In anticipation of the premiere of Doomsday Preppers tomorrow night, we wanted to give bloggers in the prepping community an opportunity to share their thoughts – after all, they’re the real experts!  We sent each of the following bloggers a copy of the show – check out their reviews below to find out what they thought and whether they’ll be tuning in each week for more.  And should you decide you’d like to make a few preparations of your own after seeing the first episode, look no further than these blogs to get started:

Survivor Jane, a self-proclaimed girly-girl turned survivor who runs her own site on survival preparedness for women, weighs in with her thoughts, comparing each Doomsday Prepper’s preparedness to her own.  While you won’t find her living in a shipping container or out partying at a nightclub with a bug-out-bag at her feet like a couple of the folks featured in the premiere episode, she declares, “Survival Preparedness is not a one-size-fits-all. Within our basic needs are individuals and individual plans.”  For her full review including her thoughts on “man ponytails” check out her post here.

Apartment Prepper holds back judgment on the preppers featured in the show, stating, People prepare for different reasons with whatever means they can manage.  As you watch, you can form your own conclusions on whether the group featured aligns with your own views – whether you agree with their prepping methods or not – that is for you to decide.”  Check out the full post here and more tips on big city apartment prepping at The Apartment Prepper’s Blog.

Alexander Wolf from TEOTWAWKI Blog notes, It’s fairly well done and unbiased – there’s no attempt to portray the preppers as crazies, though some of the preppers are certainly a little bit more, err, eccentric than others. The expert recommendations are usually pretty spot-on, too.”  Check out more of his thoughts at TEOTWAWKI Blog (and for those of you new to the prepper lingo, TEOTWAWKI = The End Of The World As We Know It.)

Prepper Website comments, One of the things that preppers are concerned about when shows like these are aired, is looking like a kook.  I didn’t feel like that coming away from watching this first episode.  Instead, watching this episode inspired me to look into a few things that I can/should put in place for myself.  Ultimately, for me, if there is learning or ideas that I can come away with, it is worth it to take the time to watch it!”  For more news on prepping and his full thoughts on the show, check out his post on Prepper Website.

Erich from Tactical Intelligence also touches on concerns about the portrayal of the prepping community, sharing, “To my surprise though I thought they did a great job at staying neutral and just documenting what these various preppers are doing if the SHTF.”  He found some of the featured preppers “inspiring” and was able to take away some great ideas for his own plans.  For his full review, check out his post at Tactical Intelligence.

Ranger Man from SHTF Blog (SHTF = $h!t Hits The Fan) wonders what non-preppers will think of the show, stating, “for me, it was hard to watch it without critiquing the folks and their preps as the show went on.”  He also questions the decision of those featured in the show to “give away their location and all of the extensive preps on national television.” Check out his review at SHTF Blog to find out how he thinks each Doomsday Prepper would fare if their skills were put to the test.

While you wouldn’t catch Angela sharing her preps in front of a national television audience, she appreciates the chance to learn from those who have, stating, “You can learn A LOT from other people’s preparedness efforts.  To me, that is one of the great things about a show like this.  I watched thinking, ‘What have they done that I could incorporate to raise my own preparedness level?’”  We love that her 12-year old son also weighed in with his thoughts, sharing, “That is SO AWESOME!”  Check out her post here for her complete review of the show and check out Food Storage and Survival for tips on food storage and preparedness.

Like others in the prepping community, Ken from Modern Survival Blog had quite a few questions as he popped in the DVD, such as “Will the episodes exemplify the realistic ‘doomsday’ scenarios that exist today?” and “Will the overall message of the series inspire non-preppers to realistically stop and think about it for themselves?” To find out his thoughts to these and other questions after viewing the show, check out his post here at Modern Survival Blog.

Last but not least, a hat tip to Robert Bast from 2012 Blog who called the show a “must-see series” and directed his readers to clips and other resources on the Doomsday Preppers website.  Check out the 2012 Blog and Survive 2012 to read more about potential doomsday scenarios and survivalism.

Once again, we’d like to thank the bloggers in the prepping and survival community who joined us in the Doomsday Preppers Blog Carnival, and took the time to share their thoughts with their readers and us.  Don’t forget to tune-in tomorrow, Tuesday, February 7th at 9 p.m. ET/PT for back-to-back premiere episodes on NGC and come back to share your own thoughts with us in the comments section below!

Comments

1. Donna Miller, Your Preparation Station
    Asheville, NC
    February 7, 2012, 6:58 pm

I eagerly await the show.
    Alan (Ex. Co-Producer) was such a wonderful and forthright guest on my radio show that I have renewed hope in watching the series.

2. Lex
    in fnont computer
    February 7, 2012, 8:41 pm

Last year your show blew my mind when that man drove his truck on wood waste then drove his truck to his house powered off of Victorygasworks’ gas making machine.. Just wood trash converted into organic natural gas!!!!

3. 1chklst
    underground/va.
    February 7, 2012, 8:51 pm

looking forward to the show//sent an e-mail last wk. hope it is not full of crazies! if i prepared for a volcano to erupt/then it would be a psunami that would happen.//luck// trying youre best is all you can do//eggs in 1 basket(not a good idea) in my humble opinion!

4. Ken
    February 7, 2012, 11:23 pm

I am looking forward to the various motives, methods, and extent at which the various preppers take care of business. No doubt that there is quite a variety out there, and I’m sure we’ll all be able to take away positive ideas from this.

5. Michael
    tennessee
    February 8, 2012, 3:37 am

I love that these people are preped for thier worst nightmare, which is why i prepared for mine, the end of the world due to undead human (zombies). I would love to see a doomsdays preppers about this mostly un-likely event, I myself have a plan, but do you?

6. Don
    Midwest
    February 8, 2012, 4:47 am

Great show – except I can’t agree that these folks are experts. Most of them had lots of GLASS Mason jars on flimsy shelves with no restraints. The grand finale being the folks near the New Madrid Fault showing off their really flimsy shelves of Mason jars. Where do they think these jars will be after the earthquake – broken on the floor! NG didn’t catch it on the feedback either. I would think NG would have pointed this out, especially since most of the preppers made the same mistake. The shelves can collapse not only from quakes, but from tornados and hurricane damage, explosions, accidents, shelf failure……..

7. tim
    cali
    February 8, 2012, 5:27 am

Great show, they definitely are not mainstream preppers but what i did not like was at the end of the show how the host announces how alot of these events are not likely to occur.. for example the guy who was preparing for financial meltdown and the host says at the end of the show the most economic experts do not suggest these events are likely.. bs! they were probably paid by fema lol

8. Richo
    Montana
    February 8, 2012, 5:47 am

Wow.

Just finished viewing the first two issues of this, and I am somewhat disappointed.

First, I think many of the examples are way over the top, both in their choice of potential problems, and their response to them.

