO’s. The show seems to have potential except for Erin Ryder. When I start to think she could not possibly be more obnoxious or annoying, she does or says something to prove me wrong! She needs to be either removed from the show or “toned down.” Her Rambo demeanor, “good cop/bad cop” ideas are hurting the show. If you want people to take this show and topic seriously, do something about Ryder. I suggest you replace her with someone more professional and less Rambo. This is my first show of yours to watch and I find myself muting her every time she comes on. If she continues on the show next season (or this season if you have not finished filming) I will not watch next season. If one person feels this way about her you can bet others do also….
    Dana Fitzgerald,
    Tulsa, OK

3. dominick
    new jersey
    June 29, 2012, 8:58 pm

You should be ashamed showing this farce of a documentery.I have been interested in UFOs for 40 years and this is nothing more than a no fact waste of time .Try doing sonme real reserch. Your show is an insult to investirgaters such as Stant Friedman. Sounds like this Texas town could use some tourtists

4. c. monnat
    friendswood
    June 29, 2012, 9:01 pm

If i could send a message into space id say PLEASE take our president and replace him with a new one!!!!!!

5. Jim
    NY
    June 29, 2012, 9:03 pm

First show is almost mover, I hope it gets better. Old stories re-hashed. Nothing new here.

6. J Kizer
    Central Texas
    June 29, 2012, 9:07 pm

I was looking forward to a new show addressing the subject of UFOs. I’ve witnessed unusual objects in the sky two different occasions in my younger days, so I’ve always been interested in the subject… Unfortunately, “Chasing UFOS” seems to copy the formats of other similar “paranormal” investigation shows, to the point it is laughable, and unnecessary… I’m unimpressed with the quality of the “experts”, and the attempts to dramatize interviews with long silent pauses makes me want to look for other programs to watch… Although, some of the stuff these people have caught on video IS intriguing…

7. Gene
    Wyoming
    June 29, 2012, 9:11 pm

Howdy!
    I’m watching your program and it is very entertaining! You asked what I would say to a UFO and to send my comments to you so here is what I would say:
    I would tell the “aliens” in their UFO’s to go home and take Obama and Biden with them. Wait, would that be an act of intergalactic war? Screw it! Go for it! Please send them that message!

8. Jerry Ross
    Brier, WA
    June 29, 2012, 9:19 pm

Shame on you National Geographic… you’re better than this. “Chasing UFO’s” is a blatant ripoff of the History Channel show, “UFO Files” that has been on the air for at least four years if not more. Plus, their personalities and presentation are more believable than this clone & their narrator fits the concept far better too.

9. Springer
    Virginia
    June 29, 2012, 9:25 pm

Really? As a geographer, it pains me to see this show on National Geographic. I thought this was the channel for real scientific/investigative documentaries. Now this show with these clowns.

10. Kristina
    June 29, 2012, 9:39 pm

Lame, annoying, boring, pointless, laughable, disappointing, assinine, unprofessional, phony, complete and utter sheisse. Not NatGeo material.

11. David Long
    Missouri
    June 29, 2012, 10:00 pm

This show is a complete joke. If they really thought they were being followed by white vehicles. Why didn’t they trace the license plate of that white van. They took the time to blur it out.

12. Marc
    Pennsylvania
    June 29, 2012, 10:06 pm

Show has potential, but is lacking in the investigative department. In the episode where they see the white vehicle “tracking” them why not go confront the SUV instead of running away? Why when they discover the cave with the supposed underground facility do they turn tail and run? They set a camera atop a hill and decide that an hour is sufficient time to leave it recording… seriously… and then don’t even follow up on it. Middle schoolers have better research and analysis techniques than this show exhibits.

13. Jim
    Newport News, VA
    June 29, 2012, 10:16 pm

I am abeliever in UFOs…but man…watch a crock of nonsense you debuted tongiht in two episodes of Chasing UFOs…..From Finding Bigfoot to this….you belitttle and parody true investigation with garbage. What plans do you have for next season? Surfing with Champ? Losers

14. DH
    NYC
    June 29, 2012, 10:17 pm

What a grand discovery during the first show… a National Guard base. The team bravely revealed an actual flying helicopter…what else are they hiding. I may have missed something though. I was deleting old spam emails during the show and found that more interesting.

