WILD Fall Preview

Can’t wait till fall? Neither can we! Check out what’s coming soon to the WILD lineup:

Meet the freshest faces of Nat Geo WILD. Three rugged, adventure-seeking experts answering the “call of the wild.” And one veteran who will give them all a run for their money.

Also coming up:

Animals Say the Wildest Things: Coming this August-September, Wednesdays at 10 & 10:30 p.m. A chimpanzee therapy session, a polar bear that lost her cell phone, a choir of singing sharks and a bird tribute to the “king of Pop,” Michael Jackson. That’s just a bit of what comes out of the mouths of comedians voicing over natural history footage—with their own humorous interpretation of what the animals are thinking and doing in the new series Animals Say the Wildest Things. We’ll also meet the “Prince of Barkness” when special guests Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne give their own interpretation for a scene.

Nature’s Miracle Babies: Premieres Tuesday, September 13 8-11 p.m. & Wednesday September 14 8-10 p.m. These are special babies — more than just adorable, they are critically important to the survival of their species. Nat Geo WILD takes viewers around the world to follow dedicated people working to save them. Each animal they raise to adulthood is a step away from extinction, with the ultimate challenge to return them to the wild. We’ll see ambitious programs to save diverse species from the outback of Australia, the savannahs of East Africa, the Brazilian Amazon and some of the most successful zoo breeding programs in the world.

Comments

1. ajh
    July 31, 2011, 4:23 pm

So when do we get to see more about the Lady with 700 Cats?

We caught the special last night and loved it!

2. JMax745
    August 24, 2011, 10:22 pm

I watched Animals Say the Wildest Things, and although it looked funny, the Closed Captioning was TERRIBLE!!! It flashed on so fast, it was impossible to read. If it could be slowed down some, those of us with hearing problems would really appreciate it.

3. c.p
    August 29, 2011, 3:20 am

I watched "Leopards of Dead Tree Island" twice and couldn’t help but cried both time. The poor little cub that broke his pelvic bone, can’t help but wonder did anyone intervened and helped that poor little cub? This and Junior from "The Lion on Edge" broke my heart and I just needed someone to tell me that those poor cubs been saved!! 🙁 🙁 🙁

4. wordsone
    August 29, 2011, 11:46 pm

my cable guide says there will be a brand new episode of dog whisperer on September 8th. I thoguth i sqw a new article that said there are no new shows until 2012. anyone know if there are other new fall 2011 dog whisperer shows?

5. ChristineMacCalla
    September 6, 2011, 1:33 am

Like c.p. I too teared up watching the beautiful story, "Leopards of Dead Tree Island". "Animals Say the Wildest Things" is now my favorite comedy show. I just tickles me.

6. Theresa2537
    September 29, 2011, 12:29 pm

wow. too cute! love the dog… reminds me of my mutts!