There are several that seem to imply that the whole civilization is going to collapse. That just aint going to happen in my humble opinion. Will there be local issues like earthquakes, power outages, etc? Sure. But storing food for 20 years? Get real.

For example, here in Montana, I am prepared for the two most likely issues I personally face. The first is power outages. We are averaging 2 a month where I live in the country with a lot of beetle killed trees falling on the power lines. I have flashlights in each room, the power companies emergency number, hard wired land line so I can call the outage in( no cell reception), good wood heat backup, and a backup generator.

My second concern is wildfires. We have a good firebreak trimmed well back, 3 ways out, an agreed on meeting place, and a pre planned list of what to throw into the vehicles.

Practical stuff for the issue at hand, not 20 years of chaos. If the shit really does hit the fan, this country has a vast response capability, and I think a few months worth of food is plenty to get back to normal in most cases.

The one think I did also question is the Practical Preppers assessment of how probable the issues were, especially the comment, issued twice, that a financial meltdown was seen by “most” economists as very unlikely. I do not think they are paying close attention. That is by far the most likely national issue in my opinion. And the two people preparing for it did not mention one thing about their financial preparations for that.

I have been to the Practical Preppers site, and they do not look like they are all that professional.

9. Mjzamccabe
    Stl..
    February 8, 2012, 6:54 am

Watched both episodes.. Interesting.. Seen faults with some.. Now If the New Madrid fault goes big, the glass jars aren’t going to fair to well, the stock piles are gone. Just a thought

10. Ned Clark
    February 8, 2012, 6:55 am

I just watched the episode in which the charming Progressive couple were preparing for a devastating earthquake along the New Madrid Fault by canning months’-worth of fruits, vegetables and meats in…GLASS JARS!

Writing from Southern California – i.e.: `Earthquake Central’, I’d like to observe…in earthquakes, things move…things shift…things FALL…glass BREAKS… Either constrain / pad the glass jars to minimize breakage, or can in something other than glass.

Also, Conservatives can be real SOBs when riled…learn how to use guns.

11. Zulu Cowboy
    Nashville, TN
    February 8, 2012, 12:16 pm

I watched the show tonight, and I must say, I was impressed, I even learned a thing or two! A person’s ability to survive a disaster, whether economic, natural or man made is directly proportional to the preparations he has made to do so. Both tangible, and in the knowledge he acquires. Tonight’s show just opened up a whole range of possibilities for people who may not have given any thought to their survival. Kudos to you, NatGeo!

12. J.Avalos
    Valley Springs, CA
    February 8, 2012, 1:15 pm

Survival starts with the proper mindset, that you are aware and that you will take steps to survive by doing your homework and going from there. Kathy and Bruce Harrison, the liberal couple refusal to have any firearms to protect their food stock has left them wide open in terms of vulnerability. Their views on firearms will set them up for failure. The Harrison’s are just what looters want, an easy kill and taking.

13. Donna Miller, Your Preparation Station
    Asheville, NC
    February 8, 2012, 1:56 pm

DVRed the show as well as watched it live.

I’ll be re-watching and taking notes on what struck me as ‘wacko’ and what actually made some sense. I know who we in our family identify with and what we thought of the show

If anyone would like to weigh in on our survey of the Preppers themselves and the Show – go take it at our blog:
    http://www.grainstorehouse.com – before the next episode airs….we’ll broadcast the results on the 14th!

14. Ken
    February 8, 2012, 3:06 pm

Regarding the comments of the folks preparing for the New Madrid fault zone and the fact that their glass jars are on the shelves waiting to topple… I believe they are in Vermont and will not be victims of the shaking to that extent. I believe they said they were prepping for the fact that the U.S. distribution systems will be effectively split in half, and therefore the grocery store shelves will empty in short order. I do think though that they are vulnerable due to a lack of security and the notion that thieves will be friendly towards them…

15. Rob B.
    Orlando, Florida
    February 8, 2012, 3:22 pm

For the couple with the shipping container fort anticipating continental shift, I can see a couple flaws.
    They are testing their walls with .22 rifles as if they would be attacked by a Boy Scout turkey shoot, instead of people aremed with military caliber small arms of the kind they are training with .

Their biggest issue, their pantry unit has lots of glass on shelves, it doesn’t look as though the shelves are any kind of earthquake resistant. If there were a continental shift it might be a bumpy ride, even if the shelves don’t fall over, there’s nothing to keep the glass jars from sliding off. Whatever anybody thinks of their planning, it’s always a good idea to disaster proof and I’d hate to see all their food preperations shattered on the floor.

16. KaD
    February 8, 2012, 4:58 pm

The show was really good but I am seriously fustrated with a particular comment: Dogs are more useful that cats after TSHTF. Unless they have been declawed cats will be able to look after themselves fairly well and will be necessary to keep down the rat and mouse, and therefor flea and tick population, unless we want a repeat of the black plague. Also, the average medium size dog chows through about 164 kg of meat and 95 kg of cereals a year; who the hell is going to have that much to spare with no commercial dog food supply? There are approximately 78.2 million owned dogs in the United States; that is more than twice the estimated DEER population. Even with stringent laws and an animal control office in every community 34 people were killed in the US by dogs last year, over a thousand admitted to hospital emergency rooms every day for dog attacks and bites. An infected dog bite can and has killed, what about when there is little to no formal medical care? In most cases a dog will make concealment impossible with its incessant barking; as well as catching game impossible. A few years ago a woman was lost in the wilderness for weeks. Her stupid dog drove away all the animals she was trying to catch for food. She eventually killed and ate her dog to survive.

17. Amy E.
    Alabama
    February 8, 2012, 5:07 pm

I have just recently started thinking about if disasters happen to the United States or the world in general. I saw that the doomsday preppers shows and was very impressed especially with the Paul and Gloria Range group. I am a surgical nurse so I know how to keep people healthy and am able to help injured individuals. My medical knowledge will be very valuable if something of this magnitude happens. Hey Range family, if you need any medical personnel to round out your group, I’m here for you. Just get in touch, I’m there.

18. mountainview
    Colorado
    February 8, 2012, 6:10 pm

show was informative. They left out a number of things that will most likely come out in future shows. for those who do prepare. remember some keys things. Generators unless water cooled can only be run for short periods of time and require gas. A solar power generator would make a good second backup to a gas generator. Things to consider storing. Floor, rice. pasta, powered milk. etc. all foods high in protien . Don’t forget toilet paper. I am sure the show will give additional ideas. My last thought is in the event of a breakdown of our civilization ( no matter what the reason ) you better be able to protect yourself , your loved ones food and personal property. Get a hanndgun and rifle and get lessons how to use them safely.