15. Jim
    Newport News, VA
    June 29, 2012, 10:18 pm

Oh,,, and C. Monnat from friednswood must be a racist Rove – Big Daddy rub buddy!

16. Raptor
    GA
    June 29, 2012, 10:28 pm

What happened to NatGeo? This is the most uneducated bunch of moronic investigstors I have ever seen (wait, I forgot about the BigFoot Show). An investigator does not see something that looks like a flying saucer to me (the traditional Lost in Space Jupiter II) and then stop to review the film instead of running after the object to get a closer realistic view.
    Also; do they not have watches to tell them when sunset is? Investigating a 120 year old explosion (crash site) at night looking for debri, common guys (and gals) put some real thought into these shows.
    and OMG; wait, stop team, there is movement. I personally have never seen such a mobility vehicle with 4 tires on something called a road. It must be the secret agents following them, not someone in an SUV wondering why 3 people with camers and lights are doing in a field at night. Really strange, I must admit.

17. Scott V
    Vancouver Washington
    June 29, 2012, 10:28 pm

National Geographic is a respected name. This show is contrived and empty of any educational value nor entertaining. Really a shame NG!

18. Fred B
    Los Angeles
    June 29, 2012, 10:31 pm

Halfway through the show I am wincing and groaning. This show is so contrived and hokey that it will actually DAMAGE the fine reputation which NatGeo has.
    We have been suckered by garbage reality shows for years now so we know it when we see it. Only viewers under 17 and the mentally ill will be regular watchers. The girl is really grating. The whole thing is nauseatingly formulaic.

Either do some serious and competent UFO investigation or just take this wretched fake show off the air before you irretrievable humiliate yourselves.

19. Rob
    nj
    June 29, 2012, 10:37 pm

I was really looking foward to this show.As someone that has had encounters of the 1st and 3rd kind i look for others who may have had incidents.
    This just seemed really fake in a lot of scenes. Everywhere they went they seemed to catch UFOs flying everywhere. I was waitimg for them to wake up in the night and there be 12 Aliens laying in bed with them or something.If you see a craft in the distance hovering in the distance why would you not start heading toward it to get a better look.
    Some of the videos that people showed were interesting though.

20. Marian
    usa
    June 29, 2012, 10:46 pm

Boring show.

21. cody
    mississippi
    June 29, 2012, 11:06 pm

Umm… I have a ufo sighting on lower mississippi and noone believes me, except my dad cause he was with me. So here is the story.
    Me and my dad were hunting and and I saw this object and it looked like a star but it was brighter and it slowly went straigjt down then it started goin to the right then I turned me headto shiw my head

22. Mr Ed
    Tennessee
    June 29, 2012, 11:10 pm

What’s the deal with the cameras/lights attached to the investigators? I liked it when they were snooping around a secured area. Your kidding right?

23. cody
    mississippi
    June 29, 2012, 11:10 pm

I turned my head to show my dad and when I looked back it was gone. I want answers. Did anyone else see that is liwer mississippi

24. Parker
    Az
    June 29, 2012, 11:11 pm

I don’t even know where to begin. I expected so much more from NatGeo. This show was a total joke. We were actually laughing at it until we couldn’t take it anymore. Deleted it from season pass. Come on NatGeo you are way better than this.

25. stephen
    Los Angeles
    June 30, 2012, 12:39 am

I was very disappointed in this show; it was little more than a handful of people driving around chatting and poking into the bushes with flashlights while telling stories. There was really no substance at all, nothing new or interesting; I finally just quit watching it after about 30 min.

26. Stan Banos
    San Francisco
    June 30, 2012, 1:07 am

I don’t have cable, but since everyone knows Nat Geo is a Grade A, serious class act- I just had to see the 2 hr. premiere of Nat Geo Chasing UFO’S last night. Luckily, I had a neighbor who would tolerate my enthusiasm. Finally, we would be treated to a high tech, scientific, no bullshit, Nat Geo UFO Investigation Extravaganza!!! Yes, sir- everyone knows… Nat Geo does not fuck around!

I profusely apologized and left before the first hour was up. It was the same very sad and very tired formula of every other ghost searching, Bigfoot witch hunt in the dark and oh so scary woods. What was that? Did you hear that! Whoa! What the f… was that!? Did you see that?

