Mat is beside himself with excitement at the possibility of creating fish tanks for a one of a kind location – the home plate backstop of the brand new Marlins baseball stadium!  The MLB believes that this aquarium cannot be done and Living Color is set to prove them wrong.  With Miami Marlins President, David Samson, breathing down their necks, the Living Color team comes up with a design that will hopefully function as a backstop as well as keep the fish from dying on the field in front of millions of Marlins fans across the country.  Meanwhile, Jose can’t get back on track with his already slammed production schedule and an overlooked design flaw in the Marlins reefs could botch the delivery date completely.  Will the Living Color team be able to create tanks that will safely house the fish in the Marlin ballpark and not distract the baseball players?  What happens if first baseman, Gaby Sanchez, throws one of his famous 85 mph fastballs at the tank and it breaks, spilling fish onto the baseball field?  Will the MLB organization take one look at the tanks and tell Living Color to scrap them?  When doing something never heard of before in the history of baseball, Living Color has to take those chances.

Tune in to the premiere of Fish Tank Kings this Saturday at 10P on Nat Geo WILD.

­­­________

Fish Tank Kings follows Florida based custom aquarium specialists, Living Color. These aquarium artists are regularly challenged with distinguished client’s requests to create over the top, stunning and memorable aquatic exhibits to display in a variety of locations, whether it’s inside a masterpiece mansion or for premier corporate client – from concept to creation the process is never as seamless and tranquil as the end result!

Comments

1. Michele
    MD
    May 12, 2012, 9:39 pm

Worst show ever!! First show of the series and they didn’t even build their own tank….they outsourced it to Japan. Will not watch it for that reason!!

2. txvoodoo
    May 12, 2012, 10:15 pm

Excellent first episode. Really encouraging to see a show and a company that demonstrates concern for the livestock, from the quarantine, to the obvious tank cycling, to the choosing of compatible species. Thank you!

3. Danny smith
    us
    May 13, 2012, 2:12 am

Ask anybody I know, what have been saying lately, “tv needs more fish tank programming!” Nat Geo Wild to the rescue! Man, that’s a home run NGW!

Now, if they would just include some sort of gimmick to add an element of drama… Wait a minute, did somebody say something about incredible “deadlines”? Oh snap, NGW!
    “I comes for the fish tanks but, I stays for the deadlines!”

Really, thank you Nat Geo. You have another winner on your hands here. This comes at a good time too because, my grass doesn’t hardly grow at all during the night time but I will have something else to watch now, thanks again NG.

4. Danny smith
    May 13, 2012, 6:12 am

Why is my comment awaiting moderation?

5. john darmiento
    ny
    May 13, 2012, 10:07 pm

There fish JAILS leave them where they belong

6. Ron Blanco
    Seattle
    May 14, 2012, 4:47 pm

I really enjoyed watching Fish Tank Kings. Compared to the other aquarium show on Animal Planet, the Fish Tank Kings seem way more knowledgeable.

I know there is some fake drama but seeing how cool aquariums are designed and made is cool. Judging from the other clips of the show it really looks like Fish Tank Kings will be fun to watch!

7. Andrea
    Texas
    May 14, 2012, 6:32 pm

I hated this show! I like TANKED a lot better. The crew has a great time building tanks and with each other. Everyone on this show was too cranky, and the fact that they don’t even build their own tanks sucks! I won’t watch this show again

8. Gordan
    Seattle
    May 14, 2012, 6:41 pm

I enjoyed the first Fish Tank Kings episode. As a long time fish hobbyist I love seeing anything fish tank related. I can’t wait to see the other episodes!

9. PC
    US
    May 14, 2012, 9:23 pm

we love Fish Tank Kings. We especially love the Fish Geek. They should let him talk a bit more and help educate us salt water fish lovers.

10. Dean
    USA
    May 15, 2012, 6:25 pm

Saw the 1st episode…not great….too much drama. Checked out their website and the aquariums are incredible. I’ll watch the 2nd episode to see if they are for real.

11. Mariana
    Miramar FL
    May 16, 2012, 8:02 am

This show rocked! They left the Miami Marlins tank looking just lovely. Definitely something no other place has ever done. Miami the city of endless possibilities.
    I’m a fan for life. Can’t wait to see what other big things these Fish Tank Kings got in store. <333

12. Candy
    Intercourse, Pennsylvania
    May 16, 2012, 8:23 am

I’m a FAN of the Fish Tank Kings!
    Marlins Episode was awesome! After watching the clips that Natgeo has posted for the upcoming episodes, I think the show will be entertaining and educational. I like the fact that they are designing real, everyday aquariums…
    I really think this show deserves a chance.

13. Sal
    FL
    May 16, 2012, 8:59 am

Great show! Nice to see what it takes to put together some of these amazing aquariums. Agree more of the Fish Geek!

14. atoz
    St. Petersburg
    May 19, 2012, 9:26 pm

I’m guessing they don’t know that this has already been done with the Rays Tank at Tropicana Field. It’s been there for years.

15. Idadho
    Idaho
    May 20, 2012, 12:52 am

Boring. Too much ‘face the camera and talk.’ The drama is canned. Not enough time spent showing the challenges of making the tanks. Francis is an expert but spends his time arguing.
    The warehouse limits the long shots so you can’t see what is going on. I don’t care to see some close-up of a guy hand-over-handing a chain winch.
    Then, they have this hokey ad by MarineDepot with sound that sounds like they use a toy microphone.

Lousy editing.

16. Jessica & chad leblanc
    Louisiana
    May 20, 2012, 9:32 pm

Nice to see salt water aquarium world but buying aquarium instead of building them doesn’t make them the kings of the aquarium world . I see many flaws ,driven by money, lack of passion, the use of fake coral no live rock, no true natural filters . It takes months of cycling the system getting the bio filter set up before fish can even be added ! This show is a insult to hobbyist and the show TANKED!

17. Anna
    October 17, 2012, 7:39 pm

Thanks for sharing this post to us. This adds more info.

18. Dash
    Lauderdale
    November 4, 2012, 3:34 am

Horrible show! I would never work for such immature, attitude needing adjust peeps. So why in the world would I waste my time wanting to slap the tv. This show needs to be swimming with the fishes. Pun intended. The dude that thinks how great it is to get so much attention is from the Marlins tank, is a complete moron to act like a three year old.

19. Gina barajas
    November 10, 2012, 11:01 pm

The president of the marlins should be ashamed of his attitude and just plan rudeness…

20. Ram
    Singapore
    January 12, 2013, 8:58 am

I’m surprised Nat Geo would condone such a show. I thought NGC was for promoting conservation and care for the ecosystem. Has anybody even thought of where they are plucking these corals, fishes, sharks, etc. from?!?! They belong in the ocean not in fish jails for our selfish pleasure. shame shame shame