19. TNT
    Southwest Urban area
    February 8, 2012, 8:06 pm

After watching the premier of this new program I have one major disappointment:

Why give details as to where these people live? Name the state, but “near” this or that town is going a bit too far. Every prepper I know is rather ‘private’ they don’t broadcast to the nation where they live or exactly what they have in terms of preparedness supplies. This is especially true for people like Kathy and Bruce (which I will discuss later).

The rest of the show actually was quite interesting and was a kind of validation to me and my preparedness ‘method’. Also I have been a follower of Practical Preppers for awhile now and they are very informed.

One thing that did raise more questions for me was the lack of elaboration on what I call the “Reality Check”. Oh they were pointed out in the preparedness ratings; however some kind of suggestion to accomplish the lacking ‘need’ would have been nice too; especially for Kathy, Bruce and David.

To Megan and her comment about money, I would have told her to perform a little exercise: Whenever you are out and about and are ready to pay to do something or are about to make an unplanned purchase; ask yourself “Will I die or will my health fail, in the next year if I don’t purchase or pay to do this now? If the answer is no – every other time – don’t do or purchase that thing. When you get home put the monies you would have spent on that item or activity in a jar and at the end of two weeks or a month, count it. I am willing to bet you will find some cash for what you were rated a lacking.

To Kathy and Bruce I admire your sticking to your convictions when it comes to firearms. I consider people with your belief to be the ‘conscious of humanity’. I will just as actively defend the right to not own a firearm as I will the right to own one! However you sorely need the Reality Check. You and your community’s location is now known nationally. This leaves you open to ‘attack’ by others from the surrounding communities that are armed and desperate.

We humans are very far from a Utopia world of no crime or violence. We can’t even stop ourselves from ‘dictating’ (rules, regulations and laws) our views and ways of life on others around us that are not bothering or threatening us, that do not believe that way. Also, if you are for reducing crime, you must address the criminal and not just his tools. Criminals will always find a tool to commit their crimes.

When a major crisis occurs, people who were once passive will become killers to get what they need to survive. This won’t be one or three people; this will be a pack of people coming after what you have.

To your friend who would ‘sweat talk’ and invite the raiders to a feast – can he sweat talk a suicide bomber or insane person? If he can the psychiatric world desperately needs him. Besides, 10 well armed attackers can cause havoc, kill, wound and maim many in a small unarmed community before you even have a chance to fully comprehend the situation and I seriously doubt any mature male would just stand by while his wife or child was raped or murdered.

My offer to Kathy and Bruce is to at least be sure you and your likeminded community have Defense Plans and non-lethal defense mechanisms (alarms, booby traps, restraints, containment) in place and practice regularly. You also have the option of attending a firearm school where you need not own a firearm to at least learn how to safely handle, maintain and use one. You may not be a perfect shot, but if you should end up with some confiscated firearms from a raiding pack, you now have the ability to fight back.

To David I would say to strengthen your associations with your workers and friends. Offer to be a secondary retreat for them should the SHTF. This way you can compensate for your physical limitations by banding with others. Practice ‘activation’ of your group so you are all ready.

To every home canner out there: If you live where there shakes, rattles and rolls, you had better secure your home canned goods. A simple wooden dowel or bungie cord system is a cheap, quick and easy way to do this. Cut up old cardboard boxes into strips to place between jars and the like to reduce “clashing” breakage.

I have long been a fan of Christopher Nyerges and even attended one of his wilderness survival classes back in the day. So I know he did not reveal all of his knowledge or preparations for this program, including his defense and alternate route procedures.

Chris, you said it: “The Lakers won” which resulted in a pack of ‘celebrators’ that were destructive. I say to everyone: Now picture the ‘celebrators’ running in a pack to get what they lack to survive!

To everyone on the show or watching, I wish to remind you that a crisis, disaster, emergency or black swan event can happen at any time, in any place; they come in all shapes, sizes and durations. They will not wait until you are all at home and ready.
    Since we live our lives out and about, this means that mobility will be an issue, if for no other reason than to get back to our home or retreat. Failure to plan for the mobility issue is hazardous to your health and may cause injury or death.

Hence, it is better to plan and practice for the worst case scenario; like say you are not home when the crisis hits, your usual modes of transportation and routes are not available – you are on foot with what you have with you – at that time. This way if things are not that bad, your back-up can very quickly be shifted to, without even having to think about it, yet alone plan it out. If you are part of a household or group, this would mean that your key personnel do not make it back to the retreat; so cross training is a must.

This last reminder is one that was kind of touched upon in the program. It is what I call “Life’s Pollution”. No matter where we live, especially for urbanites, in a SHTF world sights, sounds and smell will appear to travel farther, as well as be more defined and easier to identify. With this in mind using your fireplace, wood stove (that isn’t a re-burner system), a solar or wind powered well pump, chopping wood, cooking on your grill or even a candle in a window – will be noticed for a much greater distance. Hence alerting others around you that you have something they do not and need.

“A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”
    Proverbs 22:3

TNT

A 50 Something, urban homesteading, Prepper; I share Preparedness, Homesteading, Self-reliance knowledge & doc’s at: http://NMUrbanHomesteader.blogspot.com/ & http://www.scribd.com/TNTCrazyLady

20. Modern Day Redneck
    Texas
    February 8, 2012, 8:46 pm

I took the show for what it was worth, a TV show. I did rewind the DVR several times to catch the items in the background that were not mentioned. Did anyone see the operational Aquaponics system?
    I do not know if I would ever be on the show because these people are setting themselves up as a target. Now everyone who watched it knows what they have, and if I did, I would at least clean the place up so not to give off the wrong impressions of the prepping community.
    To see how it is done, check out http://moderndayredneck.blogspot.com

21. TNT
    Southwest Urban area
    February 8, 2012, 11:57 pm

You pegged it ModernDayRedneck when you said: “I wished the producers and the network were a little more prepper friendly because if so I think the show would have been more educational and a better learning tool.”

Me, never in this life would I be on the show. I prefer my anonymity ;-} It is fun to watch though.

22. MT NINJA
    MONTANA
    February 9, 2012, 4:19 am

My husband I just recently became preppers. We are orignally from California and moved to Montana as retiress. We have learned a great deal from the locals here. They no what it takes to survive. So WTSHTF we are in the perfect spot to not only survive but thrive. The families that live near or in a metropolitian areas should bug out with in 24 hrs. It is a fact that the governemnt is going to shut every highway with in 24 hrs. making it impossible for anyone to leave. The reason being is that the government can not control the mass of people if they are scattered. So if you cannot get out and are not prepared, you will become a victim within 3 days. Watch and learn……….

23. bil
    in ypur head
    February 10, 2012, 3:32 am

I just watched a disturbing video. It appears that Dsarti…big, former truck driver, who appeared on the NatGeo show Doomsday Preppers, has been forced into the healthcare/psychiatric system here in Tennessee, and had his guns taken away from him. Just days after appearing on national television…

He has subsequently given up on prepping…and has stopped making youtube videos.

