So what message would the Chasing UFOs team send to the aliens as part of the Wow! Reply? Find out.

Looks like James simply wants to them to reveal themselves so his family and friends stop thinking he’s so crazy:

And Ryder just wants to apologize on behalf of all the tweets that might mention a few pop stars.

Know what you want to say? Schedule your tweet now, or log on to Twitter Friday between 8P and midnight Eastern and tweet your message with hashtag #chasingufos!

Comments

1. beau dumesnil
    June 29, 2012, 12:46 am

I think you are incredibly egotistical & self aggrandizing for pulling a publicity stunt that could utterly threaten our human existence. please do not do this. they(?) do not need to know we exist as this could be hazardous to our health as a world.

2. Oliver S
    Alamogordo, NM
    June 29, 2012, 9:13 am

That UFO show that you tried to portray as true is the biggest joke I’ve ever seen on NG. I know people have seen strange things that are unexplainable but to sit up behind my house spying on Holloman AFB looking for UFO’s was so stupid I had to check again to see if it was really NG putting that on. I am ashamed of you. Don’t give those dopes any credibility.

3. juan sanchez
    san juan puerto rico
    June 29, 2012, 8:33 pm

please don’t send that signal, there is a 50\50 chance good guys listen, but also bad guys could listen too, also you don’t know who is closer to us, if bad guys we are screwed.

4. John
    Minnesota
    June 29, 2012, 9:12 pm

I would say in your tweet if I actually tweeted “I apologize ahead of time for the stupid things that Humans do, like this”.
    After watching your show I do have a question for you. Why are you whispering in the night time portion? Are you trying to sneak up on the UFOs, lol?
    Besides the “sensationalizing” done on the show, I think you guys are doing a good job in your attempt to educate people on the truth and wish you success with your new show.

5. Dave Gieber
    Ogden, UT
    June 29, 2012, 10:23 pm

I am utterly astonished at NG that they could stoop so low as to put regurgitated crap of crap that is already on the airwaves. Do you think the viewing public is that stupid? And what an idiotic script with over dramatization that makes William Shatner look positively Shakespearian in nature. Between this and the SciFi channel there is no telling any difference. Get back to some quality programming!!

6. Milton
    South Carolina
    June 29, 2012, 11:02 pm

Looking at the footage, you guys were chasing UFO’s in the middle of a city! The absolutely worst light pollution of any series I’ve ever seen!

7. Milton
    South Carolina
    June 29, 2012, 11:05 pm

Why didn’t you guys match daylight views with the night views you portrayed? No match-up..equals…fail!

8. Milton
    South Carolina
    June 29, 2012, 11:07 pm

Local skywatchers know local people that they can get to drive around in strange looking vans!

9. Mongoose
    San Antonio, TX
    June 30, 2012, 2:21 pm

Hi Ryder, Tech, and Recon,

As an eye witness, I appreciate all your hard work and your production staff’s hard work in this all important endeavor.

May I convey a suggestion to the producer and director?

Please, please, get rid of the backpack mounted camera and light sets. There are much better ways to reveal the talent than those hokey cumbersome devices. To me, a viewer, the first show appears like the primary mission is to “babysit” these devices and acquisition of UFOs becomes a distant second. Use cut scenes or other videographers to capture comments from the talent, and tell the manufacturer of the backpack boom cameras to refund your money. Use of these devices compromises the talent’s ability to get the job done.

Ryder, Tech, and Recon,
    Look. Don’t get mad at me, but I gotta say this, you need to enlighten your director. ET and his buddies are gonna die laughing when they see those camera rigs you’re wearing.

Best wishes.

The Mongoose

10. mike Traylor
    Texas
    June 30, 2012, 10:01 pm

So disappointed in the foul language on the program. Couldn’t believe it was a NatGeo program.

11. Phil
    Michigan
    June 30, 2012, 10:45 pm

I’ve seen alot of ufo stuff over the year..62….but this produciton is one of the worst. Some of the stars must try to hide thier grins as some of the comments are really ignorant and make zero sense. They seem to be filling mintues of time for the show to just…..fill the show! The whole thing is very poorly produced and I will not be tuning in any longer….even though I find the subject very captivating. Please give us real…serrios…dedicated researchers that really want to shed light on the UFO fenom.

12. Kay Wilson
    Michigan City, IN USA
    July 2, 2012, 11:10 pm

The segment filmed over Dublin, Texas reminded me of the same lights over Pheonix on March 13th, 1999. Check it out.

13. Bryon Smith
    Fort Smith, AR
    August 12, 2012, 10:00 am

Daddy always said it’s best to make an effort and get it wrong than not to try at all. I’m also in the production business. I’ve investigated UFOs and paranormal since before most of the current investigators were born. I was Sysop of ParaNet TAU before we had the Internet. You search for my name and UFO you will find documents and websites from ParaNet and me.