Yes- I have… A hundred, thousand times before- although never had I seen it from the likes of a supposedly reputable and fact based name brand. And name brand is all it was, and all it served to demean.

One eyewitness showed very clear footage of a UFO (yes, that was exactly what it was- an Unidentified Flying Object) he took from his backyard. Cool! Next stop- video analysis, right!? Certainly, with today’s computer/digital technology they could at the very least tell if it was doctored- at the very, absolute least!! Cut to commercial, and when the Linda Hamilton Terminator impersonator returns, she proclaims that they were “Kickin’ it old school” by investigating newspaper accounts in the local library, which in turn leads to an 1891 account of a meteor exploding locally and scattering fragments all over the neighborhood- which they then proceed to look for a hundred years later… at night!

That’s right, this ‘serious, in depth investigation’ didn’t even perform the most cursory digital examination of said video- and I was supposed to stay for another hour!?!?

27. Kris
    Villa Rica - Douglasville Georgia
    June 30, 2012, 1:26 am

Sorry, this show is to much like Fact or Faked. :( I want to see more evidence instead of “self described scientists” explanations of what the people of Texas saw that night in 2008. On top of all of that … the show is kinda boring to. Nothing special. Don’t plan to watch again.

28. Marcia
    California
    June 30, 2012, 2:07 am

Watch the show tonight . But was very dissapoined for one the girl on the show big mouth so much that all i can remember of her was all the bad language she use.I honesty hated that every time she talk was to say funk this or that . I agree it was very annoying . There only real thing was the people giving thier stories. Have been a UFO resercher for over 30 years. And this is not what i excpected,
    it’s almost laughable. Sorry my honest opinion.

29. Jerry DeMas
    Hatfield,Pa
    June 30, 2012, 8:41 am

I agree with the above comments. This show is Jerry Springer meets Monster Quest. It is pure garbage. I want to see real people stories and real reporters- NOT DRAMA PRODUCING WANT-A-BEs. Now I have to un-program my
    dvr. I am loosing hope that the old reliable credible organizations have succumbed to money grabbing. Lets have 60 minutes do the show! NatGeo -shame on you.

ole

30. Lisa
    Nashville
    June 30, 2012, 9:59 am

Really James you’re better than this! These shows were an insult!

31. Jessica Parker
    June 30, 2012, 11:03 am

This has to be the most fake fail attempt at a show I have ever witnessed. The promos made it look really interesting but it looks like nothing more than ‘finding bigfoot’ with youtube videos after commercials especially on the preview for one of the later episodes in which “omfg there is an alien in the window!”. This was a youtube hoax from 2005 or 2006 if I recall. Also “Okay let’s do this while there is still daylight”. They’ve said that in the first two episodes I have seen… Guess what, THEY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING AT NIGHT AFTER SAYING THAT. Rather than perform any research during the day they resort to doing it all at night. Who the fsck uses a metal detector at night when looking for crash debris. Derrrrrrr let’s look for reflective material and signs of stuff, but let’s do it with our eyes closed and our fingers up our false.

-Jessica.

32. Dave
    Connecticut
    June 30, 2012, 11:37 am

Very disappointing. The filming at night with the lighting on the investigators is ridiculous. Why in the world are they looking for artifacts from a ufo crash at night? And who the heck cares about some wild hogs chasing these guys in the woods. The show has potential, but it has to start focusing on research into the actual events, and stop trying to make the 3 researchers star in an action adventure series. Please…get rid of the hideous night shots that rip off the Blair Witch Project….so dumb. I’d love to see a serious show without all the fluff.

33. Mary
    Florida
    June 30, 2012, 12:31 pm

Horrible show- there is no reason for the foul language and copycat format of Finding Bigfoot and other investigative shows.