24. John
    Bugged Out
    February 10, 2012, 7:44 am

I look forward to seeing how preppers are portrayed.

25. David F.
    Texas
    February 11, 2012, 7:00 am

I agree with tim from cali: The narration at the very end was weak. “Not likely to happen”…Really? Okay some things yes, but…With Greece and other European countries going through economic problems; high unemployment in the USA; the American Great Depression of the 30s; the recent natural disasters in North America (tornado in Joplin; hurricanes Katrina, Rita, Andrew, etc.; recent tsunamis in the Orient; US flooding and drought; rampid wildfires; etc. etc.) should be motivation enough for people (everywhere) to prepare and is ample reason for the end narration to be edited before rebroadcasting. Telling people such events will not happen while not encouranging preparedness for natural disasters gave me the sense of wasting an hour watching the show, disappointment with the Director & Producers not conveying the importance of preparing for the unexpected, plus the involuntary reaction of: BS! I also agree with Don from Midwest, along with several other comments. The “experts” should have paid more attention to details.

26. [...] these events are likely.. bs! they were probably paid by fema lol … … Read more: The Doomsday Preppers Blog Carnival – Nat Geo TV Blogs ← Patriots Against the NWO: Doomsday [...]

27. scott
    February 13, 2012, 2:27 am

i love this show aqnd love to learn from there wayes

28. Tim
    Oregon
    February 13, 2012, 3:47 am

I knew I wasn’t nuts…
    TEOTWAWKI

29. Mike
    Wyoming
    February 14, 2012, 12:01 am

Interesting that many of these folks are using glass jars. The folks in Texas who are preping for an earthquake for example. They had shelves upon shelves of glass jars. Yet they were encased in steel cargo containers.
    So far I have not really seen any good ideas on the program. What I do see is food hoarders, and paranoia.
    Practicality sugests that one should learn survival skills, hunting/fishing skills, trapping skills, primitive food storage methods, tanning hides, ammo reloading, natural food and/or edible plant knowledge, and so on. I feel these are some of the keys to survival.
    Since we are in a modern age, I really wonder how many can survive in a real crisis, de-void of our plush homes, our RV’s, our automobiles, Mocha Lattes, Wal-Mart, and last but not least, McDonalds. As I hope we never witness such a dire event, I too am prepared! But maybe we should all buy boats incase of a mass flood. YOU NEVER KNOW!
    But since we opened this jar of treats, I can only hope that people pay heed to some of the advice offered. Survival is almost a lost skill.

30. Thomas
    New York
    February 14, 2012, 6:39 am

Any smart prepper will not be on this show. The man from Tennessee has been diagnosed as mentally unstable and has had his guns confiscated by state law enforcement within a few days of the show airing.

31. 1776partisan
    Alabama
    February 14, 2012, 7:04 am

prepping is a common sense [maybe not perfect] extension of our times. however why would people expecting earthquakes store there food in glass?

32. R.M.
    February 14, 2012, 4:50 pm

First off, I have mixed views about the Preppers. I found that the self-sustaining Preppers to be the most effective in extreme situations, especially, the ones who demonstrated well-rounded skills in first-aid, multiple methods of acquiring food and water, shelter, and security.
    Like many comments, I wondered if the glass jars would survive an earthquake. For the Houston Prepper, in case of a fuel crisis, wouldn’t it be wise to have another method of transportation, let’s say, invest in a sturdy mountain bike to get around? Walking from the apartment to the car seems to be tiresome. It would be beneficial to learn how to properly pack a backpack – distribute the weight evenly. You want a pack with a frame. Pack the lighter items in the bottom portion and the heavier items in the top portion – a tip from military training.
    All in all, the preppers were both admirable, yet, extreme and a bit off with SHTF facts, but it’s too easy too criticize, in which I have to say that the Preppers serve as a motivational tool to take up prepping as a hobby, which can be potentially useful if SHTF.

33. Mary Morgan McFerrin
    Central Texas
    February 14, 2012, 5:02 pm

During the last minute of Doomsday Preppers initial installment, the commentator rapidly explained why preppers reasons for prepping will never happen.

Why then, did NatGeo provide the scenarios for fear in “Aftermath” in 2010? Entertainment? Irresponsible journalism?

34. Ryan
    VA
    February 14, 2012, 10:05 pm

Love the show! I run a preppers blog myself and I am glad you are showing us some love.

35. RicK
    New England
    February 14, 2012, 11:24 pm

Any real prepper wrote this show off in the first 30 seconds. What a circus…….

36. scrambo
    February 15, 2012, 12:26 am

Its funny that your economic experts felt that economic collapse is far fetched yet the federal govt has approx 113 trillion dollars in un-funded liabilities that being social security, medicare, medicaid, fannie mae, freddie mac, and several wars that have been run off the books. Economic collapse is inevitable, whether or not its near who knows? It is interesting that high level govt officials, and wealthy ceo types are putting in underground bunkers with a years supply of freeze dried food and the companies that install these have a year backlog. I smell a rat, something is afoot. Better learn how to skin a buck and run a trot line.

37. Sarge47
    Illinois
    February 15, 2012, 3:40 am

I saw the NY fireman, Jason, tonight on the series. The so-called experts missed a good call on one of his prepping ideas, can anybody guess what it was?

38. RK
    WI.
    February 16, 2012, 7:26 pm

To Megan Huwitt, you do not go on a B.O. wearing short-shorts & a tank top, no matter where you live!!!

To Jason the firefighter, If you steal up your apartment, where do get the air to breath??

To the person who shot himseif, your trip to your BUG-OUT-LOCATION would have more traffic on the roads than it did!!! An how would you know when to Bug-Out & not to BUG-OUT??

To person with the 80 guns in his safes. You can only shoot two guns at a time. And how many different kinds of AMMO do you have to keep in stock?? With the minimum of 300rds. per weapon!!!

39. John
    BUGGED OUT
    February 17, 2012, 2:22 am

Well, the show has brought the idea of prepping to a great many people, but has done so in a way that demeans and portrays them in the worst possible light. That, my friends is how media works; sensationlize, ridicule – it’s all just bread and circuses for those who want to be entertained – not informed.
    6,000 members and growing.

40. John Houston
    Alabama
    February 17, 2012, 1:21 pm

The best site for survival information is http://www.survivalcache.com – they have a forum for survival topics and a great newsletter.

41. Barb
    Mi
    February 19, 2012, 4:18 am

i like the show Doomsday Prepper. there are all kinds natural disasters.even man made disasters too.

As for the Houston do not kill your cat or cats they are usa full.To keep down the rats and mices that would get in your food.And an other bloger has gone into more details about the cats usa fullness.

and the prepper with chickens, also get duck, turkeys, geese,
    and any other kind of bird that can be eaten as food.
    and may be some pigs for ham bacon and pork chops.
    and there is the Mad Max thing that pigs can be used for.
    Question do any of the prepper know how to knit things.
    well I’ve have more to say, but this is enough for now.

