blog post photo

Cesar Millan’s beloved pit bull, Daddy, passed away peacefully this Sunday, surrounded by family.

View Nat Geo’s Photo Gallery Tribute to Daddy >>

Adopted by the Millans when he was just four months old, Daddy was a key fixture in more than 50 episodes of Dog Whisperer, and was often referred to as America’s pit bull ambassador due to his gentle disposition and intelligence. He stood as a champion for calm-submissive pit bulls everywhere, and was instrumental in helping to repair their image as violent and uncontrollable.

As fans of Dog Whisperer know, Daddy often assisted Cesar with his toughest cases, bravely interacting with and calming the most unmanageable dogs with his natural balanced energy.

Cesar states: “I’ve always seen Daddy as my teacher of life. He brought my family and me so much joy over the years. Personally, he represented what my grandfather taught me, never work against Mother Nature. He will be greatly missed, but his spirit lives on.”

In honor of Daddy’s legacy, an Emergency Animal Rescue Fund has been established by the Cesar and Ilusion Millan Foundation. If you would like to honor Daddy’s memory and the contributions he made to improving the lives of animals, you can make a donation by visiting www.millanfoundation.org/daddyfund.

Comments

1. AmIEva
    February 23, 2010, 1:17 am

My sincerest condolences to the Millan family on the passing of Daddy. I always enjoyed watching him "work". I will miss him, as I know all fans of the show will. Some say there are no dogs in Heaven, but I know Daddy’s up there now, bringing balance to all.
    Sincerely, L. Paccione

2. njk50
    February 24, 2010, 3:01 am

I was so sad to hear that Daddy had passed away. I always loved seeing him with Cesar. He was a great dog and a wonderful example of how sweet and calm a Pit Bull can be with the right owner. My son has had two Pit Bulls and both of them were wonderful loving dogs. I will miss Daddy.

3. shabbychic
    February 24, 2010, 3:23 pm

I LOVE the photo of Daddy and puppy Junior snuggled up in the photo gallery tribute. I will miss Daddy’s solid presence in Dog Whisperer.

4. cn2jh
    February 24, 2010, 9:39 pm

Daddy was such a fixture on the show, he is surely going to be missed by everyone who watches. I remember Cesar said that Daddy would not be around much longer, but you always hope for longer life when they touch your heart as Daddy did to many of us, his fans. I feel very sad for the Millan family, especially Cesar as he was his right hand dog. Daddy will always be thought of when I watch Dog Whisperer, and truely missed by all.

5. karine santos
    brasil
    June 10, 2013, 4:52 pm

adoro o papai ele e maravilhoso meu sonho e conhece-lo um dia quem sabe deus nao me ajuda

6. Lea Zhang
    Shanghai
    October 29, 2013, 3:36 am

ohhh, i love Daddy. He is sooooo daring. :( hug hug
    dogs are like our babies, there’s always one of them you have special connection with. …
    Daddy, have fun in dog heaven

7. Amanda Pollard
    Cape Town, South Africa
    May 6, 12:15 am

Dear Cesar & Family, My thoughts are with you in the loss of Daddy. Daddy you will be sadly missed! All my love Amanda (CapeTown – South Africa)