Tonight is an all-new episode of Doomsday Preppers at 9P e/p. But it’s also Valentine’s Day. What better way to show your loved one you care than to prep for  survival in the event of a natural disaster or societal collapse? But what if the world as we know it really was coming to an end? No more technology, websites, blogs and no social media. So this morning we took to Twitter to ask “If you could send one final tweet to a loved one, what would it say?” The responses ranged from sweet, loving, mysterious and bizarre to silly and amusing. Here are a few of our favorites:

@AMIW: mom: Thank you for playing with me as a kid, fighting as a teen, and respecting me as an adult. I love you.#preppers

@cicikilo: Still love u after 30 years of being unable 2 find u.4give me. I hope ur happy.I’ll never give up searching 4 u.#preppers

@ spleendingo: #preppers I told you not to give me the blue pill. This has lasted more than 4 hours and I cant stand up!

@AndyWhiteman: I love you, remember to have fun on everything you do.

@denimorse:  it would tell my husband how he was the best thing that ever happened to me and his love was all i ever needed#preppers

@KeithHammond: iv’e been banging your sister for years….but i still love you #preppers

@cebsilver: one final tweet? “Take out the trash, oh, and turn off the heater. See-ya.”

@rainingcali: There’s always money in the banana stand #preppers

@Dinesh_Gerard: all the things I did and will do for you will never be enough to show the love and care I have for you

@ jess_nnz: I loved you from the moment I saw you & never stopped since that day I will continue to love you for eternity #preppers

Don’t forget to tune-in tonight for an all-new Doomsday Preppers 9P e/p!

Comments

1. beachwalker
    north carolina
    February 15, 2012, 12:54 am

Why would anyone subject themself or their children to such a dim outlook for the future. Face the possibility of the end of the world as we know it and anxiously await being reunited with our Saviour. Stop fighting the inevitable.

2. Ryan
    VA
    February 15, 2012, 7:14 pm

Beachwalker, that is the outlook of defeatism. Some of us believe that no matter what happens we will have fight left in us, we will persevere , we will protect our children and our families from anything, even of biblical proportions.

God may have told Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac, and it may tell us to give up our siblings and families to God. But God isn’t going take my little boy without all the fight I have left in me. Because that wouldn’t be any God of mine.

If we all held this same belief that you hold, beachwalker, then why would we fight evil, why fight Hitler, why defend our nation? Nothing is inevitable except for human ignorance.

Spiritually speaking, God uses man to achieve his ends, perhaps these preppers will rebuild a better future that leads to the thousand years of peace in your bible.

3. tim
    somewhere in the hills
    February 16, 2012, 2:45 am

It is what it is…CYA. My TOC is up, I,m in command…

4. dina rae
    Chicago
    February 19, 2012, 1:46 am

Dear Mike (husband) and kids: Don’t forget about the condo inside of the mountain that we bought last year w/1yr. worth of food!

5. Mark
    NC
    February 19, 2012, 4:29 pm

Everyone of these preppers are not prepared. They all focus on food and weapons but nobody shown yet has mentioned what they will do for medical problems. Do they have bandages, medical supply stocked up ? What will they do if someone gets an infection with no antibiotics ? What about prescribed medicine they take now , how long will that last without a resupply ? Diabetics need insulin and that has to be refrigerated. If someone gets cut chopping wood do they have the skills and know how to sew up the wound ? What about someone getting sick and not knowing the cure, no doctors so without medical text books no way to diagnose . Do they have stethoscopes at least so they can listen to breathing and heart rates ? What about IV supplies if needed ?

6. Scot
    Nj
    February 20, 2012, 5:16 am

Anyone who doesn’t prepare for any disaster whether it be a hurricane or end of days is a fool, and they are the first ones crying in aftermath,”why me?” & “where is my aid?” We all saw what happened with katrina and no one was prepared. People get your heads out of your behinds and wake up! This world is going to have little and big disasters and the prepared will survive. All the ignorant lazy people out there who call us crazy dont come begging for food and shelter when things go bad!

7. shakey pudding
    bucksnort, tn
    February 21, 2012, 7:31 pm

guys named randy and anyone caught wearing a beard, are usually the the first to be defeated in survival situations. then & only then will the knowledge buried in the arch de triumph be broadcast for mankind. women have the best chance of survival, as they have been doing so for centuries. little known fact, is all grocery stores have a last line of defense plan in the company guidebooks. having worked for safeway years ago, we were given such knowledge. careful planning is the key

8. Coug
    Nebraska
    February 22, 2012, 6:48 pm

I’ve been a prepper back to when it was called “paranoid”.
    Have been trained as an EMT, firefighter. Have a fairly large medical / surgical kit and have practiced using it. Taken classes or have gotten books on mechanics, medicinal herbs, canning, food storage, “ancient arts”. Anything about what and how our ancestors did it before electricity. Although I’ve also built a small solar powered generator, and have enough supplies to at least quadruple its size. Have the best water purification equipment you can get, but as all things will wear our. Also have books on purifying everything from water in mud puddles to rainwater. Have non hybrid seeds stored up, for vegetables and edible and medicinal herbs, along with books on how to grow, harvest, and save the seeds. Not so much for me…..but the rest of my family that doesn’t know, for after I’m gone.

9. JohnNColorado
    COLORADO
    February 23, 2012, 3:29 pm

Duh! Preparing for the major tilt in the earth’s axis! causing major earthquakes? ummm why are you storing MAJOR amounts of food in GLASS canning jars on OPEN shelving!!!