42. SYLVIA
    nj
    February 22, 2012, 4:41 am

These people suffer from paranoid delusions and government derangement syndrome!!!!!! Do they think the entire USA will be destroyed??? Get real you nut jobs!!!!! I did notice they & the posters here are mostly hillbilly, gun toting, wacka-doodles!!!! You all need to see a psychiatrist and not a survivalist!!!!!!

43. Casper
    Missouri
    February 22, 2012, 7:15 am

when I first found out about this show (doomsday preps) I thought how cool I’ve been doing this since Y2k and my research continues on simple alternative energy while my reserves continue to grow,but I’m beginning to be a little concerned about the attention this show may get once I started thinking about it….you see I served in the military quite a while and studied espionage and propaganda,I’ve learned enough to make me distrust everyone because so many walk in ignorance like a blind man with a smile on his face not knowing he is being lead by a blind man that’s just people in general but my biggest distrust is of the powers that be we are programed to believe one system two parties everybody has the right to vote in this one nation under god with liberty and justice for all and as long as everyone is kept busy by forcing people to work or els go hungry,homeless and get sick due to the regulations set in place a long time ago for the climactic results that is about to be achieved,,remember propaganda? We are the expert on that it has been used very affectively since the very first war and what makes me sick is I’ve been seeing it used on the American people everyday for a long time and we buy into as normal because we have been programed to receive it knowledge is power and the powers that be know this why do u think the school system has been dumbed down and history books have been totally rearranged to mention just a couple. If you have ever seen the movie Matrix you my think this was meant for your entertainment but it was born from and made to really entertain the powers that be because it holds so much truth of what is the plan and desire of the super elite powers that be to regulate global growth and control all. There are many movies where the devil tells on himself and laughs about it and says what are you going to do about it because the matrix of the brainwashed on every level has sided with him unknowingly and out number the few on earth who really knows what’s going on but doesn’t have the power of the majority on their side but the super elite powers that be know exactly what’s going on and as long as they can keep people busy working,apathetic or thinking big brother will take care of them then they have you almost where they want you,,oh please forgive me for being long winded I have to let off a little steam for all the years I’ve witnessed this undertaken when you watch CNN or cnbc and most others remember this they are owned by a big shot who answers to the powers that be and they are experts on suddle propaganda so much so they could easily make an innocent man look very guilty for example, well i’m getting long winded again so let me get back to my original point about why I was worried about all these doomsday people coming out and talking well that’s what they want you to do you see these are people after my own heart and I would love to see them everyday but i would rather they stay under ground because there is a thing in the political world called cause and affect were when they want to get a bill to pass they create a problem for their predetermined solution and I see this a lot on news specially with farming,control control control create a problem tell the people 10 times a year how people died from eating a vegetable or meat from a farm and it was because of manure and as soon as most of the people are convince another regulation is put into place requiring farmers to be college grads with a license to grow or else be thrown into prison for growing a tomato plant without the proper license,,,you see if you give in and say oh great we are going to be on tv and show off our food bank and skills your playing into the devils hand,,,,please tell them to stop and stay underground this can and will backfire causing it to be a crime for hoarding food , yes sounds impossible but look at all the socialist ideas being programed on Americans today first they create a problem then they give the people their solution, democrats on tv have been doing this a lot lately, oh by the way although I put down most news broadcast fox I found to be the most patriotic, and the most in touch with the truth of what America is about but I’m certain they will be contaminated thru infiltration of the espionage and propaganda matrix of the elite or even bought out thru threat without anyone in America knowing about it,,do you see? Do you get it? Well I tried to explain it the best I know how,don’t waist your time trying to respond because this is not my e-mail thanks for your time pass the word not on TV because if you are self sufficient you have power if you have the knowledge to be self sufficient you have power and the matrix will come after you if you have power because they want full control,they always send someone so stay underground and spread the knowledge

44. David X
    February 22, 2012, 8:11 am

I’m surprised Donna (pandemic lady) doesn’t know about Germicidal UV-C light bulbs that kill off germs in seconds. They use them in hospitals and they are cheap to buy at $7 a bulb. Just set up a little UV-C light tunnel that you pass through into the house and you don’t need all that stuff!

45. David X
    February 22, 2012, 8:19 am

Economists agree that no such collapse is likely. This sounds just like the Grand PooBah of all economists, Alan Greenspan in 2007 saying that there is NO housing bubble and there are enough immigrants to move into all the houses being built. If the top dog of the United States of America can get it that wrong I don’t trust any economist saying something is very unlikely.

46. John
    BUGGED OUT
    February 23, 2012, 4:03 am

to: SYLVIA nj who posted here on February 22, 4:41 am

Sylvia, or SYLVIA, as you seem to prefer it – preppers are not “not jobs” or “wacka-doodles”; they are just ordinary people who know that in an emergency, the best person to rely on is yourself. Look back at Katrina if you think the government on any level is able to help when TSHTF. Some people just “get it” and start on the road to self reliance – others like you, well…..

6,200 members and growing.

47. Terry
    Oklahoma
    February 23, 2012, 5:38 am

I love this new show even if it is a bit over the top. Everyone should know survival basics because you just never know when you might need them. If I can take away one or two good ideas from each show, that’s good for me. Modern survivalists blog is great also and I enjoyed the postapocolyptic survival blog I found right here on this blog. Just being mentally prepared and having some plan is better than nothing.

48. ALP
    NC
    February 25, 2012, 6:30 pm

I love this show and feel exactly the same way. I know of a bug out secluded property located in western North Carolina if anyone is interested. This would make a perfect bug out site.

49. Yardbird
    February 26, 2012, 6:00 pm

Are any of the shows going to cover CERT programs?

50. Sarge47
    Illinois
    February 29, 2012, 1:41 am

Getting back toJason the apartment dweller, he should pre-bag his stashed food in day-packs…say 10 days of food at a time. That way, when he’s fighting the clock to pickup his food and get back home all’s he has to do is just grab a pack or two, instead of wasting time bagging it up when he gets there! Just sayin’.

51. dutch
    missouri
    February 29, 2012, 4:58 am

I feel sorry for the little boy in Maine whose dad picks up road kill for dinner. He wants to please his dad but is not interested in the survival thing, poor kid. Let him be himself, dad or else he’ll grow up hating you.