34. Rick Davis
    pa, june 30 4:00pm
    June 30, 2012, 3:11 pm

Jamie How could you do this. Not Fact or Faked but as ryder puts it (bleeped). Oil rigs in the gulf of Mexico shot from the air are not, I repeat (NOT) UFO’s. Please dont commit the sin of the others by going green — 3,2,1– What the Bleep is that. please address the topic a bit more seriously or shows like this will only feed the negative attitudes of the scientific community. Science needs to do more not be given fuel for ridicule. Like Genie from wyo

35. momaknowsbest
    us
    June 30, 2012, 4:19 pm

The documentary Sirius http://www.sirius.neverendinglight.com/
    by Dr Steven Greer(disclosure project) is going to disclose within weeks or months at most.The truth about UFO’s they are peaceful and are here to help us stop the nuclear arms..And with new technology

He has gotten some of the most respected ,comprehensive, dedicated ,honest, educated researchers in this field together for The Srius documentary.
    He will have expert witnesses and high ranking military personnel that had direct involvement with Space beings.
    Of note Dr Greer has had direct contact . He will also expose free energy that has been hidden. I love his documentaries and interviews lots on Youtube. Here is the update on disclosure http://www.sirius.neverendinglight.com/

36. dethenigma
    June 30, 2012, 6:15 pm

I watched the – ‘farce’ – called Chasing UFO’s. – ¬_¬
    Seriously? – I was looking forward to the show and seeing if it was going to show a difference in opinions on things, with valid credible research, interesting characters/researchers, and maybe enlighten (more) on the topic/subject. ~ however ~ I am disappointed that this was not the case.
    I saw three (bungling) researchers, driving around in a black van (<– MiB homage?) who apparent;ly have nothing else better to do than waste NatGeo's money on this (dumb-cumenary)
    The show reminded me of that (other) idiocy show (on that SyChannel) where – 'a team' of investigators would pick and chose what to investigate only to argue on its validity w/o even having open minds.
    However, being (fair) as I am about these types of shows, I will give a few more episodes before dropping it. – let's hope it changes its ways before its lost in spaces Black-hole…

37. gmh
    earth
    June 30, 2012, 8:04 pm

The comments!
    And these people think somebody who wears “magical underware”is going to save the USA?
    His company created jobs alright….in Mexico, Korea, China etc….Just a rich jerk.

38. Stephen B.
    June 30, 2012, 8:19 pm

Watched the first show and have to say “What a Joke”. Its quite embarrassing when a channel as good as NatGeo drops to the level of the History or Science Channels with a show as hokey as this one. Try doing some real investigation or contact some of the more legit UFO Investigators for advice on how to present a show such as this. Very sad indeed!

39. Yellowrose
    North Texas
    June 30, 2012, 9:32 pm

Watched “Chasing UFO’s: Dirty Secrets” tonight and was so disappointed in National Geographics for airing such junk on their channel. The MUFON guy in the “UFO Busters” mobile was a total joke! It even had lights on it like a police car! Bet he even had a siren on it. This program, including the “Texas Is For Sightings” episode, is nothing less than an insult to the serious and devoted researchers who have spent many years I
    s kind of trash

40. patrick
    Germany
    July 1, 2012, 6:48 am

I must agree with the above posters comments regarding Miss Ryder. She is painful to watch. I fast forward when she speaks so I do not have to hear her voice.
    I, like other views was hoping that this was actually going to be a show with serious investigations. It is basically ghost hunters, but even more ridiculous. For example, hunting for metal fragments from the 1800′s at night over unfamiliar ground! Are you kidding? Why would anyone do this?
    The show really is a disappointment. At a minimum, please get rid of Miss Ryder for a more reasonable person.

41. Indrid Cold
    July 1, 2012, 7:08 am

This show could have been good but it is so over the top full of stupid people. Ditto on Ryder. Get rid of her. She is so full of herself and degrades the show big time. Why not a true “Scully” and not some over compensating power female.

Why can’t Nat Geo have a serious show about investigating UFO’s and not the typical Ghost Hunter/Facted or Faked type shows that are for pure entertainment and most scenes are either staged or imbellished for dramatic effect.

I don’t see this show lasting 1 season at it’s present state. A major revamp or different approach might save it.

42. Linda
    July 1, 2012, 11:38 am

Again and again I ask: Why Nat Geo??? Why are you wasting your time, money, and intellectual capital on this dreck?

Searching a site at night? Really? Can’t you wait until daylight to see the alleged effects of a century-old meteor hit?

Stupid stupid stupid.

