A Pioneering Team of Investigators Probe Reports of Alien Abduction, UFO Sightings, and Military Cover-ups

In National Geographic Channel’s new eight-part series Chasing UFOs, join a team of pioneering investigators pushes the limits to find the truth behind unexplained UFO sightings. Are we being watched? Is the government hiding information on UFO happenings? Can this team use science and technology to explain mysterious sightings or will the evidence truly be out of this world? These burning questions motivate the Chasing UFOs investigative team to travel far and probe deep into a number of strange encounters previously left unanswered.

Risking it all, the team investigates some of the most compelling UFO sightings in history and discover stunning new evidence that could change everything we believe about this mysterious phenomenon. Ryder, Ben and James push the limits of scientific exploration in their quest to learn the truth behind these incredible sightings. From the desert Southwest, to Florida’s space coast, to Mexico’s Sonora desert and the jungles of Brazil – Ryder, Ben and James risk everything to hunt down clues to explain this phenomenon. While investigating video of a possible UFO in New Mexico, the team ends up at the famed crash site in Roswell where they uncovered tantalizing evidence of a military cover-up. In Arizona while out surveying the skies, Ryder and the team spot a pulsing ring of lights that none of them can explain. Investigating a California military base rumored to be home to unexplained craft, the team is chased away by a mysterious fleet of helicopters. In the steamy jungles of Brazil, Ryder and the team battle the elements to visit the scene of a suspected crash only to find the truth is far stranger than any of them would have imagined. With its combination of adventure, travel and hard-hitting science, this series offers a radical new spin on this unexplained phenomenon. Instead of just stories, Ryder, Ben and James are out to get evidence. And what they uncover could change what we know and believe about another intelligence among the stars.

_____

Chasing UFOs Premieres Friday, June 29, at 9PM & 10PM et/pt followed by another all-new episode at 10P et/pt

Watch More Video

Comments

1. Allen
    California
    May 24, 2012, 1:38 am

Lookin good!!!

2. Procyon
    May 24, 2012, 9:11 am

What’s with the goofy get-ups? Are they on safari or something? This doesn’t bode well for the veracity or watch-ability of this show.

3. Me
    May 24, 2012, 12:14 pm

Um… “UFO Hunters,” anyone?? Geez.

4. T
    Earth
    May 24, 2012, 12:58 pm

Which one is Josh?

5. Andrea
    Cali
    May 24, 2012, 12:59 pm

Cant wait :-) Ryder is awesome!!!

6. Suzanne Taylor
    Los Angeles
    May 25, 2012, 1:20 pm

I hope National Geographic does a more accurate job of reporting about UFOs than they have done in their programs about crop circles. The crop circle community has been disheartened by how inaccurate their programs on that subject have been — so much so that people central to that phenomenon are unwilling to be interviewed any more. This film is the real story: http://CropCircleMovie.com.

7. hector
    houston
    May 26, 2012, 8:07 am

Bring it!!
    It’s gotta beat these loser reality shows!

8. Ed Albert
    Texas
    May 27, 2012, 10:58 pm

For God’s sake I hope they don’t bring in the Hoaxers and Frauds like Lear, Lazar, Burisch, Sherman, Salter, and the like. I’m sick of these potentially good shows using the old trash of UFOlogy. On Alienscientist Forum we have the absolute best debunkings and science of things like all the black triangles. I’m Edgar Fouche, author of ‘Alien Rapture.’ It’s out of printt so I’m not selling anything.

9. Ed Albert
    Texas
    May 27, 2012, 11:04 pm

I have the greatest respect of National Geographic and watch the cable channel almost every day. I wish NG would post the credentials and bio of the cast and what they bring to the table/show. I spent 20+ years on black programs and have posted my military and DoD documents. If this show has potential we will support it on our Forum. I’m totally going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Edgar Fouche, researcher and author.

10. NRG
    Washington DC
    June 2, 2012, 4:16 pm

Saw a clip “Lights in the Sky” from this series…the woman with her reaction to what she captured on video “what the beep” “beep, this is unbelievable”, “wow “beep”…So far I’m not impressed with the investigative methodology, they’re not exactly teens here. Nice StarGate garb.

11. TM
    NV
    June 13, 2012, 8:29 pm

Can’t wait to see this!