52. Daniel Elyashiv
    New York
    February 29, 2012, 5:15 am

prepare yourself to self defense and extreme condition survivor , learning from a former Counter Terrorism and Krav Maga specialist – special forces combat soldier and instructor
    at http://www.KravMagaCrash.com

53. Damian Helton
    Kentucky
    March 4, 2012, 5:32 pm

It seems to me that some of the prepers are looking forward
    To other people suffering and they want to rub it in peoples face especially the girl in Texas and the large woman it shows in the commercials all the time I find that very wrong on there part It makes you wonder what has some one done to them to make them wish for doomsday

54. Damian Helton
    Kentucky
    March 4, 2012, 5:33 pm

I would rather die than live in a world like the one they wish for

55. [...] from Anarchy, we’ll get a peak at three new preppers, Mike Mester, Preston White and Riley Cook. Once again, we thought we’d turn it over to a few of our favorite bloggers in the prepping community to [...]

56. Terry
    March 6, 2012, 10:05 pm

There’s one they all forget, except for one lady, and she was the one who wanted to stay under their ass, by the capital building…….these orders, or laws, are on the book, after reading them, tell me what you are allowed to have.
    Try these rules on for size, SYLVIA, and tell me if you still feel the same.

First is from Executive Orders in place dating back to 1939 which Clinton has grouped together under one order, EO #12919 released on June 6, 1994. The following EOs all fall under EO#12919:

10995–Federal seizure of all communications media in the US;
    10997–Federal seizure of all electric power, fuels, minerals, public and private;
    10998–Federal seizure of all food supplies and resources, public and private and all farms and equipment;
    10999–Federal seizure of all means of transportation, including cars, trucks, or vehicles of any kind and total control over all highways, seaports and water ways;
    11000–Federal seizure of American people for work forces under federal supervision, including the splitting up of families if the government so desires;
    11001–Federal seizure of all health, education and welfare facilities, both public and private;
    11002–Empowers the Postmaster General to register every single person in the US
    11003–Federal seizure of all airports and aircraft;
    11004–Federal seizure of all housing and finances and authority to establish forced relocation. Authority to designate areas to be abandoned as “unsafe,” establish new locations for populations, relocate communities, build new housing with public funds;
    11005–Seizure of all railroads, inland waterways and storage facilities, both public and private;
    11051–Provides FEMA complete authorization to put above orders into effect in times of increased international tension of economic or financial crisis (FEMA will be in control incase of “National Emergency”).

The people who will carry out these orders, have an army, armor, satellites, military training, air power, sea power, chemical weapons, sonic weapons, ground penetrating radar, thermal imaging, night vision, to help them in their task. Thats what the northern command was established for, 420,000 troops backed by a federalized police force with U.N troops to back them up. note: how many times the words “PUBLIC AND PRIVATE” are used. Wake up people! seems THEY, have a doomsday plan

57. ALi
    Not Sayin'
    March 6, 2012, 11:04 pm

FEMA TELLS YOU TO PREPARE FOR 7 DAYS

FBI LABELS YOU A TERRORIST FOR DOING SO

NDAA PUTS YOU INTO A FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMP

FEMA HAS BUILT 3768 CAMPS NATIONWIDE AND TRAINS TO TAKE US FROM OUR HOMES TO THE CAMPS

NDAA TAKES AWAY MIRANDA AND RIGHT TO TRIAL

SENATE PASSED SEN. BILL 1867 97/3 AND OBAMA SIGNED IT FROM HAWAII ON NEW YEARS EVE 2011
    PURPOSE—TO INITIATE MARTIAL LAW AND HERD AMERICANS INTO FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS

WAL-MART PARTNERED WITH FEMA IN 1992 TO
    “TRACK PREPPERS”—WITH ADDRESSES AND CREDIT CARDS—-AND TO REPORT PREPPERS TO THE CIA
    PAY WITH CASH

US SIGNS WITH 178 OTHER COUNTRIES IN 1992 TO DEPOPULATE THE WORLD BY 90%—AGENDA 21

THE AGENDA 21 AGREEMENT WAS SIGNED BY BOTH BUSH AND CLINTON—IT IS A COUNTDOWN TO MARTIAL LAW

NDAA GIVES GOV. RIGHT TO CONFISCATE STOCKPILED FOOD AND TO TAKE YOUR LAND UNDER MARTIAL LAW

1994-CLINTON SIGNED EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 AUTHORIZING FEMA AND THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO SEIZE “HOARDED FOOD” AND “AMMUNITION” FROM PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SOURCES UNDER MARTIAL LAW

IF YOU ARE HOARDING MORE THAN 7 DAYS OF FOOD OR AMMO THAT MAKES YOU A TERRORIST

THESE PREPPERS HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE ENEMY IS OR THAT THEIR PREPPING IS A HUGE WASTE OF TIME

AGENDA 21 IS THE GOVERNMENT PLAN TO OPEN
    LEVIES IN NEW YORK AND THAT WILL SET OFF THE NEW MADRID EARTHQUAKE WHICH COVERS 120 MILES AND FIVE STATES AND

WHILE CHAOS ENSUES OUR MILITARY WILL BE ROUNDING US ALL UP TO GO TO THE CAMPS

THE GOV. WILL DO SO UNDER MARTIAL LAW AND WILL TELL US THE FOOD AND WATER IS NOT SAFE—

THERE ARE TONS OF PICTURES OF THESE CAMPS AND SPECIALLY BUILT TRAINS TO TAKE US THERE IN
    ON THE INTERNET

AND THE GOVERNMENT THEN PLANS TO TAKE US FROM OUR HOMES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND KILL MOST OF US—-ESPECIALLY PREPPERS

THEY HAVE BEEN ALREADY PUTTING BLUE AND RED AND YELLOW DOTS ON YOUR MAIL BOXES SO THAT WHEN MARTIAL LAW IS ENACTED THEY KNOW WHICH FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS TO TAKE YOU TO

AND EITHER KILL OR ASK THEM IF THEY ARE WILLING TO BE PART OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER THAT AMERICA SIGNED ONTO WITH 178 NATIONS TO DEPOPULATE THE WORLD BY 90% AND AMERICA IS GOING FIRST AND THESE PPL WILL BE ON THE BLUE LIST BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOLD PEOPLE WHERE THEY LIVE AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS AGAINST THE LAW—

THERE ARE 3768 FEMA CONCENTRATION CAMPS BUILT AND WAITING FOR US—THE PLANNED DAY IS DECEMBER 21,2012—

HR2749 ENABLES THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE OUR LAND AND TO INITIATE MARTIAL LAW

NDAA WHICH OBAMA SIGNED ON NEW YEARS EVE IN HAWAII WHILE AMERICA WAS PARTYING AND IT FORBIDS THE STOCKPILING OF FOOD, AMMO, WATERPROOF AMMO, SEEDS, AND ALL THE OTHER THINGS THESE PPL ARE STOCKPILING FOR MORE THAN 7 DAYS—

IT ALLOWS THE GOV. TO “DETAIN INDEFINATELY ANY CIVILIAN AMERICAN AND THAT IS THE LAW THAT ALLOWS THEM TO HERD US INTO CONCENTRATION CAMPS

