Zoo, Sweet Zoo

blog post photo

© JWM Productions

The following was written by Carrie Cramer (pictured above), Zoo Owner, My Life Is a Zoo:

“One of the things people ask about the most is what it must be like living at our house. Well it’s a zoo inside and out. The house is not a typical house by any means. Our animals are our family and we raise most of the young critters in the house with us. The animals are kind enough to let us live with them is how we like to put it. Through out the year you will find the typical dogs and cats like most homes, but our house also has a few unusual members living in it too. Most of the house has been taken over by nursery critters’ cribs. This winter we have an otter (Amaree), two baby bobcats (Misti and Little Z), a baby spider monkey (Gracie), baby capuchin (Charels), young spider monkey (Gunner), young Bonnet Macaque (Gus), and our home became a place for them to live through the winter. It is home to four Parrots, a Porcupine, a Lanner Falcon, and several rescue cats. The bathroom is home to our baby Roo’s for the winter. We have a Red Kangaroo (Irwin) and a Dama Wallaby (Wallie). The rescue dogs all sleep downstairs in the basement where the have their own beds. And this is just our house, you should see our big back yard!

New Series My Life Is a Zoo premieres Monday, January 24 at 10 PM et/pt on Nat Geo Wild!

Comments

1. MenomineeCat
    January 21, 2011, 3:01 pm

Love the zoo, haven’t been there for a couple of years but I’ll be back again this summer! My brother’s camp isn’t far from there

2. Sher Baz Khan
    January 22, 2011, 4:23 pm

Carrie Cramer and I got similar pasion

3. Sher Baz Khan
    January 22, 2011, 4:24 pm

Carrie Cramer and I got the similar passion

4. elricha
    January 29, 2011, 6:35 am

the things i would do to be able to work with you and those animals!

5. ram
    February 8, 2011, 3:38 am

Like the show but really hate Carrie …
    she is so disrespectfull, insulting and such a b$%#^ the way she deals with bud.
    My guess he is much older than her and she is one of those free riders who thinks she can get away with abusing her husband while reeping the fruits of someone else’s labor ….
    I had to switch channels because i could not take her attitude any more.
    This is a family show which means kids also watch, this type of abuse should not be tolerated by a reputable channel such as national geo … please get rid of the trash…
    Thanks

6. Cdogg
    February 9, 2011, 12:02 am

Yes I would just like to write to you about this show called my life is a Zoo is the best show on this channel it beats anything on the channel by a longshot so please donot take it off the air i would love to see more shows i really lell inlove with the show and it would be a shame to take it off the air or to stop filiming it after only 3 weeks so please don’t stop filiming the show it has a gang of fans and we are all upset that last monday was the last show the ratings will go throught the air if yu keep filimg i promise you that thank you for your time sincerly
    Christian Robinson

7. lorababygirl
    February 12, 2011, 8:34 pm

I love this show. I accidentally fell upon it while searching the On Demand stations and I am hooked. I love Carrie. She is a bitch and it is awesome! For what she has to do every day, all day and they are together 24/7 – she has to be. They should put information how to donate to their zoo. I just love the DeYoung family!!! Lora

8. Haus Ulv
    March 1, 2011, 9:33 pm

I came across this show from the title.I have always wanted to have a zoo cause I love animals. Carrie and Bud are living the life I would like to live even though it is a lot of work and there are hard times. It is for the love of the animals and for any one that thinks that they are in it for the money, you’re crazy!!! Even though I haven’t been to the facility I can tell that it is a clean place.I don’t think it would be on the show if it wasn’t.The love Carrie has for the animals and the love they have for her is undeniable. You can’t fake that.in my professional opinion…they are great people and have a great place.

9. lisaandbella
    April 25, 2011, 3:15 am

we found this show surfing the channels and fell in love with it!! We hope to see more of the DeYound family!!

10. matt
    bristol, ct usa
    January 21, 11:33 pm

why are you so mean to your husband,?
    Yyou are doing some great things for the animals, but you often like to talk and get annoyed at him for opening his mouth and make faces and act like he is an idiot.
    Maybe slow down a little, talk less, listen more and have an open mind with people as well as the animals you save.
    You come off badly at times as a result, the segment I just watched that prompted me to write you were getting ready to move the hippo for the first time into its new enclosure.
    All I could think was WOW what a #$%#!, lol so thats my 2 cents, dont get defensive take it for what it is, no matter how you justify it, nobody likes to be talked to like that and in front of others is just disrespectful.
    You hit him for slapping the hippo, he was barely hitting the hippo which wasn’t bothered by it at all with its thick skin, but hitting your husband on tv and then justifying as if you were protecting an animal or returning a punishment just takes away from what you are doing and makes your behavior questionable.