I work with Ben (yes, he actually has a real job) and am hopeful that his presence will add some credibility to a subject that often lacks it. Smart guy.

Funny thing, he tells me that he doesn’t get to see the final cut before it airs. I’m praying that the editors are kind, don’t make him look like a crazy freak or something.

12. PR
    Bermuda
    June 15, 2012, 3:51 pm

Real UFO’s??? i have completely lost all respect for national geographic….They should just sell out to SyFy channel!

13. AK47
    Arizona
    June 19, 2012, 7:35 pm

Personally, I have never heard of these “researchers”. In my opinion I think they are over the top. Please stop with the silly “night vision from the hip” shots! Looks like that fake ghost hunter show. Might as well run around with flashlights under their faces. Let’s be serious. This is a serious topic.

14. Walter Neddwin
    Michigan
    June 21, 2012, 2:20 pm

Just saw the commercial. Looks very, very, very STUPID! Looks like an interesting subject that’s about to get dumbed down by unrealistic ‘reality’. Hopefully, your people responsible for programming learn a lesson from this misstep.

15. Long Gone
    Sacto, CA
    June 22, 2012, 1:36 am

When did Linda Hamilton join Nat Geo???

16. SETI
    in a galaxy far,f,r away
    June 29, 2012, 10:54 am

I hope this show does not turn out like so many other shows on the air now that offer suspense and non-actuality to viewers. It smacks of some other show/shows that make a concerned scientific look at a subject so much dribble. There are people that do look at strange subjects and do it with rational thinking. National Geo has always had great documentaries but this show may take the credibility and veracity of NG and bring it to a very low level. I hope those marketing people that want ratings instead of facts and want to get the younger people to watch take a step out of the room. Those who really want facts and authenticity will go to the places where they can be found( hopefully NG). All others can watch reality or suspense tv.

17. Jon Letterman
    Silver Spring, MD
    June 29, 2012, 4:00 pm

Who did the advertisements for this show? There is a photo of the three chasers that looks like it was cut out of a poster for an Indiana Jones movie. There is a promo that has the three jumping off buildings and running across the desert that makes you wonder when Sylvester Stallone is suddenly going to appear. And, there is another promo done in night vision that makes you think the show is going to be a fictitious affair a-la “The Blair Witch Project”. The advertising is a real turn-off and creates the impression that this show is going to be pure action/adventure entertainment or just inane fantasy. The ads sure don’t entice me to watch.

18. Fearless Fosdick
    Winnetka CA
    June 29, 2012, 11:14 pm

I’ve been into UFO lore for 50 years now, but halfway through this show I am wincing and groaning. The show is so contrived and hokey that it will actually DAMAGE the NatGeo’s fine reputation.
    We have been suckered by garbage reality shows for years now so we know contrived junk when we see it. Only viewers under 17 and the mentally ill will be regular watchers. The girl is really grating. The whole thing is nauseatingly formulaic. (The only thing they’ve left out is two of the principals getting pissed off with each other and coming to blows out in the field.)

NatGeo should either do some serious and competent UFO investigation or just take this wretched fake show off the air before they irretrievably humiliate themselves.

19. Stan Banos
    San Francisco
    June 30, 2012, 1:05 am

I don’t have cable, but since everyone knows Nat Geo is a Grade A, serious class act- I just had to see the 2 hr. premiere of Nat Geo Chasing UFO’S last night. Luckily, I had a neighbor who would tolerate my enthusiasm. Finally, we would be treated to a high tech, scientific, no bullshit, Nat Geo UFO Investigation Extravaganza!!! Yes, sir- everyone knows… Nat Geo does not fuck around!

I profusely apologized and left before the first hour was up. It was the same very sad and very tired formula of every other ghost searching, Bigfoot witch hunt in the dark and oh so scary woods. What was that? Did you hear that! Whoa! What the f… was that!? Did you see that?

Yes- I have… A hundred, thousand times before- although never had I seen it from the likes of a supposedly reputable and fact based name brand. And name brand is all it was, and all it served to demean.

One eyewitness showed very clear footage of a UFO (yes, that was exactly what it was- an Unidentified Flying Object) he took from his backyard. Cool! Next stop- video analysis, right!? Certainly, with today’s computer/digital technology they could at the very least tell if it was doctored- at the very, absolute least!! Cut to commercial, and when the Linda Hamilton Terminator impersonator returns, she proclaims that they were “Kickin’ it old school” by investigating newspaper accounts in the local library, which in turn leads to an 1891 account of a meteor exploding locally and scattering fragments all over the neighborhood- which they then proceed to look for a hundred years later… at night!