ACCORDING TO A SUPREME COURT RULING IN 2004 IF YOU ARE STOCKPILING FOOD AND GOODS FOR MORE THAN A WEEK—–

YOU FALL INTO THE CATEGORY OF “TERRORIST” AND YOUR FAMILY WILL BE KILLED IMMEDIATELY

THERE ARE MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF WEBSITES ON AGENDA 21, NDAA, HAARP, DEPOPULATION,NEW WORLD ORDER, UNITED NATIONS DEPOPULATION AGREEMENT,

COPS AND FORMER MILITARY AND FEMA CAMP BUILDERS HAVE VIDEOS EVERYWHERE TO TELL PEOPLE ABOUT THIS AND WHERE ONE CAN FIND THAT STOCKPILING MAKES YOU A TERRORIST AND THE FIRST TO BE KILLED ON DOOMSDAY WHICH WILL BE MANMADE AND PURPOSEFUL AND IT IS PLANNED FOR DEC.21,2012 OF THIS YEAR—-
    IT IS NOT THE ECONOMY OR THE BIRD FLU OR THE POLES SHIFTING—-

IT IS THE GOVERNMENT AND AGENDA 21 THAT YOU MUST FEAR FIRST AND FOREMOST

58. elizabeth spinnato
    wisconsin
    March 7, 2012, 12:13 am

Hello, I watched tonights show and I feel so far behind for my family. The first family on “Nine Meal Away From Anarchy” Mike is the father made me realize I need to take care of my family better. I only have 3 days worth of food, and worry tonight what would my family of three would do if anything happened. So to Mike and any other preppers I need some help. Where do we start? We live in a mobile home in the country of WI and not sure where to begin. I will be forever in your debt if anyone could point in the right direction. Thank so much for sharing your info and stories on the show. My email is elizabethspinnato@att.net

59. Lee
    georgia
    March 11, 2012, 11:03 am

I really love the show and I have learnt a few things from it.But there are a few things that I have noticed.One is everyone is set on just one type pf disaster.When in fact we could be facing multiple types.The east coast is over due by 30 years for a major quake.As well as there are huge solar storms that are causing planes to change their flight paths right now.But something everyone needs to understand that when a major disaster does happen,odds are most all cities will go under martial law.And even though Nat Geo will keep these peppers I.D. hidden from the general public the FBI and the ATF will come and seize your guns because you could be a treat during these times.Don’t believe me ask hurricane Katrina survivors.
    Also something that most haven’t thought of is invasion.If the US is hit by a disaster that destroys our infrastructure many countries like China and Mexico will want to provide assistance/ invasion.
    With the folks with bunkers,there is an easy way to get you out.Did down to a wall drill a small hole and pump gasoline in and you will come out gas mask or not.You should encase your bunker in concrete.The guy with the missile silo is the best I have seen yet.The best way to secure your home or bunker is to have someone attempt to break into and find your weaknesses.
    Also I don’t agree with the experts about showing and inviting your neighbors.Because most people who don’t believe in prepping will come to you for food and shelter.Most people can defend their families against an adult aggression force,but will you be able to kill a father
    that is trying to feed his starving children.
    The guy with all the seeds has the best overall idea for his community..

60. The Silver Survivor
    March 11, 2012, 9:14 pm

My down-to-earth opinion on the Maya 2012 Doomsday Prediction. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

61. king neece
    US
    April 12, 2012, 3:10 pm

Portable Alkaline Water Machine with Enriched Hydrogen & Ionized-Minerals
    The best 4-Step water filtration system on the market (replaces bottled water, RO systems, POU units, etc.). Compare to more expensive machines!
    Can be used with any potable water source anywhere in the world for pure, healthy and always, safe water.
    • Water purification
    • Prevents illness / diseases Prevents acidification of the body
    • Produces energized and magnetized H20
    • Raises PH levels to a consistent 8.5 naturally
    • Removes reactive oxygen species from our body
    • Numerous studies show that drinking alkali water with enriched hydrogen & ionized-minerals aids in cancer prevention, metastasize of cancer, oxidization, diabetes, corpulence, cholesterol, etc.
    • Drinking from this source everyday improves blood circulation, improves immunity and removes reactive oxygen species that cause illness & disease.
    • Adds stabilized Ionic-Minerals that are easily absorbed by the body
    • NATURAL processes to raise alkalinity and ionized-mineral delivery
    • Improves immunity with superior NATUARAL, oxidation reducing processes
    • Instantly removes all water pollutants (*WQA Gold Seal – Tested & Certified)
    • Supplies an amazing 4,732 liters/1,250 gallons of highly purified, alkalinized, Ion-mineral, stabilized H20 (per filter intervals)
    • Boosts mental clarity
    • Scavenge free radicals
    • Proper muscle function
    • Prevention of dehydration
    • Slows down the aging process
    • Increased energy, strength & stamina
    • Eliminates Acidosis (precursor to disease)
    • Quicker recovery time between workouts
    • Elimination of dangerous bodily toxic wastes
    • Peak performing body cells and bodily functions
    • Long lasting filtration mediums / Effortless filter replacement
    • Decreases body fatigue caused by dehydration & lack of oxygen
    • Readily available ionic nutrients (i.e. Ca, K, / Mg, Na in ionic condition)

62. John
    bugged out
    April 15, 2012, 11:39 pm

8,000 members and growing.

prepping isn’t a hobby – it’s a lifestyle.

63. Doug
    HI
    April 17, 2012, 6:44 pm

I bought some EMP protection Faraday containers on Ebay last week.
    I feel so much better now that all of my electronics are now protected.

I have been watching the Sun weather reports.

On April 16th SPECTACULAR EXPLOSION ON THE SUN!!!
    Magnetic fields curling over the sun’s northeastern limb rose up and erupted, producing one of the most visually-spectacular explosions in years. The event, which also produced an M1.7-class solar flare and a coronal mass ejection, was not Earth-directed. Nevertheless, it confirms suspicions that a significant active region is rotating onto the Earth-side of the sun.

This year protect your electronics!!!!!

64. Ben J. Matthews
    Oxford, MS
    April 23, 2012, 8:16 pm

I just saw where Happy to Survive opened up a facebook group. Those guys are great preppers and would be a great contributor to your show.

http://www.facebook.com/happytosurvive is the webpage.

65. M Johnson
    U.S.A.
    May 16, 2012, 7:43 pm

Exactly what the wife has been searching for (Survivor Jane). Thank you for the link, and for all the other links on this page that we will find most helpful.

Thank you!

[Website redacted]

66. King Neece
    US
    May 30, 2012, 1:20 pm

Remove radiation from any water source

Our University of Alabama patented solar desalination product uses no electricity, has no filters to replace, can be taken anywhere and extracts pure water from any contaminated water source. It removes radiation, fluoride, salt, pesticides, bacteria, dirt and other contaminants from any water. It aids people to be prepared for disasters. Made tough in the U.S.A.