I’ve done interviews and investigations in Roswell, NM and I can say without question something did crash there. I talked with Frank Kaufman who was there and helped clean up one of the crash sites. Yes I said “one” of the sites, because there were two crash sites and two “Craft of unknown origin” with two species of small alien beings. The sites were miles apart and the second crash site was in the Lincoln forest. The one that crashed in the field were not grays they were little people with ash colored skin, there were five of them and they were all dead.

I stood within a few steps of a hovering UFO in 1970 in Pearl, IL. I had seen it and chased it in my Charger RT back then but that one time it flew right up to us. Yes they are real. Not only that there are people who claim to have taken rides with them and in that UFO the “contactes” claim the aliens look just like we do. “If you saw them on the street dressed as we are you wouldn’t know who they were.” The last person I know of who openly admitted to riding with the UFO men was Daniel Fry. I shot one of the last events he spoke at in 1989 and he said the same thing as the guy who lives in St. Charles, MO.

Being in the production business myself I know how the game works and why some of the shows are less than impressive. I think they would do a better job if they had the contacts and the time but they are seeking out information from other TV shows on the subject instead of making their own contacts and doing a real investigation from scratch. That takes a LOT of time and effort and these teams don’t have that kind of time. They must do their job and move on to the next case in order to keep on schedule.

Mr. Fox is a good investigator and does what he does for the right reasons. I suspect he has resources and contacts that would be worth pursuing. Even the good ones get something wrong now and then and that’s to be expected. Ryder never fails to entertain me. :-) Even when she doesn’t find a UFO. I hate spiders to and if I saw something on FLIR that I thought was dangerous I sure wouldn’t run toward it! ;-) I worry one of them will get hurt bad someday by running in the dark toward the unknown.

I expect the show cast never reads these messages anyway but you can be sure someone at the network does.

14. Bryon Smith
    Fort Smith, AR
    August 19, 2012, 9:10 am

I would like to add something I never see mentioned on UFO related TV shows. I’ve been investigating UFOs since 1970 and I am a pilot. I lived and worked at two different airports and I can usually tell the difference between a UFO and an airplane. Not only that I’ve witnessed the reactions to the military when UFOs appear in an area.

The “Lights” that appeared over the mountain range were in the MOA and they were bright white phosphors ground illumination flairs. They were put there by an A-10 by orders from command. The reason they did that was so everyone would look away from the actual UFO that was passing over Phoenix.

This isn’t the first time the military have thrown up a smoke screen to hide the truth. It is their standard reactions to UFOs in populated areas. When the press asks them they say “Oh what you were seeing were flairs.” And yes there were flairs. There were also UFOs AKA Craft of Unknown Origin.

Upon reading the news article about it my friend Butch who was with me during my close encounter in Pearl said “I’ve been in the Air Force for 36 years and I’ve seen everything they have. I’ve never seen a flair that can hover and then fly away at high speeds though.” ;-)

15. Bryon Smith
    Fort Smith, AR
    August 19, 2012, 9:24 am

On the subject of sending the message to outer space, which is what this is about I think. :-) No one needs to send that message, the aliens are already here.

For those who are concerned the aliens will be hostel toward us if that message is sent please considered if they are that smart and that far beyond us in intelligence and technology they can do anything they want and we can’t stop them. If they are all ready here they could have squashed us anytime. That’s not what they want with us.

Consider that funerals are not for the dead, they are for the living. There’s something else they want.

16. david jones
    Australia
    November 5, 2012, 1:37 am

James, the sooner you kick this piece of crap show into touch the better. It’s not doing your reputation any good and is an embarrassment to the ufo movement. Running around at night with those stupid cameras, jumping at anything that goes boo is nothing short of pathetic. I have a great deal of respect for you and your work up to this show but I think we both know that this really is the bottom of the barrel.

17. Dregawn
    ohio
    January 17, 2013, 9:52 am

I have an witness account for the chasers. It is very important information regarding the triangle shaped UFO’s. Back in 1992 I was with my ex wife going to my parents house to pick up our daughter. We had a night out and they were baby sitting. It was very late. almost 3 or 4 in the morning.
    I will save the rest of the story if contacted but needless to say we had a chance encounter on a country road. I stopped my car and got out. My x was freaking out but I had to look at what I was seeing closer.
    The craft was no more than a football field away from me at its closest point. I saw it very well and in great detail!!
    I can describe it perfectly and I have some pretty incredible news about the craft not to mention a very sound theory. If you wish to know more please contact me.
    I think its about time the real truth about the triangle shaped flying object is explained once and for all!