That’s right, this ‘serious, in depth investigation’ didn’t even perform the most cursory digital examination of said video- and I was supposed to stay for another hour!?!?

20. Mary
    June 30, 2012, 9:27 am

Tried to watch this with my son. I will not watch it again for two reasons:

1. The language was horrible. There is absolutely no redeeming reason that a NG show of any kind needs that kind of filth in it. Erin Ryder, especially.

2. The content of the show lacks substance. It seems to be a rip off of Finding Bigfoot- down to the smallest detail: town meetings, night vision cameras, etc.

Sorry NG. I expected more.

21. Teri Cooper Brown
    June 30, 2012, 12:42 pm

Come on NatGeo Channel! This show could’ve been great. Instead, you assume we are all UFO newbies. History Channel’s UFO HUnters did the Texas sightings and included radar returns, and MUCH more. Some of the show was downright silly – - WHY DO YOU need to tromp through the woods to see the sky? And in the 2nd show, why did everyone RUN just because they saw a helicopter? PLEASE be more serious.

22. Rick Davis
    Narvon, PA
    June 30, 2012, 2:47 pm

James Fox I have a photo still in my camera that shows an unknown floating object UFO. if there is a way that I could send it to #Chasing UFO’s. reply with an email that I can attach the photo for your further examination. I would also like to comment on the lead in trailer for the show. I feel disappointed that being a ufoligist for many years and having seen some strange/objects. You choose to show oil wells in the gulf of mexico taken from the air as ufo’s does not give your show credibility. its another go green- whats that- show!

• National Geographic Channels
      July 2, 2012, 9:34 am

Hi Rick – If you have a UFO sighting (or several!) you’d like to share, we encourage you to submit to our UFO Sightings Tracker on the Chasing UFOs website.

23. John W. Jones
    New York State
    July 4, 2012, 8:32 am

This show already looks like a Rip off of “Finding Bigfoot” a terrible show. Please don’t let it turn into that! Suggestion; Bring in other U.f.O experts and sciencetists on occasion, to present their expertizes not just these three. If not, the show is doomed to failure!.

24. Carl

( ‡ ) ∑ () | £

( ‡ ) ∑ ( | ¿

END TRANSMISSION

25. theufochronicles
    OZ
    July 13, 2012, 7:37 am

This reminds me of my kids cartoons -talking turtles with martial arts- what a joke! It looks like the real direction of the show was derailed and censored to discredit whats really been happening around the world. Who owns this network? The so called “reality” shows are anything but reality. Try doing a show without faking scenarios and giving in to the higher-ups.

26. Jeffery Parks
    Fort Worth, Texas
    July 13, 2012, 4:21 pm

This is the most stupid fake show out there on a very serious subject. Shame on you NGC. To think that a serious investigator can just go out in the field and catch a sighting shows what NGC really thinks of its audience. And the absurdity of the supposed investigators utilizing night vision for absolutely everything…even while outside looking for supposed debris. WTF???

27. Jeffery Parks
    Fort Worth, Texas
    July 13, 2012, 4:26 pm

This show needs to be relegated to the SyFi Channel where other fake paranormal shows belong. National Geographic has lost all my support for airing this crap. You’re doing a great disservice to people like myself who believe in the possibility of alien life in our wonderful universe. Shame shame on everyone involved in this abomination.

28. Jeffery Parks
    Fort Worth, Texas
    July 13, 2012, 4:28 pm

This show is not even good for entertainment purposes.

29. Jason Hines
    Destin, FL
    July 14, 2012, 12:01 am

I have watched Nat Geo along with History and the Sci channel for years. I absolutely have loved NG until this “chasing UFO” thing. Is this some kind of joke on people of any intelligence? Seriously? I just saw a little green man looking through a “witnesses” window…it was so fake and staged, I can’t believe nat geo has sunk to the level of this garbage. HEY GUYS, read the feedback and get this crap off of your station PLEASE!

30. SK Piper
    July 14, 2012, 12:35 am

P.S. Why do they whisper? Are they afraid that UFO’s will chase them?