43. Mark Adrian
    July 1, 2012, 10:10 pm

My wife and I are huge sci-fi fans but more importantly we like shows like Ancient aliens were there is some challenge to the brain and intelligent hypothesis – You guys had a great opportunity with a built in audience to have an intelligent and exciting new show and you turned it into an insulting joke! Gee let me see if I can find a needle in a hay stack, but I’ll wait until it’s dark at night before I start looking so I can use my cool IR camera – Shame on you for thinking we’re all so stupid- I’m done with your BS show

44. Mark Adrian
    July 1, 2012, 10:23 pm

I will be happy to take out the ending BS part if you want?

45. jdat70
    Texas
    July 1, 2012, 10:29 pm

Chasing Ufo’s was the worst Ufo program I have seen in Years, It just was hard to watch, and will not watch it again!

46. JD
    Florida
    July 2, 2012, 8:27 am

after months of waiting for this show to air and the expectation of NAT GEO’s educated take on other subjects I was expecting better this show is DRECK totally and without hesitation a waste of time it begs certain questions such as: why would you investigate a past event at night? why is everyone whispering? why use low light cameras on steady mounts instead of having a camera man film it? they even made the connection to the blair witch project? 45 minutes of the hour spent on walking to the sight and 11 minutes of discussion of the incidents and I’m left with the feeling my eyes have been violated by a teenager with a handy cam!!!
    seriously NAT GEO IS BETTER THAN THIS I give it two thumbs way down. When I think of the money spent on advertising this monstrosity I am deeply saddened.

47. DS
    California
    July 3, 2012, 1:06 am

I’m sorry but have to say some things about this show. I have never written any critiques on any show before in my life and frankly, feel bad that I’m doing it now. I have nothing personally against the people in the show, they seem like nice folks. I want to believe and have had a passion for UFOlogy my whole life and always look forward to new shows that discuss this topic. I looked forward to seeing Chasing UFOs. Sadly, “Chasing UFOs” is by far the most ridiculously stupid show on UFOs that I have ever seen. Taking the same premise as every other UFO/conspiracy/testing type show today, 3 people riding around in a vehicle, (usually two guys and a chick) going places to investigate story-lines (geeeesh, how about some originality here). But this is the only comparison to other previous shows.

The other shows are at least reasonably believable and based on qualified contributors, facts and perceived possibilities based on science, investigative research and using interesting B-Roll and meaningful interviews to back up theory. Chasing UFOs is more of an advertisement for night vision cameras and lighting. What’s up with doing everything at night, running around in fields and woods with unnecessary and useless constant close ups with dumb facial expressions. . . ..I mean, what. . . .are you trying to sneak up on the aliens? Are you hoping to find a UFO behind the bush? You have to wander in the fields and woods at night for a better view of the sky? What in the hell? . . . . .the show isn’t about Chasing UFOs, it’s more about being human Fireflies.

And what’s with wearing the worn out quilted winter jacket when everyone else has shorts and T-shirts on? Seriously, how in the hell did this show ever get on television. I watched the first show with great anticipation, hoping for another thought provoking show and I kept watching and wondering if what I was was watching was supposed to be a comedy. Whether it was meant to be a comedy or not, the show is an absolute joke. It’s hard to imagine, even if people tried, how they could make this show any worse.

In episode 2, you’re all worried about being seen in the dark? Well, turn off all the lights you have shining on yourselves. HELLO! You’re all running around like walking Christmas Trees as if you’re looking for night crawlers instead of UFOs. Please, do all of the believers out there a favor, stop the show before you make a mockery out of what is still – for millions of us out there – a serious and interesting passion.

48. Jason B
    Gulf breeze
    July 3, 2012, 3:06 am

What a waste of time. Nat Geo is poking fun at UFO enthusiasts. I was so excited to see the show. I was so disappointed I quit watching after 30 mins. Shame on you NG.

49. Frank Kimbler
    Roswell, NM
    July 4, 2012, 9:25 am

I spent the day filming with the Chasing UFO folks for the episode that airs on July 13th called UFO Landing. There was some good science done in the field. I can’t wait to see how much of it, if any, got to the show. In our multimedia world the entertainment factor is key to success for a science/adventure show.

50. Deeno
    virginia
    July 5, 2012, 1:25 pm

change the channel and watch ancient aliens, at least you will find some entertainment value.
    I was so disappointed from an organization that use to produce such high quality shows.
    Some advice
    -try catering to an audience above 13 years old
    -don’t take an hour to disclose 5 minutes of old material
    -drop the Blair Witch project shaky night camera work, it sucks!