10. Bud
    state of confussion
    February 23, 2012, 10:54 pm

The human body heals itself, most drugs are copies of natural remedies, Onions are a disinfectant, dogs can be eaten AND are good defense, Diabetics are expendable, God was a creation of controlling Roman/pagan emperor Constantine and there never was a miracle done by anyone named Jesus(except maybe the gardener named Jesus who created this Dinosaur from a bush at the corner of the house]…its all a fake mythology started at the first council of Nicaea in 325 ad based on astrology which is something that would help you more than a book of funny and scary stories…Karma will have more to do with what happens after anything bad so relax and do good everyday

11. Bud
    next door
    February 23, 2012, 10:59 pm

Everyone has an advantage over me…they can all kiss my arse and I cant…..natives will restore the earth from what evil man has done so relax and freshen up your regalia.

12. mark laskowski
    Tennessee
    February 29, 2012, 9:55 am

Ive only heard one person mention God in a posetive manner.why is that?When the rapture happens alot of people will be left behind and it more than likely will be you,The one that dont beleive and have stored up provisions.You dont beleive and that is your choice, It was said that God uses man to acomplish what he wants done and that is a truth,So it maybe that some of you will be left behind when the tribulation starts.Who knows you might go through 90% of it if your tuff n nuff..You will be the ones that can help others ,but will you?See thats another thing that i have only heard from one or two of you ,That you are trying to help your fellow man.Lets take an example if everyone were just like the one that say DONT COME CRYING TO ME.Well what if you were just fine had everything you needed and then all of a sudden you were overrun by a mob of 30 people or even 15 that banded together becouse they know that there is safty and strength in numbers and they kill your wife after they rape her then they kill your kids and they beat you till your an inch from death.or hell lets say your entire family lives they just beat the hell out of all of you and kick your ass out.You go running to someone saying help help and they tell you to hit the road .what then?Then you get that sick sinking feeling and desperation sets in.Dam they had the same mentality as you.Speaking of mentality ,BUD wants us all to freshen up our crown and sceptre or our royal clothing.Anyone get this becouse i sure dont and i feel B U D is trying to impress everyone with words he has no idea what they mean.B U D Also tells us we can kiss his ass.Why?Did anyone on here do anything to you or did you just have such a bad childhood that you are mad at everyone?Thats why you hate GOD isnt it.You blame him for all the bad stuff that has happend to you.And just so you know GOD and jesus were kickin around long before the romans.I would say that you might need to read the bible before you can put it down or argue that GOD isnt real..Well ive wasted to much time on B U D.sorry i didnt mean to get off track.Oh i did look up (REGALIA IN THE DICTIONARY JUST TO BE SURE BECOUSE I DONT HAVE THE BIG BRAIN)

13. wilda cruz
    puerto rico
    February 29, 2012, 7:29 pm

What i’d say to people who didn’t heed my warnings?
    Sorry ’bout that! Told yah so!

14. Terryshilo
    Desert South West Washington State
    March 14, 2012, 6:22 am

Of all the people profiled. I personally like Ed and his wife. I could really see that although they have to take care of themselves.. it would hurt them to see others suffering. I “stupidly” would probably seeing a starving child give them what might be my last meal. I suppose if in the situation, I perhaps mights not… that bothers me so very much. We’ve all heard you have to be cruel to be kind. I can be, but not when an innocent life is at stake. I would more than likely succumb to the fate dealt to me. Having many Mormons living close by, and that their church stockpiles to help in disasters (huge warehouses of generators, first aid, food, water, etc) It’s apparent that many are positioned to help themselves while at the same time helping other innocents. I have to admire them for this. They were there first thing with Katrina, Haiti, etc. For as much as they differ spiritually from myself.. I like that they do very much care about others in horrific circumstances. I believe there would be major chaos, I would look to the kind and not the everything to myself people. I’m disabled and therefore know in my heart if things really got bad the human mantra of surviving would be left to the fittest amongst us. It would be a end, but it would be what humankind would deal out. I cannot blame this mantra. I would have my family leave me to take care of themselves. For as much as this would hurt them, I would want them to try and forage onwards. Sorry about the rant. It’s quite possible I would be gone before anything ever happens. So this could all be a moot point.

15. Mark
    Yonkers, New York
    March 18, 2012, 6:58 am

We are all going to die someday, life is not about escaping death life is about how you live. So some catastrophe happens, eventually you are going to die anyway, do you want to die killing your neighbors and hoarding your food or hiding in a bunker for a year and then what? Do you really want to face eternity like a scared dog holding on to a bone? Is what happens when people believe they came from monkey’s they act like wild animals when the going gets rough? If we really do have something catastrophic happen it will be a test of our humanity, how we face life and how we face death, I hope that I would rather die giving my all for humanity then just fighting like a wild beast to survive.

16. Dr SAM
    EARTH
    April 9, 2012, 4:18 pm

“La aillahaahIllaALLAH, MuhammadarRasoolullaah”.
    If you are Overweight. Hide !!!! Cannibalism, is the First TREND to Start!!! Seriously. Look at the movies “Book of Eli” and “The Road”. When it is anyone’s time to die, they will. Not to mention Military or heavily armed groups, takin ur stuff. Oh yeah, underground, in an EarthQuake, is not cool! But, above ground, with fire, or tornado or floods or ………. !!!!

17. Wade S White
    Columbus Ohioi
    October 16, 2012, 8:21 pm

to Riley Cook, Hey what if ur water tight hand cart, was also like a paddle boat? on the show ur wife was spinning the wheel very easy, what if it had sum lil paddle’s on the spokes, or like a paddle boat u could pedal the wheels which could have lil finns, or something on the wheels. and where the handle is could have some type of floatation thing with a rudder attached to it for steering. maybe it could even be attached when needed