31. Brunnie
    July 14, 2012, 8:39 am

Do we need some more reality shows. Especially when common senses tellls you there is no aliens from outer space. There could be some UFO’s that the government may be testing but so what. They are working on the vehicles all the time to obatin great speeds. All these experts is going to do is, in the end, leave you with well maybe or maybe not.

32. Diana Delgado
    NY
    July 18, 2012, 7:54 am

Why does NG feel they have the right to insult people intelligence by putting a show on that has nothing at all to do with real UFO”s. I watch your first show and was completely turned off. Whoever is paying you to ridicule and debunk people who have had real experiences with UFO’s just show us what NG thinks of it’s viewer. Anyone who really thinks that in the vastness of the universe that we are alone really needs to wake up. Even the true scientist are beginning to see that we are not alone and some of them know it for a fact. I’m really disappointed with National Geographic for doing a disservice to it’s viewers. I know that in are society money speaks louder than honesty and truth and it just shows how immature we still are mentality wise. You just lost a viewer to your NG channel.

33. Kathryn
    NC
    July 19, 2012, 6:52 am

I have to agree with Jason and Diana’s comments – I am truly disappointed in National Geographic for producing this show. It’s more comedy than anything else and insulting to the viewing audiences’ intelligence. Come on, running around with green lights attached and they wonder why people on the military base are talking about seeing something. Running around in unfamiliar rocky terrain at night??? Really????? You ought to be embarrassed.

34. Gordon Gilmore
    Texas
    July 20, 2012, 11:00 am

This “show’ is so hokey, it should have been on the
    comedy central channel.

35. Monte J Gottbrecht
    LA, CA
    July 22, 2012, 1:39 pm

Sorry Nat Geo is getting all these peoples hopes up. The show is a hoax, with a cast of fools, all designed to try and debunk the phenomenon and make a fool out of every witness and believer. They should be ashamed . Read Ufo Chronicles review of chasing ufos. The show is criminal.

36. Monte J Gottbrecht
    LA, CA.
    July 22, 2012, 1:47 pm

Sounds like the people that have seen this show, have nat geo’s blueprint. Must be sponsored by the gov’t. And you censor comments here.

37. super b
    arizona
    August 3, 2012, 4:38 pm

this show is a joke and whats up with the whispering at night ? when they are on there UFO stake outs are they afraid the aliens will here them up in space or miles away?…I am sure the director told them whispering makes it more dramatic like the stupid ghost hunters show.The outfits and poses in their pictures.pleezzzz

38. Macgyver
    USA
    August 10, 2012, 9:50 pm

I wish I could travel the world,and get paid what these clowns must be earning, for doing absolutely nothing

39. Macgyver
    USA
    August 10, 2012, 9:58 pm

REALLLLYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!! this episode should be called Chasing Spiders . Or Hey Aliens do you speak English

40. dwayne
    san bernidino ca
    August 14, 2012, 5:57 pm

to the show chasing ufos i have seen the most reasent ufo sighting but this one is causing havick on are SUN .. if u dont have this yet please this is top priority . to see what im saying here is a site to link you to it … http://www.SOILERFLARES.COM.. TRUST ME….. NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY .. YOU GUY ON THE SHOW CAN PUT THIS IN THE OPEN ON TV .. BIG FAN WISH I COULD REALY JOIN YOU GUYS ITS MY DREAM TO BE ON YOUR TEAM …

41. Brian
    Houston
    August 16, 2012, 11:59 am

Wow! This show is bad. Why are these people scared of every twig that snaps? I hope thy have a plan B career. The show is 98% cursing, crying, and screaming. I thought it might improve but it’s the same repetitive night time filming and lack of substance every week. Please do better NATGeo.

42. Donna
    Kansas
    August 20, 2012, 2:45 am

OK whats with all the stupid night filming? Why are they wispering? Does NAT GEO realize how dumb this show is? I thought it would be better than it is. Very disapointed in NAT GEO. I thought you would be way more serious and sciencetific than this. This show is a joke, you could have done so much better than this.