51. Bill Thompson
    Lakeland, Florida
    July 6, 2012, 11:20 am

More bubblegum please, Give me a break. The show “I Know What I Saw”, to me is one of the best produced so far on the subject of UFO’s. Prehaps the producers should watch that a few times. I kept expecting Matt Moneyman to pop out and say it ” smells squwachi”!!! Keep trying though…

52. juan lopez
    north hollywood
    July 7, 2012, 1:18 am

national geographic !!!!???? please take this show off the air! like now!!??? way to staged to be on National Geographic …always been a fan of your channel but this makes me want to put a pen trough eye balls and slam my face onto my tv screen….

53. Jessica Parker
    July 7, 2012, 8:53 am

I must point out that I’m happy to see that other people thought it was retarded of them to shoot at night lol.

54. Al Rodriguez
    Nevada
    July 7, 2012, 5:13 pm

Well, it is true that the Roman rabble had its Colosseum, the gladiators, the exotic savage beasts, and all the blood and gore. But in spite of our base human nature and the sheer banality of most people, after 2000 years you would have thought we as human beings, would have culturally developed a more sophisticated concept of what constitutes “entertainment” by now.

First it was ScyFi’s “Ghost Hunters” chasing after non-existent ghosts, though to give credit where credit is due, at least they seemed to go about it in a more pseudo-scientific and serious way, and not so overtly exaggerated, sensationalistic, and full of antics, as some other ghost hunting copy-cats that followed in their footsteps.

Then it was Animal Planet’s “Finding Big Foot” with Moneymaker and his bunch of circus clowns howling in the woods at night like madmen, with low lux cameras pointed at their ugly snouts, FLIR footage of Bobo running in his monkey suit through the woods, Moneymaker finding everything “squatchy” and the group claiming that they had incontrovertible evidence of Big Foot because of some scat they found, which was actually Bobo’s defecating in the woods.

Now we have this other group of idiots, running around at night with low lux cameras pointing at their snouts, taking FLIR footage showing the heat signature hits of alien “Jackalopes”, and other critters, hopping through the bushes at night, running over fences with dogs chasing after them, jumping up fire scape ladders as if it were Mission Impossible, and doing all sorts of uncalled for sensationalistic acrobatics, chasing, of all things, after “little green men”! Being accosted all the time, of course, by “Men in Black” driving white vans (you would think the Men in Black would drive black vans?).

I know all of it is, quote: “entertainment”, and is all well and good – at least it is not like those other dramas on TV nowadays about the good, old, traditional gladiators hacking each other savagely to pieces in ancient Rome – apparently harkening back to the time-tested tried and true two-thousand-year-old form of “entertainment” the Romans were so very fond of. But, c’mon guys! Where are you going to draw the line at insulting our intelligence???

And why would you have bimbo Ryder in the program climbing up fire scapes if not to make it “Hooters Meets the Invaders From Mars”? LOL! Give me a break!

55. CJ
    July 8, 2012, 1:18 am

It seems these investigators do little more than waste time and act dumb.

Is NatGeo trying to make a mockery out of “other worldly interactions?” IMO, I see 3 people that don’t have a clue about what they’re doing, while at the same time, running around trying to discredit actual UFO events.

The numbers of respected & credible UFO investigators is vast, so there’s no excuse for this kindergarten display, unless the goal truly is to make a joke out of UFOs and their contacts.

Something NatGeo should understand, is that most people watching this show have more knowledge about the UFO Phenomenon than these three investigators put together.

56. Bob Sandefur
    July 8, 2012, 5:41 pm

So the team faces the grave danger of a 400 lb boar in the darkness. They are so brave. Guys, It was obviously a cow they heard that night. Well still very brave, maybe it was a mad cow. This part of the show was very telling of their observations and conclusions. They hear a cow, wrongly assume it’s a boar and thus make it out to be something it isn’t.

57. Dave
    July 9, 2012, 5:58 pm

OK, I reluctantly watched the 2nd week episode. Yes, it was just as dumb as the first week shows. James, if you had any credibility as a serious UFO investigator, it’s obviously all gone now. On a positive note, maybe if they have an award for the worst reality show on TV….you guys would win that hands down.