Please visit us:

These units can also be placed together in arrays of literally any number of panels, as needed, to accommodate a desert farm or any remote area that needs water.

67. Dillard, Tyler W.
    Fort Hood, TX
    July 14, 2012, 1:27 pm

++++MUST READ: ISAIAH 17

“The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

The cities of Aroer are forsaken: They shall be for flock, which shall lie down, and NONE shall make them afraid.

The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom of Damascus , and the remnant of SYRIA: they shall be as the glory of the glory of the children of ISREAL, Saith the Lord of hosts.

And in that day is shall come to pass, that the glory of Jacob shall be made thin, and the fatness of his flesh shall wax clean.”………………………………………………………………………

Syria is moving their chemical and biological capabilities into position to firing positions Israel has no choice to attack. Syria is a proxy of Russia and Iran… is destroyed. The war of Gog and Mamagog: Axias power will align. God intervenes in these wars and Israel will prevail. America will support this war with other Allies of Israel.

68. kevin
    swansea
    September 7, 2012, 4:17 am

Jesus is the way truth and life – check out my blog http://kmaccallum27.blogspot.co.uk/

69. Practical Patty
    georgia
    September 17, 2012, 9:08 am

I watched every episode of this show.

One flaw I found is that, while everyone prepares for a specific scenario, they always execute their plans based on the notion that their family will be with them when said scenario happens. What if you are home, you have two children … one at the elementary school, one at the high school, and your spouse is at work 20 miles away. Do you have a plan for that? Which one of you will retrieve which child? In some cases, like a dirty bomb, would it be safer for your children to shelter in place at their school? Could we, as parents, bare to allow that? Would my husband want to go to his 80 year old mother? What if there were no operating vehicles (as with a possible EMP)? How would you get your aging parent to your shelter site? I just think these are things every prepper needs to consider. Have a plan. While we imagine ourselves sheltering with our loved ones, the reality is that our loved ones aren’t with us 24/7. How does this affect your plan?

70. Practical Patty
    georgia
    September 17, 2012, 9:21 am

^^^ The reason I ask these questions is because I remember the blizzard that hit Atlanta in ’82. It came at rush hour and came fast, it wasn’t expected to hit until later that evening. Commuters were stuck on the interstate. Here in the South, most aren’t prepared for blizzard situations — no one has chains for their tires and most communities don’t have the equipment to clear the roads in a timely manner. My mother was coming home from work and was stuck in the blizzard on I75. As the hours ticked by into the night and no sign of my mother, my dad left me at home to go look for her (because men are notorious for wanting to “jump into action” haha). 30 minutes after my dad left, my mom made it home. She and I then spent the rest of the night worried about my dad. There needs to be, in any family, a very clear idea of who will do what in order to get home.

71. R Jones
    Florida
    September 22, 2012, 1:57 pm

As Preppers keeping our ambient air healthy is of utmost importance. Our 21st century technology sanitizes with UV and/or CLEAN Ozone (that’s O3 without the corona by-product released by inferior equipment). Click or copy and paste into your URL address field:

72. JIM
    RENO
    November 20, 2012, 6:05 pm

cAN SOME TELL ME WHY THE PREPPERS ASSUME THAT IN THE EVENT OF A DIASTER, THE PEOPLE THEY ENCOUNTER NEAR THEIR SHELTER ARE ALL AND I QUOTE; “HORRIBLE, WICKED EVIL PEOPLE” . SO IS THE IDEA TO KILL ANY PEOPLE YOU SEE NEAR YOUR BUGOUT SHELTER? WITH THAT TYPE OF REGARD TOWARDS OTHER HUMAN BEINGS, YOU MIGHT VERY WELL KILL THE VERY PEOPLE THAT CAN SAVE YOUR FAMILY FROM DOOM!!! SINCERE IGNORANCE AND CONSCIENCE STUPIDITY, IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE REASON WHY YOUR BUGGING OUT!!!

73. Antonio Myers
    Fl
    November 27, 2012, 9:37 pm

To whom it may concern,

I would like to introduce my new product that I developed for the US military while working in Afghanistan. The Combat Support System, a quick reaction, wall mounted, storage rack designed for a soldier’s weapon, helmet and tactical vest. If you could view it at http://www.combatsupportsystem.com and introduce the CSS to your audience, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

74. Pamela
    Alabama
    December 1, 2012, 12:08 pm

Are there any prepping groups in Alabama or Tenn. to maybe join with that anyone know’s of?

75. Jamie Bouslough
    Florence, OR
    December 11, 2012, 10:15 pm

WHY, IN THE NAME OF JESUS, DO THEY NOT GIVE US THE POINTS EQUIVALENT TO ACHIEVE 100 PERCENT. Tell me what on earth do I need to do to get a perfect score?

76. John
    bugged out
    January 23, 2013, 7:42 pm

over 13,000 members and growing.

prepping isn’t a hobby – it’s a lifestyle.

77. Trevor
    Ohio
    February 9, 2013, 2:53 pm

While agree that it is a good thing to have food and water and some cash on hand in case of emergencies the vast majority on these Prepper shows seem to just be people that want to play ARMY or COWBOY and INDIANS and get as many guns and weapons as they can . I believe having a gun or two is fine but when a family of four has 50 guns I dont consider them preppers at all .

78. M.D. Creekmore
    June 10, 2013, 3:29 pm

Doomsday Preppers what can I say, It was a good idea for a show, considering the rapid growth of the movement, but some of the folks appearing on the show have been far-out-there even for me. And I’ve seen a lot considering that I publish one of the most popular prepper sites on the web today at http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/ .

79. Ephraim Lowe
    Los Angelse - California
    August 17, 2013, 4:55 am

Like the show!

Ephraim,
    Survival Enthusiastic and creator of the web site http://www.survivalistadvisor.com

80. john tucker
    November 12, 2013, 10:21 pm

I cant believe Nat Geo decided to show those idiots tonight on Doomsday Preppers. The Marauders? How irresponsible.

81. D
    November 12, 2013, 11:31 pm

The Mauraders Tyler / piece of crap. He should be arrested for pre-meditated murder on his neighbors and community.

82. Oliver S.
    Magic City
    December 6, 2013, 2:41 am

Great reviews. I have been watching Doomsday Preppers for awhile now and really enjoy it. I started my own blog, Prepppers’ How To, to help get more people taking their own survival seriously. http://www.earthquakedisastersurvival.com/preppers-how-to

83. Ashley
    US of A
    January 28, 11:23 pm

Is it me or are survivalists a bit creepy? In the same way all fanatics are – they give up life so as to “save their life” – duh??

84. John
    There
    March 13, 5:34 pm

Ashley. If things turned to sh|t and your neighbor was a prepper, what’s the bet you’d be pounding on their door looking for help? “duh??”