43. peter
    August 27, 2012, 9:15 pm

this is about a man who has been in contact with ets and they are harasing
    > him and he actualy has filmd the alien in his back yard and it is worth
    > mentioning it to the chasing ufo team to investigate this is beeter than
    > any thing they have brodcasted it is no cgi ther are a number of videos its
    > worth reserching it fantastic you will be gob smakt ill give you the you
    > tube inf and see what they think of it thanks you its to good to pass this
    > is the real deal please pass it on to the investigators of the show
    > its UFO Sightings Alien Attacks Teenager Disturbing Footage Australia!
    > Exclusive Interview! – ther are a number of incidents allso them openig
    > doors if you look you can just see them invisable but outline of body and
    > if you pase the seen where ther in grass you can see that ther are a number
    > of them all together operating to make the person think ther is only one
    > check it out and please pass it on to the people of the show the link info
    > is under this hope it is worth mentioning on one of the episodes i think it
    > will to good is this video

> YouTube#at=146#!_2third phase of the moon alien attacks tenager in
    > australia exclusive video interview

44. Claude Cloutier
    Sorel-Tracy P.Q. Canada
    October 17, 2012, 9:59 pm

This program about ufo is it a joke?

45. Michelle
    the Netherlands
    November 7, 2012, 5:42 pm

At first I thought it would be a great show withth a lot facts and good research. Too many things make this show almost as fake as most UFO sightings.

Like why do they film everything at night? They say we have to get our stuff set up before it gets dark while it is still very light.
    Then when they start getting their gear on all of a sudden it’s twilight.

Or they say we see something or something scary happens like they saw movement and a shape in the (again) dark woods
    Lot of panic and then they never mention it again.

46. Hedwig
    The Netherlands
    November 10, 2012, 2:34 pm

At the airport in California Ryder hides behind a building to stay out of sight of security. But the camera man stands in plain view to film her from a distance!

They look for metal debris at night with poor lighting. Why? It was in a public area, no trespassing.

This show betrays the people who shared their nasty experiences with the “investigators”

Were the producers, director and script writers hired by the CIA or some other secret organisation to discredit serious UFO investigation?

NGC, this show damages your credibility as documentary channel.

47. Alex A
    San Francisco, ca
    November 13, 2012, 1:49 am

Enjoyed Chasing UFOs for it casual feeling and it’s light hearted vibe. If anyone is a fan of History’s UFo Hunters, I noticed Pat Uskert does audio for a new iOS app called “UFO TIMELINE” — looking forward to more chasing episodes and thanks for looking

48. mark sterk
    Belgium
    December 6, 2012, 11:59 am

We do not often look at NGC because of the horrible publicity interuptions , war loving programs, patriotic like manipulative shows. But sometimes we read the NG magazines. But after this show of Flying Saucers chasers I by accodent zapped in on, we will just only look at the pictures of the magazine my father in law buy’ s sometimes. The only real TV documentaries or investigations of what kind comes from the BBC. The rest is really really terribly corrupted by non -scientist. What is going on overthere?

49. Amy Kawamura
    Hong Kong
    December 10, 2012, 11:01 am

This program… Suck !

50. [...] sure and catch Erin Ryder’s latest venture on the National Geographic Channel, called Chasing UFO’s and any #Truthies out there be sure and tune in to see what was going on [...]

51. beverley morley
    Birmingham England
    January 24, 2013, 12:49 pm

I definately know what I saw

52. nn
    idaho u.s.a.
    July 18, 2013, 12:58 pm

come to idaho boise twinfalls jerome to see nice ufo fly over city and blinking red orange white light they are here 100%%%% proof

53. ej
    charleston sc
    September 5, 2013, 9:12 am

Come on NGC what are you doing, this show is crap, you are seriously hurting your credibility. Fix the show our get rid of it. What is with the whispering and night vision crap?!!!!

54. JP
    earth
    October 12, 2013, 3:06 am

I have had around 20 ufo sightings now, beginning when I was about 11-12 years old, in Ontario in the latter part of the “Hudson Valley” (near Ontario Canada) era of ufo sightings in the 1980′s, in about 1986 actually, possibly was the first one. Great show- real passion for the subject, but sometimes they fail to ask pertinent questions in the particular situation they find themselves in. The most important thing, which they neglect, is the personal nature of sightings & contact. They are not random. Our methods of scientific investigation are great, but they are partial at best. The seeming divide between “skeptics” & “believers” is a divisive illusion based on limited, visionless belief systems, partial knowledge, & little experience.