58. DS
    California
    July 9, 2012, 6:49 pm

The biggest problem with this show is that all episodes are probably already in the can and air time has been purchased/allocated so the show will run until they’re out of episodes already shot. The other reality is that TV Channels love Show feedback, even if it’s all negative because they look at it as people being passionate about the show even if we all think it’s pathetic. Sadly, shows like this can become cult classics for reasons that weren’t (even remotely) originally intended or conceived. Can you imagine if Mystery Science Theater 3000 was still on the air? Chasing UFOs would provide them with enough material for eternity. So what to do. . .there isn’t any good sitcoms on TV anymore so lets just look at Chasing UFOs as the modern day Three Stooges. . .
    Better yet, it’s best to not watch the show at all.

59. Jerry DeMas
    On my couch
    July 10, 2012, 2:20 pm

I would like to subscribe to NatGeo magazine so I could cancel it. Where is the integrity of your organization? As long as I remember the magazine and TV program was valid information and entertaining. Read your blogs and see that who ever green lighted this trash has seriously damaged your brands credibility.

It would be in your best interest to remove the program immediately and replace it with an a apology to your viewers.

Sorry for your loss
    Jerry DeMas

60. Amano
    Chicago, IL
    July 13, 2012, 9:07 pm

NATGEO – you got to be kidding me. What a bunch of stupid and nonsense of a show. I cannot believe NATGEO has become to this low level of a senseless show. Sure, bring on the scientific facts about UFOs but not this silliness. I will never watch another stupid show like this.

61. YarsRevenge
    July 13, 2012, 10:31 pm

Wow, I knew this show was gonna be a joke from the previews… but I never dreamed that it would be THIS RIDICULOUS!!! Geez, it’s just like Bigfoot Hunters except with aliens, but worse!

I think the biggest letdown of all is the fact that James Fox, who I once respected, has had anything to do with this piece garbage, much less actually STAR as one of the three stooges on the show.

It’s Bigfoot Hunters, Blair Witch Project, and The Three Stooges all wrapped up in one. I seriously thought that it couldn’t get much worse than Ancient Aliens, or UFO Hunters, boy was I wrong!

Please, please show some integrity NatGeo, and STOP while your ahead!

As for James Fox, I can only shake my head… shame on you.

62. Jeff
    CT
    July 13, 2012, 10:46 pm

This is NOT net geo material. How does a show like this make it on the air? There is ZERO substance. I totally agree with the comment “its the Blair project” Seriously? Shaky camera work. Half the show is them running around at night taking things wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo seriously. The woman on the show acts like she’s being chased by an assassin for the whole episode. This show is the biggest joke of all UFO shows I’ve seen. Please get this show off the air or on a different network. Its damaging the National Geographic name. I’m voting with my remote and will not watch any more episodes.

63. Al Rodriguez
    Nevada
    July 18, 2012, 6:16 am

Well, at least you can say that Ryder is supremely qualified for this absurd program. I mean, besides being the mandatory bimbo that has to be included in every show to appeal to the 18 – 35 male audience, look at all the experience she’s had traipsing around the globe with Josh Gates in “Destination Truth (or not)” chasing after non-existent “paranormal phenomenon”,”boogeymen”, and obscure cryptos no one has even ever heard about – I swear, I think they actually make some of them up, like the African hyena on steroids they foolishly chased one night in the Serengeti in one of the programs, just to fill the programming!

I thought it was bad enough to see Josh Gates, Ryder, and their team of immature Destination Truth misfit miscreants, at the ScyFy channel, traveling, vacationing, and seeking thrills in exotic locations at the production’s expense; while running around and behaving like rowdy college kids on “Spring Break”, mocking our intelligence with their exaggerated, affectated, and out-of-place, antics; and approaching their investigations with the least amount of seriousness, professionalism, and or scientific objectivity. All they do every time something paranormal supposedly happens, and or they get a hit in their thermal cameras of some supposed crypto, is to scream, shout, gesticulate, and fling around their arms wildly – like that bunch of exited hominid facing the black monolith in Stanley Kubrick’s film ‘2001 A Space Odyssey’ – contaminating the evidence and drowning any supposedly unexplained sounds with all their hysteric bawling!

And every time they find a bone supposedly from “El Chupacabras”, and or a piece of scat from “Big Foot” in the woods of Siberia, and they take it back to the Museum of Natural History in L.A. to be analyzed (how they manage to get it through Customs without it being quarantined and seized is beyond me), it invariably turns out to be a piece of chicken bone, or the scat of one of Josh’s cameramen defecating in the woods!

But Ryder has sure taken it all up to a new level with this new show of hers “Chasing UFOs”!

Now she’s chasing “Little Green Men”, and, supposedly, intelligent beings from other planets obligingly show up in the skies whenever they happen to be filming. How convenient! And all we get is theatrics, hearsay, and these idiots running through the bushes at night with low-lux cameras pointed at their ugly snouts! How elucidating!

Actually, it is somewhat of a ‘Poetic Justice’ that the “alien being” they encountered in the show the other day would be a cow. After all, don’t UFO nuts allege cows are abducted by aliens, and mutilated? Well, maybe the cow that Ryder and her team of ludicrous UFO chasers encountered was a bovine “alien abductee”! LOL!

64. Alex
    Florida
    July 19, 2012, 9:58 am

Actually, the points the previous poster makes seem to be quite on target and very relevant, as in the new season of ‘Destination Truth’ that just premiered, Josh Gates, Ryder, and their team of clowns do chase after UFOs, as seen in the previous for next week’s show.

Apparently they are running out of mythical animals and cryptozoological critters to invent, and or non-existent ghosts to chase in abandoned exotic places around the world, and are now falling back on “chasing aliens”.

It would be laughable, were it not for how pathetic it is that such garbage would air on the Discovery Channel, and far worse, that some people actually do watch it.

65. DS
    California
    July 22, 2012, 12:00 am

A friend begged me to watch the show again. I agreed that I would – why, I have no idea. He wanted to have his opinion validated that all of us critics out there are missing the point. He is convinced that the show is (intentionally) supposed to be a comedy and a joke. A subliminal slapstick, ridiculous created/plotted/acted joke. I told him he was giving the show way more time and way more energy than it deserved but. . . .I suppose he may be right. After all, how many adults run around at night trying to see things in the dark sky with lights shining in their eyes. Yep. No doubt about it. It’s a comedy alright and the joke appears to be on us. Now, stop bothering me so I can go back to watching something more believable like waiting in the dark for the tooth fairy to show up with lights shining in my face.

66. Katherine
    Chicago
    July 22, 2012, 9:33 pm

I wish National Geographic, which was an institution that I USED to respect, would stop putting on these pseudo science shows…UFO, River Monsters, so much crap tv. Some people actually believe some of these things now because they think they are coming from real scientists. What a disgrace this is for what used to be such a respected organization.

67. Barry
    CALIFORNIA
    August 11, 2012, 1:46 am

Doesn’t Ryder kind of look like Steven Tyler of Aerosmith?
    Oh and the show…..wow!! who thought up this stinker

68. Dyran
    tasmania
    November 28, 2012, 11:00 pm

this is the worst doco i have ever ever seen im a believer in every thing extraterrestrial but this show is just crap the guys staring in this show shouldnt be allowed in any documentary shame on you nat geo

69. Larry Curleanmo
    December 7, 2012, 3:57 pm

These guys are not actually chasing UFOs, they are actually chasing pictures and videos of ufos. Actually I won’t allow my kids in the actual room when Ryder talks with her filthy potty mouth. Actually who wants the actual kids not to actually hear f(beep), for then they try to figure out what the
    f(beep) [jump cut to commercial]

[after commercial] for then they try to figure out what the
    f(beep) actually is. Filthy. Actually filthy.

Oh, and do they actually have to say ACTUALLY so much? And learn to say A’s as A’s or short-A (AH) not AWH. Awhctually.

Funny thing is when Ryder was so blown away by a UFO that disappeared when she was in the truck in FL, there was a funny V-shaped thing in the upper right corner moving to the right off screen. Prob. a bug, but if it’s not identified, it’s a UFO. Better UFO than she saw.

And why think all UFOs mean ET flying saucers? Stupid.

That’s my opinion and I have all 10 digits.

70. Roshan Shaik
    DRC
    January 9, 2013, 3:01 pm

Can’t Say Crap ………

71. jenny
    toronto
    April 15, 2013, 10:57 pm

Erin Ryder single handedly ruins this show with a lot of potential. Such a shame.